2020 NFL Season

PittsburghSucks

Remember the Snatit also agreed to pay Ryan Tannehill $104M for four years, so there's that, too...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude was one of, if not the most successful coach that never won a Super Bowl.  I was a little young for his Cleveland teams, but I certainly remember his tough KC ones.

Is there any coach that with a better win% and no SB?  His teams were so good, but something would always happen in the playoffs.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Let's see, with Cleveland he ran into John Elway twice. Never usually ended well when you were up against Elway. At least if you were in the AFC. As for Kansas City, Montana got hurt in the AFC Championship game in 1993 and from there the Chiefs organization continued their then new fetish of getting other team's backup quarterbacks for the ensuing quarter century. Then Schottenheimer got the ingenious idea that Steve Bozo is totally going to be a Super Bowl-winning quarterback in 1995 and thus pisses away the effort of an all-time great defense. Oh sure, Lin Elliot to this day would get beaten to death if he stepped into KCI, but an offense that relied on a way past his prime Marcus Allen and the aforementioned Bozo was never going to work. 1997 was just running into John Elway. 

As for the Chargers? 2006 is just sad. Just, sad. Got 2006 mixed up with 2004. Thought he got fired for losing to the Jets. Which, on some level, would be understandable. They're the Jets. No, he got fired for losing to Tom Brady. :censored: you, Spanos. 

I forgot all about the Elvis Grbac and Steve Bono eras.  Steve Deberg was the QB I remember most there.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

Is there any coach that with a better win% and no SB? 

Looked it up and compared to Schotty's .613 win% in 327 games, Bud Grant ended at .620 in 259, and George Allen at .705 in 168. Nobody else above him comes close to even half as many games coached

On 2/3/2021 at 7:29 PM, BBTV said:

I forgot all about the Elvis Grbac and Steve Bono eras.  Steve Deberg was the QB I remember most there.

Yeah, we'd like to forget those guys too. And the dude named Brodie Croyle who we thought would be the next Len Dawson but turned out to be the next Bobby Hoying. At least Bobby Hoying won a game, though.

8 year old me played fantasy football with my Dad and his work buddies. I chose mostly Chiefs players and had Bobby Hoying as a QB. As luck would have it, I decided to sit him week 1 against the Seahwaks. Turned out to be a good decision considering he threw multiple picks and the Eagles got shutout. 

22 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

Hide contents

8 year old me played fantasy football with my Dad and his work buddies. I chose mostly Chiefs players and had Bobby Hoying as a QB. As luck would have it, I decided to sit him week 1 against the Seahwaks. Turned out to be a good decision considering he threw multiple picks and the Eagles got shutout. 

That was the year in college in western PA where we got exactly 1 Eagles game (when they played the Steelers) so I basically missed the entire Bobby Hoying era.  Ironically, the only game we got, he threw for 250, 2td/0int and the Eagles won.

Check out the Steelers black NOB!

Bobby-Hoying-Eagles-vs.-Steelers.jpg

Word on the street is that Carson Wentz could be traded any day now, and the Bears are the most likely team, with the Colts also in the mix.

7 minutes ago, AustinFromBoston said:

Are Eagles fans still convinced their team kept the right QB? 

You mean Wentz or Foles?  Absolutely, it was the right decision.  Nick Foles stinks.  He's lost starting jobs on the Eagles, Rams, Jaguars, and Bears, and barely saw the field on KC.  There was zero reason to predict that Wentz would devolve into the mess he became, and he had way more upside than Foles.  

Wentz has a real chance to be an excellent QB, it just has to be somewhere else.  It's over for him here, and that's on him as well as an organization that failed him by enabling his ego and coddling to his every whim, then drafting someone to make him look over his shoulder, right after he got done looking over his shoulder to see Foles.  The only question is whether Jalen Hurts can be a franchise QB, or if they need to try and find one somewhere.  I still don't get why they drafted him.

But is there an actual market for Wentz?

• To get Watson Houston and Philly would have to exchange rosters,
  • Chicago works, but would Wentz want to play with Fails Foles as his backup again?
  • Indy seems like the most logical fit, and the most likely. But while the Colts have the cap space, do they have a sufficent amount of draft capital/valuable players to appease Philly?
  • Carolina has the 8th pick, but does Wentz have a higher ceiling than say, Kyle Trask, Mac Jones, Trey Lance or Justin Fields?
  • New England's best weapon is a 34-year-old Julian Edelman, and Wentz is probably not the best fit for Belichick and McDaniels.
  • the Jets will probably land Watson, but if not, it's the same situation as Carolina.
  • Denver has been "evaluating" Drew Lock for almost a year now, but if he can't throw to the right team, why trade for a QB who can't either?
  • the Washington [insert team name] are better off with Smith and the living legend Taylor Heinicke(you saw him in the playoffs, right? #StarterMaterial)
  • San Francisco has better options than Wentz, and if they can't land Watson, Carr, or one of the inevitable future unsatified QB's, they should stick with Jimmy G. 

There are many that believe that Wentz still has a lot of upside (I'm one of them) but he's 28 and has an injury history.  If the Eagles can get a 1 for him, I'd be ecstatic (except that they'd just blow the pick.)  We know that the Bears are just dumb, so they're in play.  I'm sure Wentz doesn't want to see Foles ever again, but he just wants out of Philly so bad he'd take anything.  His old QB coach DeFilippo is there, which also makes it attractive.  Indy has Frank Reich and Press Taylor (another former Eagles coach) which makes them logical, but they're not dumb like the Bears.  So IDK.  Hopefully they can trick the Bears into bidding against themselves and get something good.

Archived