SportsLogos.Net News

Atlanta Hawks Unveil New Uniforms, Logos, Colours

My first impression was good. I was a little uncomfortable with that curvy, not blocking, letter S. Seems not to be a GREAT uniform, but It's kinda cool.

It looks like a mash-up between St. Louis Hawks layout and 90's Atlanta colors.

spacer.png spacer.png

22 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Is it just me or do the Hawks re-brand every 5 years?

The team is always chasing relevance so they rebrand a lot to start a “new era in hawks basketball”. Hopefully now that they have a player like Trae Young to brings the franchise relevance, this look sticks. 

Color scheme is great, but the wordmark and design do nothing for me. It’s so generic. Say what you will about the old design (I liked it, but I know that’s an unpopular opinion here) but at least it had character.

That is awful. Can't see it lasting longer than a couple years before they come to their senses.

2 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Is it just me or do the Hawks re-brand every 5 years?

Hawks and 76ers are consistently rebranding every 5 years or so. 

I despised their current look when it came out, but it grew on me. I'm actually a big fan of it, minus the volt. Toss in that yellow/gold and it's a winner.

2 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Color scheme is great, but the wordmark and design do nothing for me. It’s so generic. Say what you will about the old design (I liked it, but I know that’s an unpopular opinion here) but at least it had character.

Agree. The uniform looks clean – but also very boring. That typeface is mediocre at best.

20 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

Only thing I can think of is that the alternates for every team will be Jordan brand and primary home/away will be Nike?

What???? They all are going to have that logo soon and how the hell can you have a rivalry between two sorry Ass teams.... Just Saying

Not gonna lie, I kinda dig it.

As the old set goes, did they ever wear black-over-red in that first season? I know they wore red-over-black, which looked awful, but I felt like black-over-red had a chance.

2 hours ago, Go Red Sox! said:

Agree. The uniform looks clean – but also very boring. That typeface is mediocre at best.

Celtics, Bulls, and Knicks have a virtually interchangeable jersey. Nothing is special or unique about their look either. It's the historical prestige behind the uniform, which clearly, this Hawks set doesn't have.

I need to see the whole set to really see what’s going on in the identity, but the leaked jersey is falling kind of flat for me. I really don’t like that the collar and side trim appears to have no gold whatsoever (again, from what we can see). They could have easily slipped some gold trim into those areas to really balance things out a bit more, but as it is now it looks a bit incomplete with just red there. 

I can see what they’re trying to do, but I don’t think it’s executed as well as it should have been. 

10 hours ago, L10nheart404 said:

gm5cm2vw9ib51.png

This looks great. The yellow helps differentiate them from the other red/black teams in the league. The drop shadow reminds me a bit of the old Heat uniforms that I always liked. I also like the lack of white when there is enough contrast between colors. White, even as a trim color, would drag this look down, IMO. While the style of the set looks a bit plain and traditional, the colors give it a modern twist. 

I'm interested in seeing the red and white versions of this look. For some reason, I don't think either will look as good. But I like the idea of this and then going with Dominique's uniform for the 4th option This may not work, but it would be kind of cool if they had a black, red, and yellow version of this with no white on any of them, and then the white 'Nique throwbacks in rotation for their white set. :)

5 hours ago, Igor Coelho said:

I was a little uncomfortable with that curvy, not blocking, letter S.

Damnit. Can't unsee. It might help if 'ATLANTA' had a curvy letter, but those will all be blocky as well. 

In and of itself, it’s decidedly mediocre. However, with the current volt and triangles look being so bad, this is quite the upgrade.

So what exactly is this jersey? I’ve seen both Uniwatch and Uniswag report it as a throwback jersey but I know the team has never worn it before. Is it like an in game version of the retro rewind jerseys from the late 90s?

Additionally I saw someone say a “human highlight reel” jersey is also coming, but that seems unlikely.

21 minutes ago, Krz said:

So what exactly is this jersey? I’ve seen both Uniwatch and Uniswag report it as a throwback jersey but I know the team has never worn it before. Is it like an in game version of the retro rewind jerseys from the late 90s?

Additionally I saw someone say a “human highlight reel” jersey is also coming, but that seems unlikely.

Could be a fauxback?

57 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

This looks great. The yellow helps differentiate them from the other red/black teams in the league. The drop shadow reminds me a bit of the old Heat uniforms that I always liked. I also like the lack of white when there is enough contrast between colors. White, even as a trim color, would drag this look down, IMO. While the style of the set looks a bit plain and traditional, the colors give it a modern twist. 

For some reason I never felt the 80s Hawks and Rockets resembled each other either.  Yellow seemed much more prominent on the Hawks, even though neither used it more than a little trim.  Also the Hawks seemed more bright red and the Rockets darker ketchup red, nearly burgundy...

15 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

All they had to do was switch volt to yellow.

I won't lie, I got totally desensitized to the volt that the last couple of years it looked gold to me.