Atlanta Hawks Unveil New Uniforms, Logos, Colours

LEAK: New Atlanta Hawks Uniform for 2021

July 17, 2020 - 17:30 PM

One of the new uniforms to be worn by the Atlanta Hawks in the 2020-21 NBA season has leaked. The photo was first posted by Twitter user Rob Perez (@WorldWideWob). SportsLogos.Net can confirm this is indeed one of the new Hawks uniforms for next season. Here’s a closer look: The

Read More...

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

atlanta-hawks-new-uniform-2020-2021-leak

Jordan logo is surprising, but not as surprising as how incredibly ugly this is at first glance.

The Hawks make it so hard -- give the people what they want!

s-l400.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Just about anything is an improvement on what they wear now.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I’m confused. Is this a throwback “City” edition or something along those lines? Or is this the foundation for a new identity? I heard they were supposed to get new uniforms soon. I’m cool with this if it’s a one-off design that Nike tends to recycle every so often. But if this is the bones of a new identity, it’s terrible.

4 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

I’m confused. Is this a throwback “City” edition or something along those lines? Or is this the foundation for a new identity? I heard they were supposed to get new uniforms soon. I’m cool with this if it’s a one-off design that Nike tends to recycle every so often. But if this is the bones of a new identity, it’s terrible.

These are almost identical to the College Park Hawks jersey. I've known for a few months that this is the direction they would go in.

There will be a red version, and of course a white one as well.  The new identity has been scratching the surface for a while. The colors were revealed when the Hawks Talon GC, and G-League team uniforms were announced. The wordmark has been plastered over the renovated parks in Atlanta, so there were signs of how the uniforms would look.

5 minutes ago, Dnice said:

They don't  have to look that identical, do they?

The Hawks are obviously in charge of the Skyhawks identity, so it makes sense they would already have their main uniforms designed, and just make the Skyhawks jersey close to theirs. It's a nice, clean, and classic design. Inevitably people aren't going to like them, but most Atlanta fans wanted yellow back, and a change from the kiddy style uniforms we've had. Just going back to a retro was never the option, so I really dislike when people say "all they had to do was go back to this"

9 minutes ago, Digby said:

Getting very 90s vibes from that word mark, but not the 90s Hawks word mark that everyone knows and loves. Weird choice.

That kind of sums up Atlanta's design choices since the late 90s. Weird. They continue to run away from what people love, whether that's avoiding colors (the red white and blue set), introducing some elements but messing up others (Pac-Man logo but with volt and triangles), or going ultra-generic (the new set).

It's bizarre. People like the 'Nique and Pistol Pete versions of the uniforms and those are solid enough elements to build from. Why all of the zigs and zags? It's so weird.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived