rjrrzube

Washington NFL Franchise Retires Name and Logo

Eh, I'm not feeling that wolf logo. It's just too detailed for my tastes; looks like some of the detail could be muddled at small sizes and when blurred. In an era where everyone is designing around social media, excessively-detailed logos are going the way of the dodo.

The Eagles' logo is detailed, but not complex. All of the features are distinguishable even when blurry. I lose some of the fur detail when blurring the Wolves logo.

2 hours ago, DNAsports said:

It really is unfortunate that the best Wolves logo is currently being used in Minnesota-

spacer.png

Why is that unfortunate? If they're the only big 4 team to be named after wolves, isn't that to be expected? Or do you mean that this logo isn't that great, so it's unfortunate that it's the best one out there right now?

1 minute ago, Gobbi said:

Why is that unfortunate? If they're the only big 4 team to be named after wolves, isn't that to be expected? Or do you mean that this logo isn't that great, so it's unfortunate that it's the best one out there right now?

In the sense that Washington would have to compete with that and try to come up with something even better. I personally view the Timberwolves logo as one of the best in the Big 4.

On 10/12/2020 at 6:56 AM, the admiral said:

lol Arial Black

Typefaces aren’t typically included in trademark filings because their design can not be protected under U.S. copyright law. Many trademark filings like this are registered in generic typefaces because the protectable parts of the trademark are the words and color.

Man, wouldn’t it just be absolutely wild if they put stripes on the helmet next season? It’s just something we haven’t seen for this team. That’d be some crazy stuff I’d like to see!

11 hours ago, gothedistance said:

There have been articles stating that the process would/could take 18 months. Going back to July of this year. 

It also allows for the possibility of new ownership to have a say in the process.

On 10/12/2020 at 9:44 PM, colortv said:

I think this in-division logo "matchup" shows the potential of Wolves.

Daniel-Hopkins-1.png

Philly-Eagles.jpg?height=420&width=560

What's the significance of "Wolves" (or even "Red Wolves") to Washington DC? Other than alliteration of course. 

35 minutes ago, BrianLion said:

What's the significance of "Wolves" (or even "Red Wolves") to Washington DC? Other than alliteration of course. 

Red wolves are native to the region.

57 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Red wolves are native to the region.

I'm glad something is.

This is probably been asked already, but how would you guys feel about them just putting the roundel logo on their burgundy helmets in lieu of numbers?

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Chawls said:

This is probably been asked already, but how would you guys feel about them just putting the roundel logo on their burgundy helmets in lieu of numbers?

The W sure but not the whole roundel

2 hours ago, Chawls said:

spacer.png

I’d be okay with it if it had a “floating” white border.

5 hours ago, Chawls said:

That logo is a piece of crap that they seem to have had done off Fiverr, so I'd feel pretty bad about it.

I know the overall plan is to keep burgundy and gold, but the military color palette with the W is not terrible. 

spacer.png

I wouldn’t mind this Texas State helmet for Washington-

spacer.png

Yes including the white facemask and chrome gold.