OHL Redesign (14/20; Flint uniforms added June 13)

jwinters

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Using the '90s pistons as inspiration is a good idea! I'll have to think about the 'FF' logo again with that in mind.

I haven't (yet) seen Semi-Pro, so I forgot about the Tropics, but they would be great fuel for an alternate!

I reworked my bird logo to be more anatomically correct, have a thicker outline, and use a darker grey, and I believe it is an upgrade, but I'd still appreciate any feedback on this iteration! The other logos are updated to match.

k8KizLd.png

0dNmlkE.png

aKwAkC7.png

@Karnage84 had an interesting idea in using traditional Pontiac Firebird colours. Here are a few different colour options:

D2qWuB9.png

Left-right, top-bottom, they are:

• The colour scheme I came up with
  • Pontiac Firebird gold on black. This could make for a cool BFBS alternate, but I don't like it as a primary.
  • Pontiac Firebird black/gold on red. I like this better than the black background, but it doesn't remind me of the car as much. Also, Owen Sound will be gold/red/black, so the orange/grey would still be more unique.
  • The current Flint Firebirds colours, but rearranged to avoid the generic navy base.

Let me know what you think!

17 hours ago, jwinters said:

Using the '90s pistons as inspiration is a good idea! I'll have to think about the 'FF' logo again with that in mind.

I haven't (yet) seen Semi-Pro, so I forgot about the Tropics, but they would be great fuel for an alternate!

I reworked my bird logo to be more anatomically correct, have a thicker outline, and use a darker grey, and I believe it is an upgrade, but I'd still appreciate any feedback on this iteration! The other logos are updated to match.

k8KizLd.png

0dNmlkE.png

aKwAkC7.png

@Karnage84 had an interesting idea in using traditional Pontiac Firebird colours. Here are a few different colour options:

D2qWuB9.png

Left-right, top-bottom, they are:

• The colour scheme I came up with
  • Pontiac Firebird gold on black. This could make for a cool BFBS alternate, but I don't like it as a primary.
  • Pontiac Firebird black/gold on red. I like this better than the black background, but it doesn't remind me of the car as much. Also, Owen Sound will be gold/red/black, so the orange/grey would still be more unique.
  • The current Flint Firebirds colours, but rearranged to avoid the generic navy base.

Let me know what you think!

I had been thinking of just straight 'OVO' style old gold on black (home) and black on old gold (away). This way if you went a "bottom left" type of colour scheme for Owen Sound, it would differentiate the two teams. Removing white in the jersey design would be reminiscent of the Senator's new-ish re-design. It also is a direct call back to the car. 

The flame on that gear should match the lines (in my opinion) of the birds wings. 

Just now, Karnage84 said:

I had been thinking of just straight 'OVO' style old gold on black (home) and black on old gold (away). This way if you went a "bottom left" type of colour scheme for Owen Sound, it would differentiate the two teams. Removing white in the jersey design would be reminiscent of the Senator's new-ish re-design. It also is a direct call back to the car. 

The flame on that gear should match the lines (in my opinion) of the birds wings. 

Also.. you have to stop working on this until you've seen 'Semi-Pro', you jive turkey. 

Definitely a big improvement with your update for the Firebirds! I think the tail could be a bit shorter, maybe use a couple distinct tail feathers, and not curve smoothly into the wing, but you've made a lot of good changes. I like the fire breath and new head a lot.

Any of the color schemes would be fine, but I'm partial to the orange ones, with your new orange/gray color scheme slightly beating out the original orange/blue.

I don't really know why but that Flint logo reminds of a logo for anti-virus software. I think the biggest thing for it is that it's a very static logo even though parts of it imply movement? I really am not expressing myself well here but I hope that's vaguely helpful.

• 4 weeks later...

I updated the bird's tail, like @vtgco suggested, here it is:

T5jdv58.png

@Point1 I think I know what you mean about it feeling static, but I'm not sure how to fix it. To some degree it is supposed to be heraldic, like the Pontiac Firebird logo.

Here's my first shot at uniforms, including a black and gold one like @Karnage84 suggested. I think that makes a good alternate look. I'd like to do a Tropics alternate too, but I have to think more about how to execute it.

prezPD3.png

1Rd6pkN.png

KLBdFuJ.png

JRxUPaE.png

• jwinters changed the title to OHL Redesign (14/20; Flint uniforms added June 13)

Archived