rjrrzube

Washington NFL Franchise Retires Name and Logo

7 minutes ago, QCS said:

Well, I think that's where this falls apart. I highly doubt Synder gets forced to sell unless something illegal that he actually did (instead of just overseeing operations like a doofus) because rich jerks don't like to kick other rich jerks out of their rich jerk club. Richardson wasn't forced to sell, he chose to after some pressure from fans and media. It's possible the NFL would've made him sell, but to my knowledge they haven't forced a sale like the NBA did to Sterling. 

I think Synder renames the team as soon as he has a complete identity together. I'm sure he's made some money with the WFT merch, but a real name will make more because fans know that WFT is temporary. I think he'll get his new stadium soon enough, probably not in DC itself but in Virginia. Either way, that's so many years off that there's no way he doesn't make the change as soon as he can.

There is a lot of smoke of issues similar to what Richardson had. This seems to be more organizational. Sorry. Trying not to derail the topic of uniforms. Just bringing this up to support my theory as to why I think they will wait to rename the team.  

11 minutes ago, selgy said:

There is a lot of smoke of issues similar to what Richardson had. This seems to be more organizational. Sorry. Trying not to derail the topic of uniforms. Just bringing this up to support my theory as to why I think they will wait to rename the team.  

No, I agree, there's certainly massive issues with the way Synder runs the team and I hope he sells, just saying that the NFL doesn't have a precedent of forcing owners to sell. 

The more I think about it, the less I mind Redwolves. I still want Redtails the most, but Redwolves would be fine with me as long as it's one word and they don't try to overcomplicate things. I expect either after this season or after next we'll see the results of the rebrand. 

24 minutes ago, QCS said:

The more I think about it, the less I mind Redwolves. I still want Redtails the most, but Redwolves would be fine with me as long as it's one word and they don't try to overcomplicate things. I expect either after this season or after next we'll see the results of the rebrand. 

The team has stated that they could potentially keep “Washington Football Team” for up to two seasons. Allowing for more time in the search for a new name.

How much time do you need? Are new words going to present themselves in 18 months that wouldn't have occurred before? You could brainstorm this over a weekend and be done.

Just now, the admiral said:

How much time do you need? Are new words going to present themselves in 18 months that wouldn't have occurred before? You could brainstorm this over a weekend and be done.

They need time to come up with the right amount of fluffy Nikespeak about whatever name they decide on.

6 hours ago, colortv said:

So is this the guy that has been buying up all the potential new team names? I ask because the team's headquarters is in Ashburn, VA while the owner of this trademark is based in Alexandria, VA. Don't know the guy's name or location, but instantly noticed this trademark didn't come out of Ashburn.

4 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

So is this the guy that has been buying up all the potential new team names? I ask because the team's headquarters is in Ashburn, VA while the owner of this trademark is based in Alexandria, VA. Don't know the guy's name or location, but instantly noticed this trademark didn't come out of Ashburn.

Yes, it's the same guy. The trademark filing is registered to Philip Martin McCaulay, who was profiled here:
https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/man-offered-nfl-dozens-free-trademarks-dc-team/story?id=71843133

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

lol Arial Black

Truly. this man knows his professional fonts. 😜 

My comment earlier in the Browns thread about orange pants made me realize something about Washington...

I like the burgundy pants and white pants, BUT I’ll welcome back the gold pants IF they bring back a gold helmet with their rebrand.

On 10/11/2020 at 1:11 PM, the admiral said:

How long does it take to design, test(for merchandise/graphics etc.) and approve an NFL caliber logo?

I don't think the uniforms are as big of a deal because they'll probably get new uniforms when they open their new stadium, whenever/wherever that is.

43 minutes ago, colortv said:

I think this in-division logo "matchup" shows the potential of Wolves.

Daniel-Hopkins-1.png

Philly-Eagles.jpg?height=420&width=560

The potential of what? Already being extremely outdated?

Something about that wolf face makes me think of furries. I don't wanna think of furries.

The full eagles wordmark + logo is by far the worst of their marks.  It's the only one I'd call "dated".

1.  It's the only time you see the Eagle head facing right.  Even though that's how many logos face, I think it works better facing left.

2.  The eagle head is also at a weird angle - like it's tilted up a bit so that it matches the arc of the wordmark.

3.  When shows with the midnight green bakground, it washes out the bird head a little bit because of its own green stroke.

I think the Eagles stand-alone head is one of the standard bearers for the new-age aggressive logos done right (I'm also not a fan of cartoonishly-aggressive logos, but I think they managed to make one that's both aggressive and mature at the same time.)

22 minutes ago, BBTV said:

The full eagles wordmark + logo is by far the worst of their marks.  It's the only one I'd call "dated".

1.  It's the only time you see the Eagle head facing right.  Even though that's how many logos face, I think it works better facing left.

2.  The eagle head is also at a weird angle - like it's tilted up a bit so that it matches the arc of the wordmark.

3.  When shows with the midnight green bakground, it washes out the bird head a little bit because of its own green stroke.

I think the Eagles stand-alone head is one of the standard bearers for the new-age aggressive logos done right (I'm also not a fan of cartoonishly-aggressive logos, but I think they managed to make one that's both aggressive and mature at the same time.)

The wordmark definitely has not stood the test of time and I have mentioned on here that I don't like midnight green, but the logo is still great.

36 minutes ago, JayMac said:

The wordmark definitely has not stood the test of time and I have mentioned on here that I don't like midnight green, but the logo is still great.

I'm going to mention this every single time this comes up and I don't even care. The Eagles' uniform is now teal, and NOT midnight green like the way it was when they switched from the much-missed kelly green.

17 hours ago, DNAsports said:

My comment earlier in the Browns thread about orange pants made me realize something about Washington...

I like the burgundy pants and white pants, BUT I’ll welcome back the gold pants IF they bring back a gold helmet with their rebrand.

I love tradition jersey with a secondary color base, and a primary/white/primary stripe on both the helmet and pants. So basically..

1. Packers
  2. Browns
  3. Niners
  4. Pre-2018 Titans
  5. Pre-2018 Jets
  6. Cowboys(if they settle on dark royal & metallic blue)
  7. Bills
  8. Saints(if they use the throwback & CR)
  9. Dolphins
4 hours ago, JustForFun said:

I'm going to mention this every single time this comes up and I don't even care. The Eagles' uniform is now teal, and NOT midnight green like the way it was when they switched from the much-missed kelly green.

I was playing Madden 12 the other day(don't ask why), and I saw the Jaguars teal unis and thought "MJD played for the Eagles?"