Artificial Turf Timeline

disman00911

On 7/17/2020 at 3:50 PM, the admiral said:

The Packers have had plastic-reinforced grass for a while now. Does that count?

No.  I consider them a grass team, which is why I did not include them or any of the other teams that have that type of grass.  If I recall, don't the Broncos, Eagles, and Texans (pre-2015) also have the plastic-reinforced grass that you described at their respective stadiums?

I forgot something,  here's where I got most of the information from

https://www.stadiumsofprofootball.com/

On 7/18/2020 at 2:58 PM, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Great post, thanks.  It's sacrilege, but I like the uniformity of recent turf.  Usually looks clean, doesn't die or get chewed up, etc.  What really trips me out is brown colored turf that colleges use for the infield.

I forget which school it was, but I recall a college team with that type of field...using a black mound, of all things.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

On 7/18/2020 at 2:58 PM, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Great post, thanks.  It's sacrilege, but I like the uniformity of recent turf.  Usually looks clean, doesn't die or get chewed up, etc.

Probably releases carcinogens when exposed to the sun

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2020 at 4:50 PM, the admiral said:

The Packers have had plastic-reinforced grass for a while now. Does that count?

Eagles have something similar, but the percentage of grass to turf is way slanted towards grass. You’d never tell, because the corners of the end zones are basically dead by the end of the year, and the hash area is torn up if Temple plays there before. 

im not sure it provides any benefit, and they may have actually done away with it, considering they resod during the season now. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived