2020 NFL Season

PittsburghSucks

3 hours ago, Olmec said:

IMO, Tom Brady has cemented himself as the greatest to ever play and win his sport. There were arguments to be made for Montana and Manning but that's moot at this point. This puts him in the same company as Jordan and Gretzky. I don't think baseball has a "GOAT" yet, definitely a distinguished number of guys who are/were great during their time or a period of time but not ALL-TIME. That distinction is reserved for Brady, Jordan, and Gretzky.

I say Brady cemented himself as an enabled cheater and liar. Period.

I'm still amazed at what happened yesterday and am basking in the nice afterglow of having a team I like win a title. I remember having folks mention to me Brady signed with Tampa and I went in with a total "see what happens" attitude. When they went 6-2, I was like, "Wow, they're pretty solid. Maybe they can get to the NFC Title Game." But in no way or form was I remotely confident against the Packers or Chiefs. I know some fans will want to argue about the four penalties Kansas City had on that drive before the Brown TD, but being held out of the endzone entirely makes me think the Bucs were just a tad bit better than what some football fans would give them credit for. 

The only thing I can nitpick about at a time like this is I wish they had the old flag instead of the new one. It was vintage, timeless and wonderful and they threw it to the side. For shame. 

48 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Black Eyed Peas was utterly abysmal, though. It was one of the critical blows that lead to band’s big hiatus for most of the 2010s.

Remember Coldplay at SB50? The announcement was so poorly received they had to add Beyoncé & Bruno Mars to make the performance remotely any good.

6 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Remember Coldplay at SB50? The announcement was so poorly received they had to add Beyoncé & Bruno Mars to make the performance remotely any good.

Then there was the time that Maroon 5 blue-balled everybody with the "Sweet Victory" insertion.

The halftime show was.. okay. Granted, I have no knowledge at all of the guy performing at all and I spent the rest of it wondering why his dancers looked like they had underwear on their heads like they were going to a Florida Man party after the show.

As for the game itself: What a stark contrast to what Kansas City did to Tampa on Thanksgiving weekend, when Mahomes and Hill literally ran the Buccaneer secondary out of the stadium in the 1st quarter. Tampa made a game out of it in the end, but what Kansas City did in the first quarter set the tone for the game and gave Tampa Bay a blueprint as to how they could stop the Chiefs if they met again.

Lo and behold, the Buccaneers had their blueprint ready to go in the Super Bowl and it worked - Hill torched them for 13 catches for 269 yards and 3 scores. In the Super Bowl? 7 catches for 73 yards. Whatever that blueprint was worked to damn near perfection.

It also didn't help that the Chiefs were shorthanded on the offensive line and had so many penalty issues. It was just a total and complete off game for them, which is weird as hell.

On the other side... what else can you say about Tom Brady that hasn't been said yet? I personally think he found the fabled Fountain of Youth after that loss to Kansas City..

9 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Then there was the time that Maroon 5 blue-balled everybody with the "Sweet Victory" insertion.

These many years later and I have no idea what any of that was about.

My favorite Super Bowl halftime era show was the overcorrection to JT exposing Janet Jackson leading to 70 year olds white dudes for like five years.

I also remember everyone being super excited MIA was going to do the Super Bowl, but no one phoned in on principle and game faster and harder than MIA.

2 hours ago, Sport said:

I'm sure you're familiar with what happened with Eugene Robinson and the Broncos the year before too. I wonder if he ever lays in bed at night and thinks "ELWAY". 

I have absolutely no recollection of what you are referencing 🙂

I tried explaining this to my 19 year old son last night. In my opinion, it's easier to lose earlier in the playoffs than later. He agreed, saying how GLAD he was that he wasn't watching the Packers last night - he probably couldn't have eaten all day. If I haven't mentioned it before, he has the worst of me in his fandom 🙂

5 hours ago, DEAD! said:

That's the one I remember, He is almost parallel to the ground when he threw that. That was like a third baseman  hurry type throw to first base.

dm_210207_PATRICK_MAHOMES_NEAR_TD_WHILE_

Mahomes could've had two of the greatest plays in Super Bowl history -- if not league history for this particular one -- and instead they're just drops.  Wish the game was close so Mahomes would get more credit for his effort. 

3 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Coldplay > Beyonce

"Lost!" is a song no one thinks much about and it's still more anthemic and emotionally affective than any buy-me-shiny-things song

3 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

These many years later and I have no idea what any of that was about.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/spongebob-fans-upset-maroon-5-sweet-victory-super-bowl-halftime-show/9zakqi9bvgo91821vn7j4m9x5

SpongeBob didmake an appearance, but it was very brief and "Sweet Victory" wasn't played — something fans petitioned for as a tribute to the late Stephen Hillenburg. Instead, there was a new animation at the beginning with Squidward (whose voice actor confirmed he'd be involved) followed by the old animation of the trumpets blowing, introducing the song.

The short video introduced Travis Scott performing "Sicko Mode" and, just like that ... SpongeBob was gone.

Since the animation from "Sweet Victory" was actually used, Maroon 5 sort of lived up to fan expectations. But it wasn't what many were hoping for, which was an actual performance of "Sweet Victory." Those fans let their voices heard on social media afterwards.

That's what it was about.

The Dallas Stars then followed it up by playing the full "Sweet Victory" song for a video they did, because of course the Stars would do it.

Edited by SFGiants58

4 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

During one of the many Paramount+ commercials, they showed the Bubble Bowl and began playing the “Sweet Victory”. They’re toying with us at this point. They know we want it.

3 hours ago, DnBronc said:

Yes. He just had another SB handed to him by the NFL: https://superfraud.blogspot.com/2021/02/day-332-part-two-st00pid-bowl-lv-night.html

https://yourteamcheats.com/DEN

Well, the blogspot article must obviously be right. Certainly it has a great deal of credibility! 😉

Get out of here with that crap.

Edited by SFGiants58

Is the Weeknd famous because of his cameo in Uncut Gems, now? I thought he was too artsy, vulgar, and second-tier popstar to headline the halftime show, especially with no guests. Thought he was a great choice and perfect for a covid-adapted halftime show, though. As I stated in another thread, I don't think we'll top a Siouxie sample slipping through at an NFL game.

On 2/8/2021 at 11:13 AM, Seadragon76 said:

The halftime show was.. okay. Granted, I have no knowledge at all of the guy performing at all and I spent the rest of it wondering why his dancers looked like they had underwear on their heads like they were going to a Florida Man party after the show.

As for the game itself: What a stark contrast to what Kansas City did to Tampa on Thanksgiving weekend, when Mahomes and Hill literally ran the Buccaneer secondary out of the stadium in the 1st quarter. Tampa made a game out of it in the end, but what Kansas City did in the first quarter set the tone for the game and gave Tampa Bay a blueprint as to how they could stop the Chiefs if they met again.

Lo and behold, the Buccaneers had their blueprint ready to go in the Super Bowl and it worked - Hill torched them for 13 catches for 269 yards and 3 scores. In the Super Bowl? 7 catches for 73 yards. Whatever that blueprint was worked to damn near perfection.

It also didn't help that the Chiefs were shorthanded on the offensive line and had so many penalty issues. It was just a total and complete off game for them, which is weird as hell.

On the other side... what else can you say about Tom Brady that hasn't been said yet? I personally think he found the fabled Fountain of Youth after that loss to Kansas City..

I was saying before the game that Tampa getting their asses kicked in week 12 by these guys is the best thing that could’ve happened. They knew the weapons KC had, and decided to play conservatively.

They realized after getting bent over in the first quarter that doing that was NOT going to work, so they adjusted and they kinda won the rest of that game. I think despite the disaster of a first quarter, they still only lost by three. They learned a LOT from that game, and they applied it brilliantly on Sunday. 

I really can’t get over how good the defense was. I was scared of them all season long, yet they rounded into form at the perfect time. I was PRAYING that they would come out firing vs KC because I just had a feeling it could work. They played pretty much PERFECTLY and it paid off. 

That was by far their best game of the season, and one of my favorite Bucs games of all damn time (obviously). 

:censored: yeah. They did it. Fire them  mother:censored:in cannons.  

6 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

https://yourteamcheats.com/DEN

Well, the blogspot article must obviously be right. Certainly it has a great deal of credibility! 😉

Get out of here with that crap.

So, boxing has been fixed from time immemorial, but you are saying that the NFL can't be fixed (and players can't be told to take a dive)?

6 minutes ago, DnBronc said:

So, boxing has been fixed from time immemorial, but you are saying that the NFL can't be fixed (and players can't be told to take a dive)?

Boxing is a few guys, while football is 50 guys, a entire coaching staff, front office personnel, refs, etc. That's too many people and way too many moving parts for it to work. At the very least, somebody would've ratted by now. I can get behind refs having a bias, yes, but outright fixing? That's just too much to be believable.

Let's use Occam's Razor here. The Bucs win because there's a big fix in the NFL going on, one with many moving parts, that only a blogspot page is willing to report on; or the Chiefs' O-line crapped out and the Bucs' defense played really well. I'll go with the latter every time, because it contains the fewest argumentative assumptions.

12 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Boxing is a few guys, while football is 50 guys, a entire coaching staff, front office personnel, refs, etc. That's too many people and way too many moving parts for it to work. At the very least, somebody would've ratted by now. I can get behind refs having a bias, yes, but outright fixing? That's just too much to be believable.

Let's use Occam's Razor here. The Bucs win because there's a big fix in the NFL going on, one with many moving parts, that only a blogspot page is willing to report on; or the Chiefs' O-line crapped out and the Bucs' defense played really well. I'll go with the latter every time, because it contains the fewest argumentative assumptions.

Nixon couldn't keep a thing involving fewer people under wraps. The planned results of the truest form of art get spoiled for people who don't even watch art because they look at gambling sites.

1 hour ago, Digby said:

Is the Weeknd famous because of his cameo in Uncut Gems, now? I thought he was too artsy, vulgar, and second-tier popstar to headline the halftime show, especially with no guests.

I know who he is despite being elderly and knowing nothing of newer music. Whatever that means. I prefer it when I can watch wrasslin during halftime anyway.

I don't think there was any rigging involved, but it's so ridiculous that the Buccaneers limped along for years as a non-factor in the division, let alone league, then Tom Brady parachutes in and the team just cruises right past the 17-1 Chiefs to a Super Bowl win. Was Jameis Winston that bad? Where'd this defense come from? Weird.

• TBGKon locked this topic