Washington NFL Franchise Retires Name and Logo

raz

That scenario sounds like the opposite of what they should be doing, which is having traditional imagery with a court-of-public-opinion-ordered new name that starts with Red. Keeping the temporary name but selling stuff with red wolves anyway doesn't make any sense. If they were to take the Cleveland Browns path, then they'd do merchandise with hogs.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, the admiral said:

That scenario sounds like the opposite of what they should be doing, which is having traditional imagery with a court-of-public-opinion-ordered new name that starts with Red. Keeping the temporary name but selling stuff with red wolves anyway doesn't make any sense. If they were to take the Cleveland Browns path, then they'd do merchandise with hogs.

Note Redwolves was used as an example not saying that is what it should be. 

Long time Skins fan here. The omission of the helmet stripe still bothers me (more so watching in live action). I feel like the gold pants would look a helluva lot better with the burgundy jerseys and current helmets than the white pants do.

In fairness though, I've NEVER liked the white pants in any combination.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

19 minutes ago, the admiral said:

No, there's no reason for the white pants. Gold/home, burgundy/road, you're set, no mix-and-match.

I’m in the camp of if you have white pants, you should probably only wear them with the white jersey (some exceptions of course)-

spacer.png

The picture above is one of my favorite looks for Washington. They haven’t worn this combo in probably about a decade and at least DC Jack Del Rio likes the idea of bringing it back. Before last season, the players were the reason the gold pants were dropped in favor of white.

5 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

spacer.png

The worst part of that 2005 season playoff run (for me) was these uniforms. Like I said earlier though, I've never liked seeing the Skins in white pants 🤷🏾‍♂️ lol

I grew up with Gibbs 1.0 and have always associated Washington as a white-over-burgundy team with the once-a-year burgundy-over-white game.  I thought it was kinda cool that the two main white-at-home teams were in the NFC East.

All these years (decades) later and it's still weird to me to see them wearing their dark jersey at home.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

56 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

Is Dan Snyder really gonna keep the Washington Football Team placeholder as the team name?

Sounds pretty lame IMO. This isn't MLS, Dan!!!

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/washington-nfl-owner-dan-snyder-says-his-team-may-have-already-found-its-permanent-name/

the fans are not “embracing [washington football team];” i don’t think we need to worry

On 9/14/2020 at 4:21 PM, 4_tattoos said:

The worst part of that 2005 season playoff run (for me) was these uniforms. Like I said earlier though, I've never liked seeing the Skins in white pants 🤷🏾‍♂️ lol

That looks like 2006 or 2008 to me. Washington didn't wear the all white look in 2007.

In between 87 (Chris Cooley) and 89 (Santana Moss) the player appears to be Jason Campbell. Who was the team's starting QB from 2006-2009.

1 hour ago, bucky_bleichert said:

the fans are not “embracing [washington football team];” i don’t think we need to worry

They're not embracing it? Is there proof of this on social media?

1 hour ago, Ridleylash said:

Since when has Dan Snyder cared about the fans' feelings? 😛

Exactly. Doesn't he realize they want him to sell the team?

13 hours ago, neo_prankster said:

They're not embracing it? Is there proof of this on social media?

I follow the team on Facebook. Every post still has a lot of people b****ing about the team "giving in to woke PC liberalism". As well as people making fun of the team not having a true name at the moment. I see very few people in favor of keeping Washington Football Team as it's permanent name. Maybe like 10% of the total post I see support that.

I'd say most people support the team because, it's still the same franchise they've been a fan of their entire lives despite the name change. However many of us view the current name as just a temporary placeholder. IMO, right now there is no majority in terms of the fanbase's attitude towards the team (no side has 51% of the post I see on FB). If I had to rank it though I'd say....

1. Fans that want a new name
  2. Fans that want Re****ns back
  3. Fans that want to keep Washington Football Team permanently
  4. Fans that don't give a 🤬 what the name is

I'm in the want a new name category. No offense but this isn't European Soccer (or even MLS). I demand good old fashioned North American style team names in the Big 4 leagues 🤷🏾‍♂️

15 minutes ago, Beer Barrel Man said:

And it's grown on me for that very reason. 😛 Makes it unique in this football. 

It'll just start an ugly trend with the Giants renaming themselves NYC United, igniting the trend and the Jets then going with New York City City or something equally dumb as only the Jets can. There will be at least three endzone painting errors in the first two seasons when the groundscrew accidentally paints 'NYC' in the end zone instead of 'City' in their stadium in Jersey.
Also, the NFL would really be divided between teams naming themselves 'FC' for football club and 'SC' for sporting club.

This could truly be the actual divide that destroys America, which would only complicate things for the 'United' clubs.

And then there's the matter of the XFL3...

Archived