Ottawa Senators unveil primary logo, to unveil uniforms Oct. 6

crashcarson15

I shouldn't be amazed at this point, but man, the Senators have botched it in a multitude of ways yet again. And boy, those sleeve stripes continue to look low, which means we're probably getting the numbers above them this time. It'll be better than what they had for 13 seasons, but it still will not be good.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks weird, but I feel like the black cuffs were never that great to begin with.

The nostalgic in me is kinda bummed, but the obsessive-compulsive in me is kinda glad that the colour layout for the home & away is more traditional now, if that makes any sense. You no longer have this weird home & away combo where one jersey is all black, while the other one has these very black sleeves for no particular reason.

Those black cuffs always made the white jersey feel like that very 90's look where dudes would wear a t-shirt over their long sleeved shirts. Curious to see how it looks in action. Guessing it'll pretty much look like the NJ devils, which is kind of a bummer. 

thecatch.jpg

57 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

I shouldn't be amazed at this point, but man, the Senators have botched it in a multitude of ways yet again. And boy, those sleeve stripes continue to look low, which means we're probably getting the numbers above them this time. It'll be better than what they had for 13 seasons, but it still will not be good.

Sleeve stripes are weirdly low on Fanatics jerseys. The stripes on Fanatics’ Kings throwbacks are more forearm height than elbow.  

I have a weird suspicion that since the S patch will be closer to the collar, the numbers will be above the sleeve stripes. Hope I’m wrong. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, spartacat_12 said:

Just saw this mock up of the white jerseys on twitter.

spacer.png

That actually looks pretty great.  I've never been a fan of black cuffs and the black hem-stripe was redundant against the black breezers anyways.

5 minutes ago, SSmith48 said:

Ugh, the Senators had a chance to become a fantastic team, and they have that potential. So disappointing to see such a half-baked attempt at a throwback. I don't know how they botched it this bad...

It's the Senators; you were expecting anything else, you were kinda foolish. Botching what should be slam dunks is the Sens' modus operandi.

All in all it is a disappointment, but I feel more betrayed by the lack of proper hemstriping than by the sleeves on the white jersey.

Also, I thought the shoulder patch was going to be wingless, which IMO would've been a nice touch. Disappointed by that as well.

thecatch.jpg

4 minutes ago, SenatorJake said:

All in all it is a disappointment, but I feel more betrayed by the lack of proper hemstriping than by the sleeves on the white jersey.

Also, I thought the shoulder patch was going to be wingless, which IMO would've been a nice touch. Disappointed by that as well.

A 4-inch band of contrasting color at the bottom of the jersey doesn’t qualify as a “proper hem stripe” anymore?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I think the thing that irks me is that they had the easy option of just going to the mid-late 90's set and changing some details to make it feel fresh, but instead chose to frankenstein together a weird, historically non-existent white jersey when they're explicitly baiting out nostalgia. Hell, Calgary's literally doing pretty much the exact thing the Sens seem to have chickened out of; going full-hog throwback. Surely that would've been a simpler route for Ottawa than making weird changes to the white jersey.

If the NOB font and logos are different from that original set, what exactly would make it so fans wouldn't want to buy it? Aside from Melnyk, anyways. 😜

2 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

I think the thing that irks me is that they had the easy option of just going to the mid-late 90's set and changing some details to make it feel fresh, but instead chose to frankenstein together a weird, historically non-existent white jersey when they're explicitly baiting out nostalgia. Hell, Calgary's literally doing pretty much the exact thing the Sens seem to have chickened out of; going full-hog throwback. Surely that would've been a simpler route for Ottawa than making weird changes to the white jersey.

If the NOB font and logos are different from that original set, what exactly would make it so fans wouldn't want to buy it? Aside from Melnyk, anyways. 😜

That’s my position, too, more or less. If you’re going to tinker, at least make it better. I don’t understand what there is to gain from a lateral move here.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Ottawa releasing these exclusively on a local news network that no one outside of Ottawa can see, instead of social media or the team's website, is pretty peak Senators. 

They advertise a 6pm unveiling...then post this at 6:03pm for some unknown reason...just f'ing unveil them already...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Pretty great that because I don't have cable there's no way I can watch the reveal. Instead this is from the mayors twitter account, numbers inside the arm striping confirmed.

spacer.png

Edit: other jersey in better quality

spacer.png

I don't hate the road sweater as much as I did yesterday, hope it grows on me more.

26 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Ottawa releasing these exclusively on a local news network that no one outside of Ottawa can see, instead of social media or the team's website, is pretty peak Senators. 

They advertise a 6pm unveiling...then post this at 6:03pm for some unknown reason...just f'ing unveil them already...

A parking garage? Nice, what's in the bag, new uniforms or crystal meth?

Archived