Ottawa Senators unveil primary logo, to unveil uniforms Oct. 6

crashcarson15

5 minutes ago, UnclearInitial said:

There’s probably an alternate reality where the Senators lean into a part of the Roman theme that would be more appropriate to the government aspect and they have an identity heavily featuring fasces. Too bad in this one it was coopted by, well, fascists. Although if they do decide to push the Roman theme further they could try an SPQO patch

All the more reason why the Silver Seven > Roman.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leaked: Ottawa Senators New 2020-21 Logo

July 18, 2020 - 02:11 AM

It’s amazing how one tiny leak can eventually lead to so much more… Just a few days after word spread that the Ottawa Senators were returning to a slightly updated version of their 1997-2007 logo, we have seen the new logo. Thanks to an errant shop listing at the official

Read More...

As I said in the other thread, the points coming off the left are supposed to be a cape. Why would they be gold instead of red? Ugh, Senators doin' Senators things again.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

They probably felt that since they've spent the last 13 years pissing everyone off with everything they do, they should make the safest, most traditional change possible, which is just going back to what they originally wore. I understand the sentiment, but that doesn't have them looking their best.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I think they did the right thing.

They should have never stopped using this logo. As much as I love the 92-93 Penguins logo and uniforms, the Penguins made so many mistakes before they finally went back to the Skating Penguin, and that change was very much needed and welcomed. The same is true for the Sens. 

Sounds like there’s really nothing to this uniform.  New old logo (improvement nonetheless), a couple red stripes. No white or gold involved, even a little?  Hell, maybe that’s for the best.  Give them less to screw up. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

How the hell did they find a way to make the original logo even worse? This is why the Senators are the laughing stock of the NHL.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

7 hours ago, Ark said:

I think they did the right thing.

They should have never stopped using this logo. As much as I love the 92-93 Penguins logo and uniforms, the Penguins made so many mistakes before they finally went back to the Skating Penguin, and that change was very much needed and welcomed. The same is true for the Sens. 

Yeah, the logo still could’ve stood some more updating (like in the mothership mockups - I’ll admit I was a little shocked they didn’t go that kind of route), but otherwise this is still a better move than keeping what they have, in my opinion. Some might think this is a lazy move, but there is clearly a direction here to tap into nostalgia and this seems pretty purposeful and deliberate to me. You don’t pretty much dust off an old identity out of storage full-time without there being good reason for it. 

The gold trim on the cape is a little odd, but in all it doesn’t bother me too much because there will still be plenty of red trim on the uniforms from the sound of things. I don’t think it’s going to stand out in a bad way all that much when set against the whole uniform.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

24 minutes ago, insert name said:

I love how the Sens do bring back the 2D logo and everyone here are still mad. 

That's because they brought back the wrong 2D logo. It's the new one that we wanted them to use, not the old one that would have gotten panned if someone had shown it in the concepts section.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

If no one said anything, I wouldn't have noticed the cape had a different trim. It doesn't bother me too much. I prefer the old 2D logo anyway. I find it much cleaner than the more recent 2D logo. 

XM4KeeA.png

1 hour ago, insert name said:

I love how the Sens do bring back the 2D logo and everyone here are still mad. 

They still really needed to go with something modernized enough, if a return to the 2D logo was their decision.

The red part of the Spartan helmet has 3 outlines; multiple outlines like that are a dated product of the 90s.

I can't imagine how anyone involved in management of the Ottawa Senators could look at these logos and come to the conclusion that the mark on the left is the more well-designed, aesthetically-attractive of the two. It's absolutely mind-boggling to me. The floating plume... the alien, lizard-man visage... the rudimentary overall styling - the mark on the left strikes me as inferior in every way.   

Kx1kw3rm.png?1 j91A7nYm.png

Archived