Atlanta Hawks Unveil New Uniforms, Logos, Colours

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Upgrade. Nice use of colors, fairly boring template, likely won't last all that long. Kinda reminds me of the Cavs simplified 2010 look. It felt like a base design that could evolve into something special but instead they just scrapped it eventually for the next thing.

Yeah, these are legit! Why wouldn't these last? The Cavs had LeBron's return to thank for switching uniforms. This Hawks set can be timeless.  They can keep experimenting with the City uniforms for any other new designs. In other words,  this set has far, far more staying power than the last set did.Edc_IjHWsAUox_8?format=jpg&name=medium

38 minutes ago, Discogod said:

The Hawks finally look like the Hawks again. 

Reminds me of the various sets used from 1974 - 1982, particularly the '78-'82 unis. I like it. spacer.png

Exactly what I came to say. Simple jersey with nice color balance that finally fits their traditional identity.   Black alternate is more jarring but interesting...good use of the 3rd jersey.  I bet there are Dominique city editions brewing.

Wordmark seems funny. ATLANTA in all caps somehow looks misspelled or like random letters.

Overall A-  .  Huge upgrade over anything in the past 25 years.

1 hour ago, ScubaSteve said:

Do people really think McDonald's owns Red/Yellow that much? I don't even remember the last time i even ate something from there

I think it's just a description. I don't like the dense yellow, but love the thin yellow trim.  McDonald's is just a way of describing that aesthetician, it's not really about McDonald's.

3 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

I can’t believe the Hawks beat the Rockets to return to red and yellow. 

Somehow to me the looks are unrelated.  Hawks are a little yellow, Rockets even less except for the old logo.  Totally different balance in my mind.

4 minutes ago, chakfu said:

Somehow to me the looks are unrelated.  Hawks are a little yellow, Rockets even less except for the old logo.  Totally different balance in my mind.

s-l400.jpg

Derrick-Chievous.jpg?id=ce45e0f4-e57f-48

Agreed. Even side by side, they're similar in broad strokes, but distinctive enough to not be the same.

EDIT:

Here's what they looked like playing each other:

basketball-houston-rockets-hakeem-olajuw

hakeem-olajuwon-of-the-houston-rockets-b

and lol:

dikembe-mutombo-boxes-out-against-hakeem

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I’ve gotta be honest, I’m one of the people that liked the volt... As @the admiral said it was modern and dynamic in a way that felt befitting to Atlanta, especially on that first City jersey. The triangle pattern might have been a bit overdone, but the color scheme and the fonts I really enjoyed in general.

Despite that, I will say that this is a nice looking set, even if it goes in the complete opposite aesthetic direction. The basic template of it would be a nice set for the Rockets, I think, and I am also surprised the Hawks beat them to the punch with red & yellow. I am glad at least one team has the color scheme now though, as beyond the NFL I’d say it’s quite underused. 

My favorite part of the set is the unique striping pattern, for sure. Like @SFGiants58 I would have maybe liked to see the old font stay, though I can see how that wouldn’t help to complete the “throwback” look of this set. I’d also like to see the white & yellow flip on the red jersey, so as to not be as sore on the eyes. Overall though, I think this is about as good as a red & yellow set could have turned out for the Hawks.

Looks fine enough, the template is a bit basic but I do like the return to red and yellow. Reading the article on the mothership says that both black and gray are official colors, but I can't find a use for gray on these jerseys or the new logos. Anyone who where it's used?

As an aside, my preferred scheme for the Hawks, completely disregarding the history with red and yellow, is actually powder blue, red, and gray. I think it's an awesome scheme that off the top of my head no professional team uses and would lend itself to some fun designs.

the user formerly known as cdclt

When I first saw the black uniform I assumed it was one of the endless alternate uniforms that the league seems to have.

Now that I see the actual set, these are great.  For a team that, in my opinion, doesn't have an overly great uniform history this may be among one of their best sets ever.  It looks very clean to me.  Nice side stripes.  The drop shadow isn't perfect, especially with some white/yellow clashing, but overall this is a clean set.  

With the drop shadow and clean 80's esque look, I'm getting kind of a Sixers vibe from these.  

90758391980.gif

The home is the star of the set. The away is fine, but the yellow outlines make the wordmark and numbers somewhat hard to read. The black is a lot better than I thought it would be now that we know there’s yellow in the side panels. Overall I’d still prefer a more modern/unique look for the Hawks, but this looks pretty good for what it is.

ExJworW.png

Archived