Ottawa Senators unveil primary logo, to unveil uniforms Oct. 6

crashcarson15

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Basically:

- 2D logo returns, closer to the less-ornate ‘97 version than the original ‘92 version (no team name).

- Home uniform is black with two red stripes (no white)

- Road uniform is what you would expect (white version of 90s uniforms)

- Alternate is happening, may or may not be red.

- Black pants

Still unclear:

The author of the article makes no mention of the current, unused 2D logo (states the team hasn’t had a 2D logo since 2007), so we don’t know if the “near identical” logo is the current 2D logo or a new update of the ‘97 crest.

Also, no mention is made of the colors of the sleeve numbers on the uniforms.

According to the mockups, all of the jerseys will be worn with black pants, which were depicted with the Senators’ alternate ‘S’ logo from the 1990s on the right leg.

Im assuming they are talking about this logo

spacer.png

Makes me wonder if they're considering ditching the "O" logo and doing something new with their third jersey.

34 minutes ago, GFB said:

The author of the article makes no mention of the current, unused 2D logo (states the team hasn’t had a 2D logo since 2007), so we don’t know if the “near identical” logo is the current 2D logo or a new update of the ‘97 crest.

x8dxgo0eh0zensmq7icp.png

The current 2D logo is like, one of my favorite sports logos ever. Really hope they're just using it.

6fQjS3M.png

1 minute ago, crashcarson15 said:

x8dxgo0eh0zensmq7icp.png

The current 2D logo is like, one of my favorite sports logos ever. Really hope they're just using it.

It's good, but I feel like it benefits tremendously from having a set of wings like the original;

spacer.png

Something like this on the front of the sweater would be perfect.

16 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

It's good, but I feel like it benefits tremendously from having a set of wings like the original

Do you see the redundancy in the image?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The current 2D logo is near-perfect. It's an amazing modernization of the 1990s logos. 

Cautiously optimistic with this rebrand. The new unis sound good, but hopefully they make the right call with the logo. 

I mean, I get that look was probably their best, but was hoping to see something new. Kind seems like a cop out. 

I am kind of glad it’s the black jersey without the white.  It pairs better with the white version. 

id assume it will have some updates to the shoulder logo, and probably the main. I can’t image they’d use the original one. It would look so dated. 

The white accent stripes on the black jersey always looked better to me and represents more of when the team really became fun to watch in the late 90s

1998-99 Damian Rhodes Ottawa Senators Game Worn Jersey - Team ...

edit: It sounds like they will keep the double red arm stripes (without white accent stripes), which will still be okay with me. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The wings were the worst part of the bad original logo.  If you're not going to keep the superior current 3D logo, at least keep the mostly-superior current 2D logo.

Also, the Peace Tower logo is traaaaaaaaash.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

35 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The white accent stripes on the black jersey always looked better to me and represents more of when the team really became fun to watch in the late 90s

1998-99 Damian Rhodes Ottawa Senators Game Worn Jersey - Team ...

If they keep the double red arm stripes (with or without white accent stripes) I assume they'll put the numbers above the stripes (a la current Kings) instead of the 80s/90s trend of putting them directly on the middle stripes. 

That would make them a black and red version of the leafs basically. Perhaps with different proportions but still. I say it’ll be the same as before with the numbers inside the stripes. No one else does that anymore. 

As a Sens fan, it's kinda surprising to me that a pretty good chunk of the fanbase thinks the updated 2D is hot garbage (which I strongly disagree with). I would prefer the updated 2D to be the main logo, but I'm not gonna complain that I can finally cheer for a team that doesn't wear a 13-year hot templated mess.

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

I'm in the minority but I never quite felt the updated 2d head elicited the same impact that the original does. I always like thicker lines, so I appreciate it for that, but the original feels more like a primary logo, where the updated one looks more like a shoulder patch IMO.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Report: Ottawa Senators to Bring Back Old Logo in 2021

July 14, 2020 - 00:05 AM

The Ottawa Senators have finally settled on their future look… by going back and using their old one. According to a report from The Athletic which SportsLogos.Net can confirm, the Ottawa Senators will be switching to a slightly modified version of the “2D senator head” logo they used from 1997-2007

Read More...

Archived