Atlanta Hawks Unveil New Uniforms, Logos, Colours

Atlanta looks great. I prefer teams to find a way to make a clean modern uniform, but sometimes old school can’t be beat. I’m glad they didn’t go bland (classic doesn’t have to mean boring) because those panel stripes are wacky in a good way. Huge upgrade for the Hawks.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is absolutely amazing. The colors look great, and hopefully this will stick around and become the “Trae era” look.

However without fail people are beginning to miss the old look. I remember when it was introduced it was basically only celebrated for not being navy, but now people are praising it as different and modern. Volt was a bad trend from like 2012, and the triangles never really made sense. This is definitely an upgrade and maybe a top 5 look.

Excellent!

Take notice, teams revealing uniforms. Do it like this. Clear looks at the uniforms. No extreme closeups. No fog machines. No weird lighting.

Certainly you can add flourishes beyond a simple still photo, without going all pro-wrestling intro, as the Hawks have proven.

As for the new togs, they are a tad simplistic, but erring on the side of under- versus over-design? Fine with that.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

4 minutes ago, Krz said:

This is absolutely amazing. The colors look great, and hopefully this will stick around and become the “Trae era” look.

Trae Young follows Steph Curry in another way, pivoting from gaudy rookie designs to primary colors on a rebrand.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

5 minutes ago, VandyDelphia Mike said:

Take notice, teams revealing uniforms. Do it like this. Clear looks at the uniforms. No extreme closeups. No fog machines. No weird lighting.

As a added bonus I could probably make some good templates based on these images because they show the important angles and are high quality.

Excellent!

It just hit me that the red and white jerseys* both say "Atlanta."  I wonder if that means they don't intend to wear that at home a lot.

*I wanted to call them "primaries" but that's not really the way the NBA works now.  And I neither know nor care what their offical designation is (Legacy? Association? or whatever)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

4 minutes ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

I'm so glad black is the alternate here, that was my biggest fear that it was the primary road. The red looks fantastic an matches great with the white, the black is still on the fence but despite that, this is still a huge upgrade. 

I have a strong feeling, despite being the alternate, black will be used most often ala championship set for the Cavs. But in this case i like it so much i don't mind. Something about black with red/gold accents looks great to me

Glad they finally are back to red and yellow! They look much better than they previously did (unlike a certain Atlanta football team). My hope is they do something with the old blue and green uniforms they wore with the city uniforms, and if they have a classic they use they the ones with the big white stripe across the chest (you should know what I'm talking about) Only nitpicks are I wish they kept the current font over the standard block font, and that they stayed under nike instead of hopping to Jordan (that should really only be for the Hornets and maybe the Bulls) I am really hoping the red uniform is the main color jersey, it fits so much better than the black one

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

The white and red look really nice with the additional details and the logo on the shorts.

However, the Hawks have always kind of pushed their design forward. These seem like a rubber band perhaps too far in the other direction. I feel like we have the Knicks, Celtics, and Spurs to go all-in on classic styling. The Hawks just needed to turn the dial from an 11 to a 7. This is a 2.

Yes, in the abstract they're nice, but they're also just on the other side of being a template. And the logo is as generic as it can possibly get. No bird? Or feathers? Or a beak?

The Hawks aren't the Lakers or Celtics. Cosplaying like them won't make it so.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I should save this for Unpopular Opinions but white text outlined in yellow almost always looks terrible, and the “statement” color scheme with black instead of white is the winning combination here.

the weirdly janky block script looks better in the non-arched wordmark. But that’s not what’s on the jerseys, alas.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Atlanta Hawks Unveil New Uniforms, Logos, Colours

July 21, 2020 - 15:57 PM

The Atlanta Hawks this morning officially unveiled three new uniforms, a series of new alternate logos, as well as a new colour scheme. This unveiling confirms the leaked black jersey we saw just a few days ago. Yellow returns to the Hawks’ colour scheme, a hue that was sorely missed

Read More...

33 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

It just hit me that the red and white jerseys* both say "Atlanta."  I wonder if that means they don't intend to wear that at home a lot.

*I wanted to call them "primaries" but that's not really the way the NBA works now.  And I neither know nor care what their offical designation is (Legacy? Association? or whatever)

It shouldn't be. They've had "Atlanta" on their white jerseys since 2014.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

• officeglenn changed the title to Atlanta Hawks Unveil New Uniforms, Logos, Colours

In a vacuum, these are actually really nice (or at least the red and white). The Hawks never struck me as a traditional team so it feels a little weird seeing them rock something so simplistic. Unfortunately knowing this franchise, I wouldn't be shocked if they change it up again and unveil another look within the decade. They can never just stick to one identity for the long run.

who even cares anymore? each NBA team releases 1-2 (min.) new jerseys every season. the uni reveal has become so watered down it barely registers (for me, atleast).

which is a shame, as obviously as a member of this board, i used to get really excited about this kind of thing

edit- to be fair, these are a clear upgrade and do look nice, if a little bland -  the creative  side panels not withstanding.

Archived