2020 NFL Season

PittsburghSucks

8 hours ago, B-Rich said:

Drew is frankly too old to be a starter in the NFL; his inability to accurately throw the long ball has led to him becoming a liability on offense.  He's been checking down all night; I don't think he completed a pass over 20 yards, or if he even attempted one.

That's been an issue for a few years now, but you'll never hear it discussed on ESPN, where there's a real desire to see the old guard of QBs still get as much love as possible.

In the last few years, Drew's arm has been dead by December. This year he seems to be getting an early start.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Brees I'm starting to be reminded of how Brett Favre, Peyton Manning, and a few others all went from great one season to very suddenly sad and bad the next season. Eventually your body just can't play with the kids anymore. Manning is the weird case because the Broncos dragged his dead corpse to a Super Bowl championship. That year's Peyton Manning might be the worst QB to ever win a Super Bowl. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

2 hours ago, Sport said:

With Brees I'm starting to be reminded of how Brett Favre, Peyton Manning, and a few others all went from great one season to very suddenly sad and bad the next season. Eventually your body just can't play with the kids anymore. Manning is the weird case because the Broncos dragged his dead corpse to a Super Bowl championship. That year's Peyton Manning might be the worst QB to ever win a Super Bowl. 

970c67da-08cc-4afe-8d3d-e229f9129a96.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, BBTV said:

970c67da-08cc-4afe-8d3d-e229f9129a96.jpg

Trent Dilfer could physically throw the ball more than 30 yards. I stand by what I said. 

edit: Here's stats

"In Super Bowl XXXV, Dilfer was 12 of 25 for 153 yards one touchdown and one fumble, which was recovered by the Ravens. That gave Dilfer a quarterback rating of 80.9.

In Super Bowl 50, Manning was 13 of 23 for 141 yards, threw no touchdowns and had one interception. He fumbled twice and lost one. That gave him a quarterback rating of 56.6."

PvO6ZWJ.png

If you had both of those guys on your roster at the same time (with their skills from the years they won their only/last SBs) and had to choose one for a big game, are you really taking 2000 Dilfer over 2015 Manning?

Ultimately it doesn't matter, but Mark Rypien, Doug Williams, Jeff Hostetler, Tom Brady, and Brad Johnson would also be on that list of guys that were carried to their SB wins.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

15 hours ago, BBTV said:

If you had both of those guys on your roster at the same time (with their skills from the years they won their only/last SBs) and had to choose one for a big game, are you really taking 2000 Dilfer over 2015 Manning?

Yes. I literally lost money on that super bowl because I watched the AFC championship game and marveled at how bad Manning was. He couldn’t physically move or throw a football. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

18 minutes ago, JayMac said:

Didn't the Dilfer-led Ravens offense not score a TD for multiple weeks in 2000? That is definitely consideration for the worst QB to ever win. Even the shell of Peyton Manning was able to throw a TD pass every once in a while.

But, that Ravens team in 2000 had a defense that was nigh unstoppable. That more then made up for the lack of offense at times..

58 minutes ago, JayMac said:

Didn't the Dilfer-led Ravens offense not score a TD for multiple weeks in 2000? That is definitely consideration for the worst QB to ever win. Even the shell of Peyton Manning was able to throw a TD pass every once in a while.

I believe it was 5 weeks in a row and they still won 2 games. Also, IIRC, Tony Banks was the starter during that stretch of the season and was benched when the Ravens were 5-4. Dilfer didn't lose a game for the rest of the year. 

They don't bench Banks and that 2000 Ravens team is like The Grits Blitz. A nice bit of trivia but ultimately wouldn't go anywhere.

On 9/21/2020 at 11:50 AM, JayMac said:

Not even one vote, according to the Sunday Night Football crew, which is even more surprising. 

Not really, as each voter only gets one vote to cast for the MVP. You don't vote for 3-2-1 like in many awards, it's simply 'pick one'. When have either Brees or Wilson been objectively better than the player who won the award in a given year?

If it matters for his opinion, Peter King said essentially the same thing in his Monday Morning Quarterback ariticle this week.

It's where I sit.

End of 2015 Peyton Manning was that bad. Not younger rocket arm game general Peyton Manning, not one of the best QBs ever Peyton Manning,, not the rest of his career Peyton Manning, 2015 Peyton Manning is the worst QB to ever win a Super Bowl. He wasn't just "the shell of Peyton Manning", he was a complete liability for the Broncos and they had to scheme the offense around his inability to move or throw. If he wasn't PEYTON MANNING in what everyone knew was his last game ever then Brock Osweiler* would've started that Super Bowl. It's amazing that they won the game. 

*if he had then HE would've been the worst QB to start and win a Super Bowl. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, LMU said:

#ThatsSoChargers

First you screw up getting a stadium in San Diego for 15 years, then you move into a soccer stadium that is filled by opposing fans most of the time, then the Raiders move to Vegas and you wind up the 3rd most popular team in a 2-team market, then the new stadium you move into can't have any fans due to CA's COVID laws and now the doctor is taking medical tips from Pulp Fiction.

The absolute state of the team formerly known as the San Diego Chargers. 

2 hours ago, Red Comet said:

First you screw up getting a stadium in San Diego for 15 years, then you move into a soccer stadium that is filled by opposing fans most of the time, then the Raiders move to Vegas and you wind up the 3rd most popular team in a 2-team market, then the new stadium you move into can't have any fans due to CA's COVID laws and now the doctor is taking medical tips from Pulp Fiction.

They need contracted at this point.

2 hours ago, Red Comet said:

However, they won the off season uniform update game, and on this site, what else really matters?

Archived