2020 NFL Season

PittsburghSucks

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Seadragon76 said:

After that little tiff, there's actual news..

Denver at New England moves from Monday night to Next Sunday

The plan is currently this:

-Broncos at Patriots would be next Sunday

-Chargers at Broncos would be on Week 8 (Denver's original bye week. The Chargers are playing Jacksonville that week, so this is in flux)

-Dolphins at Broncos would be on Week 11 (Miami's original bye week)

Can't they just make a Week 18 for these games?

at this point, would not making up games that have no impacted on the playoffs be better (and have a week 18 or even 19 if needed) be used for games that need to be made up.  

so long and thanks for all the fish.

3 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Oh, and the Falcons lost. Again.

At least the Falcons didn't blow a double digit lead this time...

Just now, goalieboy82 said:

at this point, would not making up games that have no impacted on the playoffs be better (and have a week 18 or even 19 if needed) be used for games that need to be made up. 

It's funny that you mentioned that, because the NFL now has done Musical Chairs for 8 teams.

I believe I just watched Dan Quinn get fired in real time. As funny as it is, he was the perfect coach for the Falcons - mediocre and not able to get the job done.

As for the Panthers, they've been playing very well this season. Our loses are to Vegas and Tampa, who are both very good teams, and we kept both of those games competitive. The coaching and specifically clock management has been great this year, much better than under Rivera. Given that this was supposed to be a "rebuilding" year, I'd say the Panthers have a very bright future.

the user formerly known as cdclt

3 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Jets lose 30-10 to the Cards, as well. Turns out Adam Gase is unable to stop DeAndre Hopkins.

How Gase still has a job is beyond me... I thought he would be the first guy out, not O'Brien.

1 hour ago, Ridleylash said:

Steelers-Eagles is a colossal :censored:show of Refball lmao

It really was - both ways.  The refs had been pretty good so far this year about not calling penalties that didn't really matter, but they were making big calls against each team today that were really baffling.  Fox wasn't even replaying most of them, including a potentially-phantom 15-yard facemask against PHL that lead to a PGH TD.  

I had the TV on but was listening to the radio so I don't know how the TV guys handled it, but the radio guys (who were watching the TV broadcast) were certainly frustrated about the lack of replays of big plays.

Of the 5 games so far this year, this was one was the most frustrating to watch from a broadcast and ref standpoint.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived