2020 NFL Season

PittsburghSucks

12 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

*Seafoam green glasses. 😎

I honestly don’t even remember the drive anymore, but one kept the Hawks on the field on a 3rd down after Lewis sacked Russ and the other was the PI against Carr in the end zone. 

They were just bad calls, but not egregious or game-changing. 

OK - If they are the plays I'm thinking of, it's just your glasses. 😎

It's where I sit.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to the most boneheaded announcing duo that is Troy Aikman and Joe Buck, Russell Wilson has been “off” today.

Wilson’s Stats Today-

27/40

315 Pass. Yards

5 TD

0 INT

If that’s “off” for Wilson, I’d be amazed at what’s “on” for him.

This feels like shades of 2013 for the Cowboys.

Elite QB, with an elite offense, elite skill players, marred by a porous defense, poor special teams and poor coaching. 

Luckily the NFC East is the worst division in football, the Cowboys can win the division at 7-9/8-8 lmao.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

22 minutes ago, AustinFromBoston said:

Cowboys got what they hired with perennial underachiever Mike McCarthy. 

Seriously, only they could fire Jason Garret and replace him with someone that almost identical to him. 

After suffering through a decade of the Crimson Clapper. I'm honestly happy that a change was made. Yes, we'll eventually get tired of this schtick; but honestly ANYONE is better than Garrett right now.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Super glad the Panthers snuck out a win in LA, the defense was mostly bad but had some clutch turnovers that won us the game. Joe Brady needs to up his 3rd down playcalling and Bridgewater needs to go but I'm glad we got one. I'm more than ok with 1-15 as long as it's not 0-16.

the user formerly known as cdclt

3 hours ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

NFC East division winner is going 6-10/7-9. Calling it.

And honestly, no team from this dumpster fire of a division deserves it.

This division is the new joke of the NFL. The NFL's new punchline.

The Cowboys have no defense

The Eagles have no o-line

The Giants have no hope

Washington has no name

What a division

17 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

WTF was Doug Pedersen doing at the end in Philly? Settling for a 54 yd FG attempt by scrambling Wentz and running up the middle?

Bonus WTF was Zac Taylor doing taking timeout in that situation?

If I was Doug Pedersen I go for two at the end of the game 100 times out of 100 times when you're in that situation moving the ball at will against this rubbish Bengals defense. Your chances of converting there are probably 10 percentage points higher than your chances of winning in overtime. I thought he was like the ballsy coach who called the Philly Special. What happened to that guy? When they opted to go for the extra point I was happy. DON'T DO THE THING YOUR OPPONENT WANTS YOU TO DO. 

Then at the end of OT I watched two coaches look across the field and agree to tie. I've never seen anything like it. 20 something seconds left in OT, and Eagles were lining up for a 59 yard field goal, lineman false starts, and Doug Pederson decides to punt on 4th and 12. I was like, "thanks?" Then the Bengals fair catch it with nobody around the returner and then run a handoff to Mixon. 

Amazing that the Bengals and Eagles who only play every four years have tied twice now. The other one being the famous game where Donovan McNabb learned that the NFL has ties. Also amazing that of the 10 ties in the NFL in the last 18 years the Bengals have been involved in 4 of them. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

2 hours ago, Sport said:

If I was Doug Pedersen I go for two at the end of the game 100 times out of 100 times when you're in that situation moving the ball at will against this rubbish Bengals defense. Your chances of converting there are probably 10 percentage points higher than your chances of winning in overtime. I thought he was like the ballsy coach who called the Philly Special. What happened to that guy? When they opted to go for the extra point I was happy. DON'T DO THE THING YOUR OPPONENT WANTS YOU TO DO. 

Then at the end of OT I watched two coaches look across the field and agree to tie. I've never seen anything like it. 20 something seconds left in OT, and Eagles were lining up for a 59 yard field goal, lineman false starts, and Doug Pederson decides to punt on 4th and 12. I was like, "thanks?" Then the Bengals fair catch it with nobody around the returner and then run a handoff to Mixon. 

Amazing that the Bengals and Eagles who only play every four years have tied twice now. The other one being the famous game where Donovan McNabb learned that the NFL has ties. Also amazing that of the 10 ties in the NFL in the last 18 years the Bengals have been involved in 4 of them. 

They weren't "moving the ball at will" though.  Teams only go for two in that situation if they're 1) a huge underdog and see that as their one-and-only chance to slay the giant, or 2) their season is over so screw it, why not?

The decision to punt at the end was unbelievable.  Playing for a tie when you're 0-2?  Granted, the offense sucked all day - both the QB and playcaller - but at least try.  Hell - even going for the 64-yard FG wouldn't have been the worst decision.  He certainly has the leg for it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

17 minutes ago, BBTV said:

The decision to punt at the end was unbelievable.  Playing for a tie when you're 0-2?  Granted, the offense sucked all day - both the QB and playcaller - but at least try.  Hell - even going for the 64-yard FG wouldn't have been the worst decision.  He certainly has the leg for it.

I was pretty shocked by that too. I'm sure they have someone who knows the percentages on kicking a long field goal vs going for it on 4th and however long that was. Decide which is higher and do that. Even if you fail at either, the Bengals would still have to make about 15 yards with very little time. Punting means you're actually working towards a tie.

14 minutes ago, BBTV said:

They weren't "moving the ball at will" though.  Teams only go for two in that situation if they're 1) a huge underdog and see that as their one-and-only chance to slay the giant, or 2) their season is over so screw it, why not?

Against that ass Bengals defense who was dead tired and couldn't stop Miles Sanders or Wentz running all day? I promise you they would've converted. The known equation is more controllable from the Eagles perspective at that juncture than opening it up to whatever unknown possible outcomes unfold in overtime. They ended up losing the toss so they went from having all control of the game to giving it back to the Bengals. It's not a good decision when a Bengals fan like me is glad that your coach elected to kick the PAT. 

If they don't get the two pointer then I will never hate my head coach for trying to win. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

https://www.kens5.com/article/sports/nfl/1800-south-park-characters-in-stands-broncos-bucs-game-sep-27/73-63274734-28d0-4e5e-a7d6-80ae4af0effc

Broncos had the entire town of South Park show up for their game and I think if this was a season with more fans allowed they'd still be able to get seats. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I was pretty shocked by that too. I'm sure they have someone who knows the percentages on kicking a long field goal vs going for it on 4th and however long that was. Decide which is higher and do that. Even if you fail at either, the Bengals would still have to make about 15 yards with very little time. Punting means you're actually working towards a tie.

Or just air it out and hope for a PI call.  Trying for a penalty is just as good these days as trying to actually make a play on merit.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

6 hours ago, Sport said:

Against that ass Bengals defense who was dead tired and couldn't stop Miles Sanders or Wentz running all day? I promise you they would've converted. The known equation is more controllable from the Eagles perspective at that juncture than opening it up to whatever unknown possible outcomes unfold in overtime. They ended up losing the toss so they went from having all control of the game to giving it back to the Bengals. It's not a good decision when a Bengals fan like me is glad that your coach elected to kick the PAT. 

If they don't get the two pointer then I will never hate my head coach for trying to win. 

Ok, but....

They clearly didn't move the ball at will in OT, or it wouldn't have ended in a tie.

It's where I sit.

Archived