2020 NFL Season

PittsburghSucks

The Eagles signed 41-year-old quarterback Josh McCown to their practice squad Sunday as an emergency backup.

An NFL source confirmed the ESPN report, which said McCown would stay in his Texas home, isolated from the team, and make $12,000 a week to be on call for the Eagles in a situation where multiple quarterbacks on the active roster are unavailable.

Are other teams doing stuff like this?  Or is this an example of the Eagles thinking they're smarter than everyone else?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BBTV said:

Are other teams doing stuff like this?  Or is this an example of the Eagles thinking they're smarter than everyone else?

Dallas has Brandon Carr on their practice squad and Kansas City has Matt Moore on theirs.  

I assume he's also the last player to have worn the Giant Elvis Patriots jerseys.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I remember when I was 9 years old when Adam Vinatieri missed a chip shot field goal against the Chiefs at Arrowhead that would've won the game. And now I'm 30 and he's just now not on an NFL roster. Damn does time fly. 

Here, have some vintage (to my late Millennial ass anyway) Jackson and Berman with that game: 

^ Speaking of vintage, check out Warren Moon in that video image...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

AFC East

1. Buffalo

2. New England (WC)

3. Miami 

4. NY Jets 

AFC North

1. Baltimore 

2. Pittsburgh (WC)

3. Cleveland (WC)

4. Cincinnati 

AFC South

1. Tennessee 

2. Indianapolis 

3. Houston 

4. Jacksonville

AFC West

1. Kansas City 

2. Denver

3. Las Vegas

4. LA Chargers 

NFC East

1. Dallas

2. Philadelphia 

3. NY Giants 

4. Washington

NFC North

1. Green Bay 

2. Minnesota (WC)

3. Detroit

4. Chicago

NFC South

1. New Orleans 

2. Tampa Bay (WC)

3, Atlanta 

4. Carolina 

NFC West

1. Seattle 

2. San Francisco (WC)

3. LA Rams 

4. Arizona 

Playoffs

Wild Card Round

AFC

Bye: Baltimore

- Kansas City def. Cleveland

- Pittsburgh def. Buffalo

- New England def. Tennessee 

NFC

Bye: New Orleans

-Dallas def. Minnesota

-Tampa Bay def. Green Bay

-Seattle def. San Francisco

Divisional Round

AFC

-Baltimore def. New England

-Kansas City def. Pittsburgh

NFC

-New Orleans def. Tampa Bay 

-Seattle def. Dallas

Conference Championships

AFC: Kansas City def. Baltimore

NFC: Seattle def. New Orleans 

Super Bowl: Kansas City 37, Seattle 31

sig.png

18 hours ago, Buc said:

^ Speaking of vintage, check out Warren Moon in that video image...

It's actually a little known fact that Warren Moon finished his career with the Chiefs in 2000. He's the Ray Borque of NFL QBs (their careers spanned a similar length of time across 4 decades.) and yet he didn't get a Super Bowl Ring. And that's just sad IMO.

1 hour ago, Red Comet said:

It's actually a little known fact that Warren Moon finished his career with the Chiefs in 2000. He's the Ray Borque of NFL QBs (their careers spanned a similar length of time across 4 decades.) and yet he didn't get a Super Bowl Ring. And that's just sad IMO.

I really don't think most people can appreciate just how good Moon was.  Everyone always points to Marino as the best QB that never won a SB, but Moon is right there too - maybe even better.  System schmistim.  When your team played against him, you held your breath every time Houston snapped the ball and breathed a sigh of relief if they didn't score.

WIth another NFL season starting...

Now HERE's a guy who wishes Cris Collinsworth would retire.

EDIT: Just to be clear - this has NOTHING to do with his speech standing in solidarity with the players. My dislike of Cris Collinsworth exists despite the fact that he's right about this particular issue.

LvZYtbZ.png

6 minutes ago, WJMorris3 said:

WIth another NFL season starting...

Now HERE's a guy who wishes Cris Collinsworth would retire.

He's speaking his mind (even if he is preachy af about it). He has the right to freedom of speech and you, me or anyone else in turn has the right to change the channel or mute the TV.

Also, the Chiefs score a TD already. Nice!

EDIT: Aaaaand overturned. 

2 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

He's speaking his mind (even if he is preachy af about it). He has the right to freedom of speech and you, me or anyone else in turn has the right to change the channel or mute the TV.

Also, the Chiefs score a TD already. Nice!

Oh, I have no problem with the content of the speech; my dislike of Collinsworth goes way before that.

LvZYtbZ.png

It's not what he says, it's just the smug-arrogant way in which he says everything.  He could tell me I'm an amazing person and I'd want to punch through his mouth out of the back of his head.

His fellating of Tom Brady throughout that one entire SB was nauseating.  I forget the number, but I think it's the one where some backup QB dropped 41 on the sorry-ass Patriots.  Goddam.  Which one was that?  'Liil help?

Quality of play was very rough. Tonight showed that we need a preseason moving forward from this year and it should probably stay at 4 games. Maybe make practices more stringent like they were pre-2011 because players coming out of the gate rusty and thus injury-prone has become more and more obvious since said 2011 agreement was signed.

3 hours ago, Red Comet said:

Quality of play was very rough. Tonight showed that we need a preseason moving forward from this year and it should probably stay at 4 games. Maybe make practices more stringent like they were pre-2011 because players coming out of the gate rusty and thus injury-prone has become more and more obvious since said 2011 agreement was signed.

It was sloppy, sure, but I thought it wouldn't have been much better if they had played 4 preseason games. Most teams don't come into good form until the end of September. 

Archived