Atlanta Hawks Unveil New Uniforms, Logos, Colours

On 7/17/2020 at 10:40 AM, DG_ThenNowForever said:

atlanta-hawks-new-uniform-2020-2021-leak

If the NBA came to Vancouver back in 1981 when Nelson Skalbania applied for one, those colours would have been perfect for a Vancouver NBA franchise. Both the NHL and NBA teams sharing the same colours like Chicago(red, white & black) and LA(Forum blue/purple, yellow-gold).

Black(as primary dark), yellow-gold and red look great together.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked volt because it was a nice change of pace from everyone using the same old orange-leaning athletic gold. Maybe it was a little too green and a pure yellow would be best, but it was a good idea.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 hours ago, Krz said:

So what exactly is this jersey? I’ve seen both Uniwatch and Uniswag report it as a throwback jersey but I know the team has never worn it before. Is it like an in game version of the retro rewind jerseys from the late 90s?

Additionally I saw someone say a “human highlight reel” jersey is also coming, but that seems unlikely.

It’s the statement jersey. The “human highlight” stuff is in regard to going with the throwback color scheme of the Dominique Wilkins era (even though they didn’t wear a black jersey when he was on the team). 

There will be a white and red version as well.

spacer.png

The white will 99.9% look like this. Which is fantastic!

10 minutes ago, alecgoff said:

Would be perfectly okay with this as a primary Association uniform. 

hawks-2134tr.png

I imagine the numbers will be red and the word mark will be Atlanta. Or ATL though that will probably be saved for the red one.

2 minutes ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

It better have black because the home not having black but the away being primarily black is really dumb. 

There’s no such thing as primary. There’s 3 equal jerseys. And we know there won’t be because the g league team doesn’t have any black on it

1 minute ago, ATLfan said:

There’s no such thing as primary. There’s 3 equal jerseys. And we know there won’t be because the g league team doesn’t have any black on it

I said the jersey was primarily black, not a primary jersey. As dumb as it is I understand that Nike got rid of the normal Home and Away system. 

And if your right that there is no black on the home than honestly this isn't any better than what they had previously, volt was ugly and the triangles were dumb, but outside of that, I never really hated the uniforms. I think it had potential. These seem uninspired and boring, and this is coming from someone who likes boring classic and traditional. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Wow the reactions here are so much different from what I've seen in other threads and other social media. Heard people say they liked what the hawks have now but also like this new one. Guess the hawks look is pretty controversial no matter what

As for me I don't mind it, but the way the hawks have branded themselves for the last 5 years I can't help but to still see them as the "futuristic" team if that makes any sense. With the techno looking triangles and neon volt. Now they're going for a more classic look. It's a full 180 turn 

IMG-7122.gif

Do I like this? No. Red black looks good. Red yellow looks good. Black yellow looks good. Red black yellow I think never looks good. Anyway, who cares? This will be one of 20 jerseys of various colors and names, nicknames, city abbreviations, and whatever crap the nba does now. They took the soccer route with jerseys...ads, new ones every year, team colors are optional, who knows what or when a specific uniform is worn.

KISSwall09.jpg

2 hours ago, alecgoff said:

Now if you are going to go with a basic font, the least they could have done was bring back the unique 80's template.

Hawks-throwback-3-final.png

That template is cool for nostalgia purposes, but this is why everyone has their own opinions. I never liked that uniform, and only liked the wordmark and colors. I like that they went the safe route, because we did the trendsetter thing with volt and the triangles.  Triangles were ok, but the volt didn't age well. So I think in time, this new set will age a lot better than the last.

20 hours ago, L10nheart404 said:

Celtics, Bulls, and Knicks have a virtually interchangeable jersey. Nothing is special or unique about their look either. It's the historical prestige behind the uniform, which clearly, this Hawks set doesn't have.

And this is exactly what I meant without posting it.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

12 hours ago, alecgoff said:

Now if you are going to go with a basic font, the least they could have done was bring back the unique 80's template.

Reverse the gold and white on the numbers. Everything else is outlined in gold, so the numbers stick out like a sore thumb. Don't look like they're a part of the same jersey.

On 7/18/2020 at 6:54 PM, alecgoff said:

Swap out the red for green and you have a beautiful Sonics jersey.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

On 7/18/2020 at 6:00 PM, ATLfan said:

It’s the statement jersey. The “human highlight” stuff is in regard to going with the throwback color scheme of the Dominique Wilkins era (even though they didn’t wear a black jersey when he was on the team). 

There will be a white and red version as well.

spacer.png

The white will 99.9% look like this. Which is fantastic!

I'm kind of shocked that the College Park Skyhawks connection isn't being talked about more, because based on this leak, the Hawks essentially were testing out their new look through their G League team-

Skyhawks_courtesy.jpg

1819_hwk_bc_1920_skyhawks_press_release.

The fonts and colors used are identical. I mean that's got to be a first, right? 

spacer.png

Archived