2020 NFL Season

PittsburghSucks

This really sucks for the Steelers: the Titans game is likely to be scheduled right before their bout with the Ravens (in Baltimore no less), but I figured it'd come to this. Hopefully there'll be no more positives on the Titans end.

NSFCvyu.png

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/27/2020 at 5:29 PM, goalieboy82 said:

Springfield is in Massachusetts. Maybe the Patriots will do The Simpsons next...

It's nice to see teams have fun with the cardboard cutouts.

What is going on with this man-eating carpet at the Meadowlands? Just go back to regular grass, geez.

Also, I had the game on the radio for a while because I was bored and if you think Thursday Night Football on television is sad, Westwood One's presentation is even worse. It's Ian Eagle and some factory-default meathead who sounds like he suffered brain damage, I think the only sponsor they have is Barbasol. It seemed like all the Jets did was lose yardage on plays or take penalties, and the Broncos were able to win with some distant Rypien off the street. Ghastly.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, there should be no Thursday games that don't come off teams' bye weeks, so in other words, only four or five of them before the tripheader on Thanksgiving. They're bad, guys! Real bad! We don't need them!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

9 minutes ago, the admiral said:

What is going on with this man-eating carpet at the Meadowlands? Just go back to regular grass, geez.

The old Meadowlands did actually have natural grass for a few years in the early 2000s. Video of the most important game played on said natural grass. Seems like no matter what, they can't have a nice playing surface.

It's great for the league that both New York and Chicago have unplayable surfaces for their teams. Money well spent all around. I'd expect this from the St. Louis Rams. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

12 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

Springfield is in Massachusetts. Maybe the Patriots will do The Simpsons next...

There's a Springfield basically everywhere in the US. The capital of Illinois is Springfield, so maybe the Bears should go for it. There's a semi-significant Springfield in Missouri, so the Chiefs should claim the Simpsons. Springfield is to city names what Smith is to surnames.

The Broncos suck and that bums me out. They feel totally hopeless, and they felt that way before everybody's bodies were mangled. On the bright side, they might continue their run of never getting the number one overall pick because the Jets have decided to be a parody of themselves.

As much as I love Football Deity John Elway, I'm not sure he should ever have a choice at picking a quarterback in the draft ever again. Maybe it's unfair to totally sour on Drew Lock already, but I never believed in him in the first place, and Elway also drafted Osweiler and Lynch for that spot

10 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

The Simpsons are from Kentucky.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

9 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

These sadsack Thursday night games are all that much worse during quarantine.

I was kind of hoping COVID-19 would somehow force the end of these Thursday night games. Silly me. They will go on forever.

Per this story: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30029628/sources-new-england-patriots-qb-cam-newton-tests-positive-covid-19

Money quote: "'Late last night, we received notice that a Patriots player tested positive for COVID-19. The player immediately entered self-quarantine,' the Patriots said in a statement Saturday. 'Several additional players, coaches and staff who have been in close contact with the player received point of care tests this morning and all were negative for COVID-19.'"

So, the good news is its just Cam Newton. The bad news (or good news if you're me) is that Brian Hoyer will likely be the starter.

Archived