Washington Post: 15 former Washington NFL employees allege sexual harassment, verbal abuse

officeglenn

managing partner =/= majority owner

He most certainly does not own 100% of the Bulls or the White Sox. There are lots of partners who collect their dividends and go unheard from (the Crown family of Robert Crown Health Center fame is another). 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at this infographic from the Chicago Tribune, it appears that Reinsdorf owns 100% of the General Partner. Forbes says he owns 40% of the Bulls, but only 19% of the Sox. Also according to Forbes, the Hunt family owns "a minority share" of the Bulls.

Considering they have no president, no GM, no really anything to currently for Snyder to deflect blame to I see no option but him being forced to sell. Once the new owner comes in he needs to clear house of everyone but Ron Rivera and his staff he brought with him. Just seems like a toxic organization from top to bottom.

16 hours ago, sportsfan7 said:

This is similar to what got Jerry Richardson ousted in Carolina. How likely is it that the NFL pressures Snyder to sell after this?

Would it be awkward if Jeff Bezos (who also owns the WaPo, who released this article) becomes owner if Snyder is forced to sell?

1 hour ago, officeglenn said:

Statement from Dan Snyder in response:

The part that bothers me is he was also part of it, but didn’t say anything about himself in his statement. Seems like a backhanded way of putting the blame on everyone else.

16 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Terry and Kim Pegula own the Bills and Sabres.  

That's the same market.  The problem comes when an owner takes control of a competing business in another owner's market.  If the Mara family bought the Sabres, they'd suddenly be in direct competition with the Pegulas for tickets and sponsorship money in Buffalo while being partners in the NFL.

Because as much as we want to believe that our hometown's sports franchises are partners in boosting the city, the reality is that they are competing businesses, sometimes bitter competitors.

22 hours ago, DNAsports said:

So apparently this impending bomb on Snyder and Washington runs pretty deep. Including certain media members giving sexual favors for inside scoops about the team. However, it mainly seems like major executives and personnel with ties to the organization thinking they’re sitting on some untouchable thrones capable of doing whatever they want with zero repercussions.

That's not at all part of the article.  Quite the opposite - media members were sexually harassed while trying to do their jobs covering the team.  You make it sound like the journalists were willing participants in a trade, if not originators.

7 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

That's not at all part of the article.  Quite the opposite - media members were sexually harassed while trying to do their jobs covering the team.  You make it sound like the journalists were willing participants in a trade, if not originators.

I was going off some reddit users who spoke as if they knew more than what they actually did. What I said was speculation not definitive. I just happened to post that as soon as @officeglenn posted the article.

5 hours ago, TBGKon said:

Would it be awkward if Jeff Bezos (who also owns the WaPo, who released this article) becomes owner if Snyder is forced to sell?

* disgusted Groundskeeper Willy sound effect*

Much rather have Leonsis or the Lerners buy the team. People with experience running successful major sports franchises. Bezos better buy a USL club and prove himself there before stepping to major sports.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

5 hours ago, TBGKon said:

Bezos would rather buy Washington DC than a Washington sports team. Not a political allegory about kickbacks or lobbyists, I mean a straight up Dr. Evil pinky in mouth offer to buy Washington DC.

Yeah, I get the impression here that the worst thing Dan Snyder did was not doing anything to stop this culture from taking root. Still bad, but unlike with Sterling or Richardson, Snyder himself was not personally involved with the worst offenses even if he is ultimately responsible. I could see the NFL trying to get rid of him as an owner but the case is more difficult IMO. At the end of the day, Dan Snyder is just a typical prick with money.

Bezos? That guy strikes me as someone who wants to upload himself to the Internet and become a mix of HAL, Skynet and Zordon.

4 hours ago, Red Comet said:

Yeah, I get the impression here that the worst thing Dan Snyder did was not doing anything to stop this culture from taking root. Still bad, but unlike with Sterling or Richardson, Snyder himself was not personally involved with the worst offenses even if he is ultimately responsible. I could see the NFL trying to get rid of him as an owner but the case is more difficult IMO. At the end of the day, Dan Snyder is just a typical prick with money.

Bezos? That guy strikes me as someone who wants to upload himself to the Internet and become a mix of HAL, Skynet and Zordon.

Bezos would be front and center if Snyder sells, although there will be some who want a POC to buy the team.  I cannot figure out who that would be though.

1 hour ago, GDAWG said:

Bezos would be front and center if Snyder sells, although there will be some who want a POC to buy the team.  I cannot figure out who that would be though.

Assuming that the buyer would have to be a Billionaire, the list is really short. There are only 7 Black-American Billionaires. Michael Jordan can't own the team since he owns the Hornets, so that narrows it down to 6; Robert Smith, David Steward, Oprah, Yeezy, Alex Karp, and Jay-Z. As far as I can tell, none of them have any ties to DC. I can't find a comprehensive list for other minorities, however.

On 7/16/2020 at 8:18 PM, kmccarthy27 said:

Stan Kronke I think own 3: Nuggets, Rams and Avalanche. 

On 7/16/2020 at 8:28 PM, GDAWG said:

I read that he transferred the Nuggets and Avalanche to his wife Ann.

Why do you think Kronke "transferred" the Nuggets and Avs except to get around the NFL's rule.

11 minutes ago, sportsfan7 said:

Michael Jordan can't own the team since he owns the Hornets...

Sure he could by pulling a Kronke as mentioned above.  He'd probably have to be part of a group if he wanted to do that as I don't think he has enough to do it on his own.

Archived