2020 NFL Season

PittsburghSucks

On 10/4/2020 at 12:37 PM, JWhiz96 said:

WTF is Washington doing with their end zones. Pink on burgundy without an outline...what on earth?

The typically do the Red***ns wordmark with pink replacing gold for the Crucial Cancer Catch. But since they aren't the Red***ns anymore, the just replace gold with pink on the football team wordmark, which looks incredibly stupid.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

The typically do the Red***ns wordmark with pink replacing gold for the Crucial Cancer Catch. But since they aren't the Red***ns anymore, the just replace gold with pink on the football team wordmark, which looks retarded.

Congrats on blanking out one slur, but slipping in another one.

7 minutes ago, DScruggy729 said:

It was an dull, dumb, foolish, futile, ill-advised, irrelevant, laughable, ludicrous, naive, senseless, shortsighted, simple, trivial, dummy, loser, rash, thick, unintelligent, brainless, dazed, deficient, dense, dim, doltish, dopey, gullible, half-baked, half-witted, idiotic, imbecilic, inane, indiscreet, insensate, meaningless, mindless, moronic, nonsensical, obtuse, out to lunch, pointless, puerile, simpleminded, slow, sluggish, stolid, stupefied, thick-headed, unthinking, witless choice by me to use the word, and by the Football Team to use pink.

On 10/9/2020 at 6:16 PM, DScruggy729 said:

A lot of those are considered offensive, too, because doctors used to use "idiot," "moron," and "imbecile" the way they used to use "retard." To some people, you're only allowed to use, like, "asshat" or something, because it's some Dr. Seuss-ass neologism that has no pseudoscientific valence. 

"R-word" makes me smile. I like to imagine there was some boardroom meeting where a guy was like "okay, we've had great success with the n-word and the c-word, I really think we should explore an extension of the letter-hyphen-word brand." It's being like a 3rd grader all over again.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

58 minutes ago, the admiral said:

A lot of those are considered offensive, too, because doctors used to use "idiot," "moron," and "imbecile" the way they used to use "retard." To some people, you're only allowed to use, like, "asshat" or something, because it's some Dr. Seuss-ass neologism that has no pseudoscientific valence. 

"R-word" makes me smile. I like to imagine there was some boardroom meeting where a guy was like "okay, we've had great success with the n-word and the c-word, I really think we should explore an extension of the letter-hyphen-word brand." It's being like a 3rd grader all over again.

It's the euphemism treadmill. I mean, calling someone retarded was once considered the PC term. I can't imagine what things will be like in 20 years but I would hazard a guess at saying whatever euphemism we use now will be considered on the same level as calling them retarded.

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

I get a chuckle out of redacted. A near homophone (more or less) of something that really should drop from our vocabulary  and it self censures. Although the context needs to be pretty explicit to be understood 

07Giants.pngnyy.png

After that little tiff, there's actual news..

Denver at New England moves from Monday night to Next Sunday

The plan is currently this:

-Broncos at Patriots would be next Sunday

-Chargers at Broncos would be on Week 8 (Denver's original bye week. The Chargers are playing Jacksonville that week, so this is in flux)

-Dolphins at Broncos would be on Week 11 (Miami's original bye week)

Can't they just make a Week 18 for these games?

44 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

It's the euphemism treadmill. I mean, calling someone retarded was once considered the PC term. I can't imagine what things will be like in 20 years but I would hazard a guess at saying whatever euphemism we use now will be considered on the same level as calling them retarded.

"special," "autistic," its 4channy noun form "autist"

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, Seadragon76 said:

After that little tiff, there's actual news..

Denver at New England moves from Monday night to Next Sunday

The plan is currently this:

-Broncos at Patriots would be next Sunday

-Chargers at Broncos would be on Week 8 (Denver's original bye week. The Chargers are playing Jacksonville that week, so this is in flux)

-Dolphins at Broncos would be on Week 11 (Miami's original bye week)

Can't they just make a Week 18 for these games?

I am beginning to think the Super Bowl will be played in March

I saw, I came, I left.

4 hours ago, DNAsports said:

There’s a growing likeliness that Washington will trade QB Dwayne Haskins by the deadline and have QB Alex Smith in line to start games this month.

In order to trade him, someone would have to want to trade FOR him.

It's where I sit.

3 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

In order to trade him, someone would have to want to trade FOR him.

I’d rather have him sit behind an experienced veteran and learn. He was forced into starting last year and hasn’t caught on. Pittsburgh would be a good spot. Maybe Tampa Bay?

I'm watching WTF/LAR and I'm confused about rules for QBs who don't give themselves up. WTF QB (Not Josh) Allen lowered his shoulder into defender Jalen Ramsey as he was running for a first down. Ramsey did the same, and popped Allen right in the head. 15-yard penalty against LA, but why? Allen initiated contact with his helmet, but Ramsey got a penalty for meeting him the same way.

Also, Alex Smith's half-leg is now QBing professional football again for some reason.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

16 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I'm watching WTF/LAR and I'm confused about rules for QBs who don't give themselves up. WTF QB (Not Josh) Allen lowered his shoulder into defender Jalen Ramsey as he was running for a first down. Ramsey did the same, and popped Allen right in the head. 15-yard penalty against LA, but why? Allen initiated contact with his helmet, but Ramsey got a penalty for meeting him the same way.

Also, Alex Smith's half-leg is now QBing professional football again for some reason.

I don’t think the rule states anything about QBs initiating contact. It just covers the fact of if any contact is made with the QBs helmet, regardless of who initiated it or how it was initiated, it results in a penalty. Just like when Aaron Donald was trying to move out of the way from hitting Allen earlier, but his forearm hit the QBs helmet and a penalty was called.

That seems dumb and it's also never been fairly called. Like, Josh Allen lowers his head for contact all the time and it's never called. Cam Newton has been knocked silly many times for no call.

Protecting the QB is good, but if you're running then you're open to be tackled the same way you're running into others. Or feels like it should be that way.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

9 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

That seems dumb and it's also never been fairly called. Like, Josh Allen lowers his head for contact all the time and it's never called. Cam Newton has been knocked silly many times for no call.

Protecting the QB is good, but if you're running then you're open to be tackled the same way you're running into others. Or feels like it should be that way.

The problem is that it's a rule to protect QBs from themselves but it absolutely fails because there's no incentive for QBs to not initiate contact as they'll get rewarded with 15 cheap yards.

VmWIn6B.png

I knew that team radio announcers weren't traveling with the team, but I didn't realize that they're just watching the same FOX broadcast that you and I are.  I'm listening to Eagles v Steelers, and there's times you can hear the FOX commercial in the background when there's a TV break without a radio one.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived