Brave-Bird 08's NFL (4/32, HOU added)

Brave-Bird 08

Now that I'm back in #FunEmployment I've got some time on my hands, so dusting off the graphic design dust. (You can also follow my concepts on Twitter)

Pittsburgh Steelers 

The goals were to bolden the primary logo (thin keylines, small text resolved) and explore including red and blue in the uniform.

EdTsK1cXgAcwZPl?format=png&name=small

I created four primary uniform options, so looking for feedback.

Option A: In the current uniforms the sleeve design has kind of run its course (it doesn't fit on sleeve caps), so the universal striping is simplified. Added grey and chest wordmark.

EdTtDmQXgAA7WtL?format=png&name=medium

Option B: Another more traditional, simple look. To incorporate the colors, I ran a traditional sock pattern through all of the logo colors.

EdTtUwzWkAEl8GR?format=png&name=medium

Option 😄 This one is out there. A complete modernization, with a chrome facemask and some sleek sleeve and pant striping.

EdTtfA9XsAEXwx5?format=png&name=medium

Option 😧 To try something in the other direction, instead of adding colors I removed the red and blue and with went the traditional black and gold + shades of grey to tie in the nickname. (P.S. font is called Gunplay and is free for use)

EdTtvEeWsAIY08H?format=png&name=medium

Steelers (Cont.)

Concept B: Went wild with truncated slashes in the sleeves and pants, grey here and there and a grey chrome facemask. This is the more modern iteration, as well as the original concept I had sketched. It's different!

ImageImage

ImageImage

Let me know which version you like more!

Indianapolis Colts 

It's all in the details here. The Colts have looked essentially the same since '56 in Baltimore. Subtle grey is nod to uni when they moved. Sewn "INDIANAPOLIS" patch, stripes turned to look like racing stripes, extra facemasks for alternates.

EdY45IhWAAE7bup?format=png&name=mediumImage

ImageImage

Concept A for the Steelers is slick, I love the use of the socks to include color. 

I also really like the way that the Colts' striping subtly references the Indianapolis flag, that's super smart.

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Sebastianm said:

Nice look, but Houston should get a different name.

Haha I hear that over and over. Thanks Tennessee! But, honestly there's such a history with the Texans name in the NFL and professional football that I think it has a place despite sounding super generic. I think their brand is one of the best in the league and I had a ton of fun tinkering with it with the concept. 

Just now, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Haha I hear that over and over. Thanks Tennessee! But, honestly there's such a history with the Texans name in the NFL and professional football that I think it has a place despite sounding super generic. I think their brand is one of the best in the league and I had a ton of fun tinkering with it with the concept. 

This is a boring name, but you're right, the Chiefs were used to be called the Dallas Texans, and the Houston should be called the Explorers, still sticking to the 60's theme for Houston.

Your designs for the Colts and Texans are nice, but imo they both already have some of the leagues best uniforms. These changes seem a bit unnecessary and too out there for either team. The Panthers one is a bit over the top for my liking as well. But like I said, in a vacuum these are well designed. The way you integrated the horn and Texas flag into Houston's design is nice and interesting. Reminds me a bit of Seattle but in a good way. Indianapolis has a good incorporation of the city flag, that's something I never would've thought of, but it works well. The shoulder striping is definitely interesting and works surprisingly well, although tv numbers are practically impossible. I would remove the patch however, it seems pointless. Carolina has way too much going on. Drop the helmet gradient and swap the alt logo for the primary. The rest of the uniform is ok, although I'd remove the iridescent on the silver numbers and turn the pants striping and extend it so that claw marks come down the side of the leg. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

24 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Bump for comments, a little dry over here. Want to get some feedback before moving on to the next batch. Thanks in advance!

Same deal over in my thread.

I think my favorite so far is Pittsburgh. You did to their pants what Tennessee should’ve done to theirs IRL.

Least favorite is probably Carolina. It just feels off. A little bit too gimmicky with everything. I’d say tone it down and do more traditional striping.

Overall I’d say 9/10 so far on the project!

Really feeling this look for the Texans the more I look at it. Would love to see a red alt uniform and some navy pants as well. 

I think you could incorporate some of your flag striping on the socks. I like the white helmet and the pants striping a lot. The Jersey is a creative take on the bull horns, which are a little loud but definitely fun. Good work! I like the Colts and Steelers too, as a concept.

Archived