2020 NFL Season

PittsburghSucks

That TB defense turned it up a level in the playoffs. Without question.

I'm just glad I didn't have to watch Brady destroy the Bills the way he did KC.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

One thing that I hope even the hot take artists in media will avoid the urge to do tomorrow and moving forward when looking back at this game is thinking "gee whiz Patrick, you could only get 9 points and zero touchdowns in the Super Bowl?". Mahomes was incredible tonight. He was let down by his defense and by his completely overmatched offensive line, not to mention those two could've-been touchdowns that he scrambled around and was somehow able to get the ball exactly where he needed to only to be dropped once they got there.

He was the least of their problems, and 9 points doesn't do him any justice. I will legitimately be angry if this gets overlooked in favor of absurdly simplistic and incorrect "analysis" because nobody who watched the game would arrive at any conclusion like that.

Hot take artists and avoiding something that assuredly generates loads of clicks? You have more hope than I. Guarantee there's a bunch of "Mahomes not good?????" takes by tomorrow evening.

1 hour ago, Olmec said:

Congrats to the Bucs. They earned that win by completely shutting down the chiefs high scoring offense. The chiefs defense showed themselves to be undisciplined and reckless. Also, mahomes is not that great. He's a perfectly serviceable qb but is no Tom Brady. The chiefs will fade back into obscurity, they are not dynasty material. 

This is a terrible take, imo. I agree the Chiefs likely won't have a dynasty, especially once Mahomes's extension kicks in since no team has ever won a SB with a QB at > 13% of the total cap and Mahomes will probably be well north of that.  But this isn't on Mahomes even a little bit. In fact, I think his greatness was evident just in how they almost scored a few times. 

The Bucs got pressure on 57% of Chiefs pass attempts in the first half despite blitzing only 9% of the time (over the entire game). No QB would have had a chance. They dropped guys in coverage and still abused KC's line.

IUe6Hvh.png

1 hour ago, Olmec said:

Also, mahomes is not that great. He's a perfectly serviceable qb but is no Tom Brady. 

That’s your takeaway from this game?

Mahomes is a great QB, not a serviceable one. He’s the best in our game currently. He made some absolutely ridiculous throws tonight that no QB in the league could even attempt let alone make. One of them would have been a top 5 throw of all-time and on highlight reels till the end of time had the receiver caught it (it hit him squarely in the face mask while in the endzone).

All tonight proved is that no QB, no matter their talent level, can survive with a porous offensive line giving up pressures on more than half his drop backs. No one.

The real story of the game was that KC allowed the most pressures in Super Bowl history and TB allowed the fewest. We give far too much credit to QB’s for wins and blame them far too much for losses IMO. If that stat was reversed, we’d be talking about how great Mahomes is and how old Brady looked. 

OnWis was right earlier when he said the game was over early in the game because of KC’s o-line. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

1 hour ago, Rockstar Matt said:

That’s your takeaway from this game?

Mahomes is a great QB, not a serviceable one. He’s the best in our game currently. He made some absolutely ridiculous throws tonight that no QB in the league could even attempt let alone make. One of them would have been a top 5 throw of all-time and on highlight reels till the end of time had the receiver caught it (it hit him squarely in the face mask while in the endzone).

Yeah, that seems to have been a forgotten play but here it is...

That's not a "serviceable QB".  That's a throw that there's a very short list of QBs that have ever played could expect to make.  Frankly, I'm not sure that list isn't just Patrick Mahomes.  That's an all-time great play that just gets thrown into the dustbin of history as an incomplete pass.

And for fun...

IUe6Hvh.png

Lightning win the Cup, Rays win the pennant, Bucs win the Super Bowl. I know the Raptors are calling Tampa home right now and are not technically Tampas team but if they get their act together and win the NBA this season...🤷‍♂️

The Chiefs just looked awful. The defense killed any chance with penalties and apparently the Chiefs borrowed the Bengals O-line as Mahomes was scrambling all night.

Diet Bruno Mars was the worst halftime show since Up With People

Overall, despite the Bucs having Tom Brady, its nice to see a team that normally sucks win the Super Bowl.

Signature intentionally left blank

13 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Incorrect.

dd5ff8b1-8625-408b-b58e-5eccff87957d-GTY

Nothing will be this terrible.

Oh come on now.  You didn't love this...?

Ugh... yeah, you're right... that's terrible.  For what it's worth, I liked halftime this year.  It had to have been better than what we had in the early 2000's when it was, like, Phil Collins, Enrique Iglesias and Christina Aguilera or Aerosmith and N'Sync.

IUe6Hvh.png

2 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

That TB defense turned it up a level in the playoffs. Without question.

I'm just glad I didn't have to watch Brady destroy the Bills the way he did KC.

Lol I was thinking the same thing. Watching KC lose was lame but the Bills getting trounced like that would have been downright depressing

1 hour ago, See Red said:

Ugh... yeah, you're right... that's terrible.  For what it's worth, I liked halftime this year.  It had to have been better than what we had in the early 2000's when it was, like, Phil Collins, Enrique Iglesias and Christina Aguilera or Aerosmith and N'Sync.

I liked the halftime show as well. It was not some all-time "memorable" act, but I dig the set up off the stage being at the end of the stadium. It gave the show a different feel. 

My only gripe is the vocals were too soft.

I saw, I came, I left.

6 hours ago, See Red said:

Yeah, that seems to have been a forgotten play but here it is...

That's not a "serviceable QB".  That's a throw that there's a very short list of QBs that have ever played could expect to make.  Frankly, I'm not sure that list isn't just Patrick Mahomes.  That's an all-time great play that just gets thrown into the dustbin of history as an incomplete pass.

And for fun...

Also this one:

35 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

So the two Bucs Super Bowl championships came in 2002 and 2020, the two years that have two 2's and two 0's. 

😯😯😯

Who knows if they'll ever win another one.

In 2200? That's going to be a long wait.... 

49 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

Also this one:

That's the one I remember, He is almost parallel to the ground when he threw that. That was like a third baseman  hurry type throw to first base.

I saw, I came, I left.

First off..... Go Bucs. I was 8 for the first title, and rooting for the literal worst Big 4 team in terms of win percentage has been a slog for my entire adult life. Last night kicked tremendous ass. Jeez, the last 9 weeks or so did. That was a fun run.

I saw a stat on twitter that Mahomes ran 498 yards total. I don't buy into the QB vs QB hype that we get every year, because football is such a team sport. But the second half felt like Mahomes playing the Bucs. The Chiefs had more drops in the first half (5) than Mahomes had completions (4). That's not even accounting for the lacrosse style diving throw off the helmet, or the one that hit the back pylon that probably could have been caught if he wasn't held slightly (though that may be generous because I believe that got tipped by a defender too). Eric Fisher being out wasn't talked enough leading into the game in my opinion, and turns out that ended up being the deciding factor. It was like a turnstile to the backfield, and credit to Pat who only got sacked like 2 or 3 times. Kid is a stud, just wasn't his night.

I've become such a big fan of Devin White over the last few weeks, and I'm glad that everyone got to see how tough these guys were. Oh and the Winfield deuce to Hill absolutely rules.

IMO, Tom Brady has cemented himself as the greatest to ever play and win his sport. There were arguments to be made for Montana and Manning but that's moot at this point. This puts him in the same company as Jordan and Gretzky. I don't think baseball has a "GOAT" yet, definitely a distinguished number of guys who are/were great during their time or a period of time but not ALL-TIME. That distinction is reserved for Brady, Jordan, and Gretzky.

Archived