crashcarson15

Ottawa Senators unveil primary logo, to unveil uniforms Oct. 6

Jerseys are great - my only issue is I would have liked for them to keep the new "O" logo on the shoulder. Fans love that one (and the colours would still fit nicely) and they don't really have any attachment to that winged "S" so feels weird to bring that one back when their current shoulder/alt patch is fine.

Sens president confirms new jerseys are coming, says we'll see the rebrand over the next couple of months. My guess is that the plan was to unveil them at the draft, so they'll likely release them sometime around the rescheduled draft in October.

On 8/4/2020 at 8:10 AM, VikWings said:

If this is accurate they're gorgeous.

Well yeah they always were going to be IMO (if this is in fact essentially what they do with them). The black home with the red stripes and old logo is classic. But 80% of people seem to get but hurt about the original logo ruining everything. I think it looks awesome.

Leaked: Photo of New Ottawa Senators Uniform for 2021

September 7, 2020 - 17:31 PM

There was another leak of, what is probably, the new Ottawa Senators rebranding yesterday. While previously we’d seen photos of merchandise courtesy the official NHL Shop (that’s a good source, right?), now we have our first look at the new uniform thanks to user “anothercanuck19” on Reddit. The leaked photo

Read More...

It looks much better with a red outline around the wings. And shoulda gone with the updated face, but overall looks way better.

More leaks:

EhQdB-iWAAAIgG7?format=jpg&name=largeEhQdCggWoAAwIyl?format=jpg&name=large

I'll reserve judgement until we see the actual Adidas jersey but does the crest not seem a little small?  Usually the proportions of the Fanatics jerseys are correct so it is somewhat worrying.  The sleeve stripes also seem too low to incase the numbers.

I'm on the fence about gold replacing the red outline on the wings/cape. On one hand the red livens it up with more colour, but the gold feels more consistent with the rest of the logo and probably stands out a bit more.

What a missed opportunity. They have such a great shade of gold, and limiting it only to the logo is a waste. 

2 hours ago, Morgan33 said:

I'll reserve judgement until we see the actual Adidas jersey but does the crest not seem a little small?  Usually the proportions of the Fanatics jerseys are correct so it is somewhat worrying.  The sleeve stripes also seem too low to incase the numbers.

I think the womens' jersey crests are smaller than mens' jerseys. 

16 hours ago, nash61 said:

More leaks:

EhQdB-iWAAAIgG7?format=jpg&name=large

16-Month Calendar?! When we adopted new 4 months?

44 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

Its pretty standard to include Sept-Dec of the previous year....this is nothing new.

48 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

Its for a Canadian team, maybe its metric?

16 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

Its pretty standard to include Sept-Dec of the previous year....this is nothing new.

It's standard but still weird...seems like there'd be no reason to buy a 16-month calendar the following year since those months were covered in the first calendar. 

1 minute ago, WSU151 said:

It's standard but still weird...seems like there'd be no reason to buy a 16-month calendar the following year since those months were covered in the first calendar. 

You buy it now, in September, and are good to go instead of waiting until January.  

Will the numbers on the black uniforms be white? It should be because the black outlined with red made them virtually illegible in their inaugural season.

18 minutes ago, Mr. Krabs said:

Will the numbers on the black uniforms be white? It should be because the black outlined with red made them virtually illegible in their inaugural season.

I'm 99% sure they will be. I don't think the NHL would allow the red numbers

Picture quality has improved so much since '92 that you could get away with red numbers on black today, at least on the backs. I don't think they will, though.