2020 NFL Season

PittsburghSucks

I’m sorry, but how in the world do people still believe that Carson Wentz is a better QB than Dak? Especially when it’s based off of 10 games he played 3.5 years ago?

I don’t understand it. 

This Cowboys defense is trash. The worst in the NFL. Basically, we’re the bounce back defense (meaning if your QB has been struggling, play Dallas and he’ll have his confidence back) and Wentz is still struggling. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flexible scheduling was made for a game like this -- to be flexed out.

The league seems to be top-heavy and bottom-heavy in equal measure this year. There's gonna be one decent AFC team that finishes eighth and then the less gifted employees on bee-guarding duty in ninth.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, gothedistance said:

The team's coaching staff is horrible. Management needs to learn their lesson about hiring accomplished or established head coaches instead of what they've been doing with the last 2 hires.

The team's ownership is horrible. This is who the Chargers are and who they'll always be as long as the Spanos family owns them: losers who find ways to lose. That's the culture they've built. A coaching change won't fix it, only selling the team to someone with a clue and moving back to San Diego will fix it.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

If the NFL didn't stupidly allow fans to games, it would be easy as pie to flex these games.

I'm not watching prime time NFC East games on principle, but they really needed to have moved this. Pitt/Baltimore was right there, and if not that, Chargers/Broncos, Buffalo/NE and NO/Chicago would have all been better choices.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

CBS would probably call no-takesies on a combined 11-1 Steelers-Ravens but Bills-Patriots would have been an appropriate choice: it's Northeast-friendly and could showcase the long-overdue change of the guard.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Remaining SNF games:

11/8/20 - New Orleans Saints vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers
11/15/20 - Baltimore Ravens vs New England Patriots
11/22/20 - Kansas City Chiefs vs Las Vegas Raiders
11/26/20 - Baltimore Ravens vs Pittsburgh Steelers
11/29/20 - Chicago Bears vs Green Bay Packers
12/6/20 - Denver Broncos vs Kansas City Chiefs
12/13/20 - Pittsburgh Steelers vs Buffalo Bills
12/20/20 - San Francisco 49ers vs Dallas Cowboys
12/27/20 - Tennessee Titans vs Green Bay Packers
1/03/21 - TBD vs TBD

On the plus side, all of these games are subject to flex. On the negative side, tonight's game was also subject to flex and here we are. I'm not convinced the world will still be spinning next weekend, so if there's one way to kill off "normalcy," it would be Dallas/Philly.

Of the above list, Ravens/Pats (swap with Colts/Titans from TNF!), Broncos/Chiefs (to Rams/Cardinals), and Niners/Cowboys (Bears/Vikings or Chiefs/Saints) should all be flexed. Of those, I bet only Niners/Cowboys will be.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, Rockstar Matt said:

I’m sorry, but how in the world do people still believe that Carson Wentz is a better QB than Dak? Especially when it’s based off of 10 games he played 3.5 years ago?

I don’t understand it. 

This Cowboys defense is trash. The worst in the NFL. Basically, we’re the bounce back defense (meaning if your QB has been struggling, play Dallas and he’ll have his confidence back) and Wentz is still struggling. 

he WAS head and shoulders better than Dak. Or at least one or the other. This year he’s sucked. Bad. Even the injuries can’t be used as excuses for the poor decisions he’s made.  Right now, if both were equally healthy, there’s no doubt Dak has the edge. 

he’s better than Dak right now, but only because Dak’s leg is jacked up. Wentz has as much talent as anyone - everywhere but between his ears. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, AustinFromBoston said:

I've always believed Eagles got lucky with Wentz's injury in 2017. 

They don't win the Super Bowl with him, like with Geoff, he would have been too inexperienced. 

Wents was the odds-on MVP before that injury. He was absurdly good.  This is really a terrible take. He’s awful now, but in 2017 he could do no wrong. He even scored a TD with a torn ACL. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Wents was the odds-on MVP before that injury. He was absurdly good.  This is really a terrible take. He’s awful now, but in 2017 he could do no wrong. He even scored a TD with a torn ACL. 

The regular season & playoffs are 2 entirely different beasts. 

Again, look how amazing Geoff was in 2018. Then Played like crap in the Super Bowl. 

Foles was the right QB at the right time. 

7 minutes ago, AustinFromBoston said:

The regular season & playoffs are 2 entirely different beasts. 

Again, look how amazing Geoff was in 2018. Then Played like crap in the Super Bowl. 

Foles was the right QB at the right time. 

nothing in foles career indicated that he’d have those two games. Hell - he almost lost the divisional game against Atlanta. 

if you’d choose foles over Wentz that year then you’re drunk. 

46 minutes ago, BBTV said:

nothing in foles career indicated that he’d have those two games. Hell - he almost lost the divisional game against Atlanta. 

if you’d choose foles over Wentz that year then you’re drunk. 

Well Foles won the Super Bowl so.....

I will say that overall Wentz is the better QB, but like Warner & Brady, Foles was simply the right QB at the right time.  

8 hours ago, masterchaoss said:

Goff's fine the Oline gave him literally no time at all today.

Might help if he was flippin mobile or the Rams could afford to keep experienced linemen or had a first round pick to draft a good lineman, but they can't because of the insane amount of resources invested in coddling and protecting West Coast Chase Daniel.

Every single one of turnovers he was being hit right away.

He's been doing this crap for years.  When is he going to learn to wrap up and take the sack?

I'd still have him over every QB not named Wilson or Rodgers at this point.

No.

It was a trap game going into the bye

Miami's shown plenty of signs of competence, not quite sure why the Rams shouldn't take them seriously and if the offense didn't that's an indictment of everyone there.

I'm not supriesed it, plus they would probably would have won this game if they don't give up an 87 year punt return TD.

Maybe, maybe not.  Ultimately this was an 11 point loss which means the Rams still need to find another TD somewhere.

This team will go on a deep playoff run and I'm gonna enjoy laughing at how silly you doubters look. 

Not if they continue this habit of playing like absolute trash in the first half of road games against anybody with a pulse.  Since they sure as heck ain't playing at home if they make the postseason.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

6 hours ago, masterchaoss said:

Well I meant in the NFC so that's my bad for just forgetting to mention that. But the guys I have bolded are guys that you'll either get 5 good years out of at most because of there play style, not that it's bad but you have to be aggressive when it comes to building around, rookies that I would never compare to anyone yet because of sample size or Wentz whose never been healthy enough to attempt 5 passes and they've been there the last 3 postseasons.

I'd posit that Goff is exactly the kind of QB you should ride until the end of their rookie contract only to be chucked aside for the next first round QB you drafted.  He's not a unicorn worth the kind of contract he has now.

I'm just tired of people :censored:ing on the guy because they only see a stat line and assuming that he's the big problem. That goes for more than just Goff, it goes for Kershaws postseasons, and many other guys like Tannehill in Miami. These guys where/are being put in positions to fail due to :censored:ty coaching and being given all the blame. 

I'm not just looking at the stat line, I'm looking at the Rams run their offense and they've done nothing to disabuse me of the notion that Sean McVay is absolutely terrified of putting the game in Goff's hands so long as he has a choice in the matter.  Which speaks volumes about Goff right there.

I'm not saying he's the best but I believe he's one of the most talented QBs in the league and he can you to promise land as soon as McVay gets his stubborn head out of his ass and actually makes adjustment instead of trying to win with the gameplan he set up going in to the game when it's not working. 

Goff objectively cost the Rams the Super Bowl the one chance he had on the big stage.  The subsequent gutting of the supporting cast to finance his contract (and other stupid contract decisions) ensures that they won't get another.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

20 minutes ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

Fire everyone. Get rid of everyone. Blow the whole team up. Start from scratch.

Can't fire the owner.... and he's the only one that matters.

Archived