Washington Post: 15 former Washington NFL employees allege sexual harassment, verbal abuse

officeglenn

Here's the WaPo piece (if you have a subscription): https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/07/16/redskins-sexual-harassment-larry-michael-alex-santos/

Even what you can see in the subhead without a subscription is bad: 15 former female employees alleging sexual harassment and verbal abuse.

Splitting this off into its own thread as it's a big enough story on its own.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So apparently this impending bomb on Snyder and Washington runs pretty deep. Including certain media members giving sexual favors for inside scoops about the team. However, it mainly seems like major executives and personnel with ties to the organization thinking they’re sitting on some untouchable thrones capable of doing whatever they want with zero repercussions.

2 minutes ago, heavybass said:

Well I was expecting one hell of a spicy nugget and whilst this is not what I was hoping for, this could force Snyder to sell the team.

Yeah I was expecting diarrhea to hit the fan. This is still really bad on all counts though. Definitely seems worse than the Jerry Richardson scandal so I’d look for a quick removal of Dan Snyder.

In summary...

- Redskins forced to change name
- Pepsi, Nike, AND FedEx all back out
- Sexual Harassment ring
- Training Camp begins in 10 days
- Rookies are to report in 48 hours
And all of this BEFORE we even get to week 1 of NFL action.

And here  is the archive of that article if you want to just read the article. 

Okay, so after looking over the article, it wasn't anything about Dan Snyder trying to fix games (yet anyway), but it is the end result of having a culture where no accountability is expected on or off the field. Whoever is going to run the Washington Whatevers next is going to make Bill Belichick look like Mr. Rogers. 

Starting to feel like the league knew the walls were closing in and that this, as much as the cops finally murdering one black guy too many while a quarantined nation was in desperate need of catharsis, is what put pretty much closing the book on Snyder and the Redskins into motion.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

57 minutes ago, heavybass said:

In summary...

- Redskins forced to change name
- Pepsi, Nike, AND FedEx all back out
- Sexual Harassment ring
- Training Camp begins in 10 days
- Rookies are to report in 48 hours
And all of this BEFORE we even get to week 1 of NFL action.

DAYS OF OUR REDSKINS WASHINGTON NFL TEAM

27 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

it wasn't anything about Dan Snyder trying to fix games

He's doing a :censored: job if he's trying.

I really believe that if the team weren't called the Redskins at the time, that would have gotten the entire front office purged. If any other team had done it, Sterlinged out.

1 hour ago, kmccarthy27 said:

Rather have Lerner or Leonsis than Bezos.

Would Ted Leonsis even be able to put in a bid? I thought there was something that legally prevented sports owners from owning more than 2 teams from the big 4 NA leagues.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

36 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Would Ted Leonsis even be able to put in a bid? I thought there was something that legally prevented sports owners from owning more than 2 teams from the big 4 NA leagues.

Nope. The NFL has a rule that you can't have managing ownership in other teams in other NFL markets. Little-known fact: the Hunt family has long had a sizable stake in the Chicago Bulls, but because it would violate cross-ownership rules to run the Chiefs and a team that competes in the Bears' market, they've only ever been silent partners. Jerry Reinsdorf himself only owns like 10-15% of the team. Paul Allen owned the Seahawks and the Trail Blazers, but because Portland doesn't have an NFL team, it wasn't an issue. 

35 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Stan Kronke I think own 3: Nuggets, Rams and Avalanche. 

45 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Terry and Kim Pegula own the Bills and Sabres.  

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

Nope. The NFL has a rule that you can't have managing ownership in other teams in other NFL markets. Little-known fact: the Hunt family has long had a sizable stake in the Chicago Bulls, but because it would violate cross-ownership rules to run the Chiefs and a team that competes in the Bears' market, they've only ever been silent partners. Jerry Reinsdorf himself only owns like 10-15% of the team. Paul Allen owned the Seahawks and the Trail Blazers, but because Portland doesn't have an NFL team, it wasn't an issue. 

As far as I can tell, Reinsdorf owns all or at least a majority of the Bulls. Lamar Hunt was one of the founding investors, but only owned a small stake.

Archived