Ottawa Senators unveil primary logo, to unveil uniforms Oct. 6

crashcarson15

41 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

I don't completely disagree with you, but most of the fans seem to prefer the original. 95% of the social media reaction I'm seeing so far is positive, and this is coming from a fanbase that looks for any excuse to criticize their organization/ownership.

Sometimes you have to hold hands and tell people what they want. I'm not surprised that the reaction is positive because that Senators logo is associated with some good times. It's flawed though, flaws that were fixed with 2007 redesign. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ridleylash said:

spacer.png

Took this from their official website; it's probably the best look we've got so far at the new logo.

spacer.png

Looks like it's not completely the same as the vintage; the line weights have been changed slightly around the plume. That gold cape is gonna bug me, though. And I feel like they could've taken the opportunity to edit the face a bit if they were already changing the logo.

Oddly enough, I actually prefer the gold cape, though can't explain why. I like the more muted bronze-like colour, unless that's just my monitor...

You're right about the face though... fix that huge nostril so it looks less like a moustache. The profile really should be just the nose with a slight indent, not a big black mark the same size as his mouth...

Ottawa Senators Introduce New Primary Logo
Full Uniform Changes to be Unveiled October 6

OTTAWA - The Ottawa Senators (@Senators) today unveiled an updated primary logo that will see the organization return to its roots with the implementation of a modified original "2D" logo. The updated look is one that fans, partners and players have clamoured to see return. The new primary logo will also be part of an expanded new identity and overall uniform change, with those details set to be revealed prior to the NHL Draft on Tuesday, Oct. 6

"It is time for the Senators to return to our roots," said Mr. Eugene Melnyk, owner of the Ottawa Senators. "The fans of this great franchise have high expectations. We have heard from our fans, our partners and our players, and we have listened. It is time to return to our heritage, but in a bold, new manner. The Senators have a rich history in our community, and we are ready for the next chapter to begin."  

The familiar two-dimensional profile of the Roman soldier makes its return, with gold trimming replacing the original logo's red on the cape. The gold semicircle with laurel leaves, which anchors the logo, makes its return and increases its association with the letter "O". The new logo replaces the modernized version of the logo that was first introduced prior to the 2007-08 season. A secondary logo will not be used for the 2020-21 season.

"A logo is an important part of any teams' identity, but it isn't the only part," said Anthony LeBlanc, president of business operations of the Ottawa Senators. "The way this logo will be incorporated into our updated uniforms is the mark of a winner. It is time to start our new chapter of hockey excellence. A chapter that will make Sens fans in the Capital Region proud. We very much look forward to the unveiling of our new home and away uniforms on October 6."  

0I3kSAc.png

We are wolves • Under the moon

• officeglenn changed the title to Ottawa Senators unveil primary logo, to unveil uniforms Oct. 6
3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Hype cycles are often overrated. I'm fine with just changing it instead of "Coming soon.....................................Get ready........................Are you ready............................" tweets. 

Remember when the Sabres did that for like 150 years and ended up with their yellow sweater ? I think it's much better the way Ottawa did 

First the Sabres, Now the Senators. The retro-modern look is taking over in sports. I love it.

Although, the Sharks should've follow the Sabres and Senators by bring back the original look and update their original logos. Come on Sharks, listen your fans. they wanted the original look back. it's easy.  I wanna see these beauties on rink again.

spacer.png

spacer.png

FyVfBOy.png

Sc4Eo24.png

10 hours ago, Eastport76 said:

First the Sabres, Now the Senators. The retro-modern look is taking over in sports. I love it.

The Sabres I think we can all agree they did a tremendous job updating the original logo, me included. They kept what needed to be kept, they touched up the rusty parts just right, and they added their own heritage flavored features. 10/10 for the logo.

While I don't necessarily disagree with your point, I can't at all put both the Sabres & Sens rebrands at the same level of aesthetic appeal.

Ottawa Senators Officially Unveil New, Familiar Logo

September 18, 2020 - 22:45 PM

Alright everyone, act surprised. Okay, ready? The Ottawa Senators released their new logo today and it’s basically the same as what they wore in the ’90s but the cape is now gold instead of red! You didn’t act surprised. Well no, of course, you weren’t, this logo was leaked on

Read More...

I like the logo. The update is very subtle - more subtle than I would have gone, but I think it's nice. The face doesn't bother me as much as it seems to for others.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I never liked the plume and cape in this logo. It just always seemed like too much. The unused logo corrected it by shrinking the cape size so both elements weren't competing for attention. The face and helmet design looks like something from before the 90's.

The 2007 logo was average at best, but at least it was more up-to-date.

11 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

Huh. Wasn't the gold S circle present on those jersey leaks?

Could be what he really meant was there would be no alternate jersey and alternate logo since he specifically mentioned next season.  So, the O logo is probably dead for  now.  That would make sense as to give the new primaries a chance to shine (or flounder) on its own.  It would be really weird if they didn't have a shoulder logo for next season, only then have one two years from now.

23 hours ago, Ricky_Roby said:

Oddly enough, I actually prefer the gold cape, though can't explain why. I like the more muted bronze-like colour, unless that's just my monitor...

I mean, it's basically identical to the shade of gold Anaheim, Florida and Vegas use, just a tinge darker;

spacer.png

And I really do mean a tinge; there's no Pantone for the new Sens gold yet, but the values I have for it in the color picker for my image editing software are R:183, G:146 and B:87. The VGK/ANA/FLA gold is R:185, G:151 and B:91, and the original ANA/OTT gold is R:198, G:146 and B:20.

I honestly feel they probably could've gone with Vegas Gold, like what Pittsburgh used to have, and it'd have been less confusing. If they wanted the same type of gold as those three...why not just use that same shade? Why make such a pointlessly minute change to the shade at all?

They really should have cleaned this up a little bit.  It's like they just found the logo on google and hit "trace."  The amount of anchor points around the sideburn area is ridiculous.

ecyyZiv.jpg

Here's a comparison of the laurel leaves from the 2007 logo everyone wanted (left) to what they went with.  Would it have killed them to put a little bit of effort in this...  Credit for these images goes to Icethetics.

HPjp5fH.jpg

While the site is being updated with the new Senators stuff, would it be too much to ask to go in and replace the ugly 25th anniversary logo with the one the team **actually** used in 2017?

I don't know if it's the site's toronto bias doing on purpose to leave the ugly one, but the organization did change it after fan outcry and the final version was fine, and was the only one to ever appear on merchandise and on the player jerseys.

Now, don't get me wrong, they can still screw up the 30th anniversary one in 2022, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it...

IMG_0887.jpg

Archived