Sign in to follow this  
officeglenn

Washington Post: 15 former Washington NFL employees allege sexual harassment, verbal abuse

56 minutes ago, tp49 said:

Sure he could by pulling a Kronke as mentioned above.  He'd probably have to be part of a group if he wanted to do that as I don't think he has enough to do it on his own.

Without a doubt. His net worth is $1.6 Billion and I'd bet (no pun intended) most of it is tied up in the Hornets and Air Jordan. Forbes values Washington at $3.4 Billion.

2 hours ago, sportsfan7 said:

Without a doubt. His net worth is $1.6 Billion and I'd bet (no pun intended) most of it is tied up in the Hornets and Air Jordan. Forbes values Washington at $3.4 Billion.

I mean Lebron has has a 1 billion dollar contract with Nike, I think Jordan could ask for some more at this point if he wanted to buy the team

9 hours ago, sportsfan7 said:

Assuming that the buyer would have to be a Billionaire, the list is really short. There are only 7 Black-American Billionaires. Michael Jordan can't own the team since he owns the Hornets, so that narrows it down to 6; Robert Smith, David Steward, Oprah, Yeezy, Alex Karp, and Jay-Z. As far as I can tell, none of them have any ties to DC. I can't find a comprehensive list for other minorities, however.

There are those who own European soccer teams, but I don't think they would be interested in an NFL team.  There's Joe Tsai, who owns the NBA's Brooklyn Nets, but I don't think he has interest in an NFL team and if he was, it would be interesting to see if the NBA team he owns called "Brooklyn" instead of "New York" would remain under his ownership if he was to pursue the team.  

Having said that, I'm not sure that Snyder sells anyways.  This sort of reminds me of what happened in Dallas with the Mavericks after their own sex scandal.  The end result was the hiring of a female CEO, Cynthia Marshall and major wholesale changes in the business side of the team.  Mark Cuban wasn't forced to sell the team.

With as much of a tire fire as they are right now, is there any way we could see the Washington [CENSORED] suspend operations for a season and just sit this one out? Or is there simply too much money at stake to even consider that?

12 minutes ago, FiddySicks said:

With as much of a tire fire as they are right now, is there any way we could see the Washington [CENSORED] suspend operations for a season and just sit this one out? Or is there simply too much money at stake to even consider that?

Too much money. 

7 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

There are those who own European soccer teams, but I don't think they would be interested in an NFL team.  There's Joe Tsai, who owns the NBA's Brooklyn Nets, but I don't think he has interest in an NFL team and if he was, it would be interesting to see if the NBA team he owns called "Brooklyn" instead of "New York" would remain under his ownership if he was to pursue the team.  

Having said that, I'm not sure that Snyder sells anyways.  This sort of reminds me of what happened in Dallas with the Mavericks after their own sex scandal.  The end result was the hiring of a female CEO, Cynthia Marshall and major wholesale changes in the business side of the team.  Mark Cuban wasn't forced to sell the team.

Difference here being, the team doesn’t currently have a president or even GM, there To spread blame to. It’s only him and Rivera who just got there

On 7/17/2020 at 3:05 PM, DNAsports said:

I was going off some reddit users who spoke as if they knew more than what they actually did. What I said was speculation not definitive. I just happened to post that as soon as @officeglenn posted the article.

Reddit rushing to blame the victims is not at all surprising.  But let’s make sure we stamp that garbage out, not spread it further. 

The NFL and Roger Goddell should force Snyder to sell the Washington Whatchamacallits right now.  The NBA did this with the Clippers years back when Donald Sterling was caught making those dumb statements as he had been an awful owner for years.  I think the Snyder situation brewing right now is worse as Sterling was only guilty of making stupid comments.  

I don’t know, having an openly-racist owner is about as bad as it gets.  

Incompetent leadership that should have known it had a culture of abuse is also very despicable, but worse? I’m not sure. 

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I don’t know, having an openly-racist owner is about as bad as it gets.  

Incompetent leadership that should have known it had a culture of abuse is also very despicable, but worse? I’m not sure. 

I personally say it’s worse. The trauma these people faced is worse for the victims than an owner making very racist comments.

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, dont care said:

I personally say it’s worse. The trauma these people faced is worse for the victims than an owner making very racist comments.

The impact is greater, sure. I can see that line of thinking. But, at the end of the day Snyder himself did not participate in these acts and Sterling did. 

And on that note, can we just ignore the morality of what Sterling did and just appreciate how stupid you have to be to use the n-word as an owner of an NBA team when 75% of the players on any given NBA team are black? 

Edited by Red Comet

6 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Reddit rushing to blame the victims is not at all surprising. 

Aren't you a big "don't claim that CCSLC is a hivemind" guy? Reddit is several times bigger than this board, why is that place treated as one guy?

ANSWER: Reddit is a low-prestige platform, whereas, say, Twitter is a high-prestige platform

Oh, I never miss an opportunity to complain about twitter, either. 😛

My problem with Reddit and Twitter has nothing to do with “prestige”, whatever that means.  My problem is that they’re totally unmoderated and unregulated, and as such often represent the worst of their users.  Reddit frequently traffics in things that would get users banished from this forum.  I prefer a conversation where trolling has consequences.

But if it makes you feel better, I’ll rephrase. 

Redditors rushing to blame the victims is not at all surprising

😉

Don't know what you're talking about, Twitter has become moderated to hell, people are getting suspended there nonstop thanks to lots of speaking to the managers.

I think it's pretty clear that one platform is held in higher regard than the other. They're both about 97% garbage, but Twitter is the preferred platform of our saintly journalists, so of course that's the place to be, even if it sucks. Can you believe this hellsite is free?

I don’t know what you’re talking about.  But sounds like your issue doesn’t actually have anything to do with me, so I’m very happy to drop it. 

Yeah, this is just a silly tangent. I think we can agree that specialized message boards are the best and all of them getting crushed and replaced with Twitter/Reddit is a terrible McDonaldsization of the internet.

Anyway, wouldn't break my heart to see Snyder get pushed out for all this. At least Ron Rivera isn't an idiot. Wish the Bears had hired him instead.

This needs to be settled before the new name is selected.  If the league decides to make Snyder sell, then he shouldn't have a say in something that monumental.  Just be Washington NFL and work on getting a new owner and front office before becoming the Warriors, Redtails, Football Nationals, or whatever stupid :censored: name they end up going with.

And... it just got even worse.

8 minutes ago, LMU said:

And... it just got even worse.

Geez.  What an old-world bunch of crap.  "Hey man, be sure to save those titteeez so we can watch 'em later!"  What year is it?  God damn.