rjrrzube

Washington NFL Franchise Retires Name and Logo

44 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

New Jersey Devils (sorry not sorry)

spacer.png

The Minnesota Wild have nailed it pretty well. I think if you're not careful red and green can come off as cheezy Christmas-y.

57 minutes ago, Popmart said:

spacer.png

The Minnesota Wild have nailed it pretty well. I think if you're not careful red and green can come off as cheezy Christmas-y.

Can you show me when that has happened? Honestly don't know that I know one.

33 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

They are regularly called Christmas colors, or Christmas uniforms. I’ve heard it plenty of times when talking about the Wild’s uniforms. It’s a dumb comparison but is mentioned plenty even on these boards.

39 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I personally see it in every uniform that has ever combined red & green 🤷‍♂️

Red and green don't seem to have the same contrast as the other pairs of complementary colors.  Maybe contrast isn't the right word, but unless separated by some other color (like how the Devils green yoke has a white stroke) it plays with my eyes a bit, whereas purple/yellow and blue/orange don't.

FWIW, while the Devils absolutely nailed it when they changed to red/black (not sure why they decided to fix what wasn't broken last year), their red/green sweaters were among my favorite of all time growing up.  I also think that the Bucks previous set was their best all time look, so there's too good examples of red and green working together.

"Red and green = christmas" is the same as "red and yellow - McDonald's" as far as annoying comparisons goes.  Maybe I'm just not a "christmassy person", but a large hockey crest and big numbers is enough for my brain to understand that it's a sports uniform and not an homage to St. Nick.

As far as red and green uniforms go, I've always liked these. With that said, I wasn't a fan of the Barcelona Dragons in the same color scheme 🤷🏾‍♂️

spacer.png

Maybe it's because a significant amount of the population has red-green color blindness? Red and green together on a  uniform would just make the whole thing look grayish. 

Question. If we call the franchise the Washington football team, can we do the same with the other teams?

Washington's Week 1 opponent; the Philadephia football team.

2 hours ago, dont care said:

They are regularly called Christmas colors, or Christmas uniforms. I’ve heard it plenty of times when talking about the Wild’s uniforms. It’s a dumb comparison but is mentioned plenty even on these boards.

I GET that they are regularly called that. I just have never seen it.

I'm tired of calling them Christmas colors. I'm going to call them Hungary colors. Every time someone does a Bucks or Devils concept in red, white, and green, I'm going to post about how the ravenous Magyar lusts for Mitteleuropa in his black Asiatic heart and then link to Bela Bartok music.

I think red and green can work together if you keep them to basic green and basic red. If you try and get fancy with the shades, it can look horrible but keep it basic and it looks really well done.

I've always wanted to see the Devils use a forest or pine green color, honestly; meets halfway between the bright green and the black. Plus, you know, Jersey Devil, Pine Barrens...it'd make sense.

But I can't really see the WFT ditching the burgundy/white/gold scheme. They'll want that tie to their history to appease the people whining about the fact that the name is being changed. You piss them off even more by abandoning the traditional colors, and Snyder's definitely too chicken :censored: to risk losing money, that's why he's changing the name to begin with.

On 8/20/2020 at 7:57 PM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

That was my suggestion back on page 5 of this thread.  Federals is the best name out there.  It sits beautifully alongside Nationals.  The USFL team's logo could be appropriately recoloured.

And Capitals.

...and Wizards (?)

28 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

At least they aren't still the Bullets. 

That doesn’t make it better

On 8/23/2020 at 10:28 AM, DNAsports said:

I feel like you’re over exaggerating your reaction. It’s literally just the normal uniform, but green instead of gold and that triggered you to vomit?

It is terrible. The shade of green with that shade of red is like watching a broken 1983 Zenith TV.

8 hours ago, selgy said:

It is terrible. The shade of green with that shade of red is like watching a broken 1983 Zenith TV.

It’s hardly worth a vomit inducing reaction though.

5 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

It’s hardly worth a vomit inducing reaction though.

Nah it is.