PittsburghSucks

2020 NFL Season

1 hour ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Lmao. Every fan thinks the announcers are against their team. 

This is true - and annoying.  The only one that I think is a little shady is Collingsworth, but in general, NFL fans - moresoe than other sports fans - have a "everyone's out to get us" mentality.   Eagles fans might be the worst at this - if you listen to them, you'd think that Buck is actually wearing the other team's jersey and holding pom poms.

It seems like they hate the announcers more when their team is losing.  Wonder why?  Are the announcers not supposed to say your team is getting scored on at will?

Thom Brennaman (the other Joe Buck) got a lot of that from Bears fans, but given that Brennaman left the Cubs on bad terms, I could see where that was coming from. I'm pretty sure the line that got him fired was about Wrigleyville/Lake View.

Can we finally end this charade and begin the controlled demolition of this team? The whole foundation needs to be repaired, and the team rebuilt from scratch.

At this point, if I'm the Steelers, I wouldn't take the field on Sunday.  If they're still finding positives, depending on when contact took place, they could find more tomorrow, Saturday, Sunday, or most concerning - Monday.

I don't know the legalities involved, or if it's even possible, but the league really needs to do the right thing here and award the 2-0 forfeit victory to the Steelers.  There's no way any responsible league could put the Ravens on the field on Sunday - and simply cancelling the game penalizes the Steelers, who so far, haven't done anything wrong.

16 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I don't know the legalities involved, or if it's even possible, but the league really needs to do the right thing here and award the 2-0 forfeit victory to the Steelers.  There's no way any responsible league could put the Ravens on the field on Sunday - and simply cancelling the game penalizes the Steelers, who so far, haven't done anything wrong.

You say that as if the NFL doesn't consider the postponement good enough precaution. 😛

27 minutes ago, BBTV said:

At this point, if I'm the Steelers, I wouldn't take the field on Sunday.  If they're still finding positives, depending on when contact took place, they could find more tomorrow, Saturday, Sunday, or most concerning - Monday.

The NFL announced a plan for a 16 team playoff if meaningful games were to be canceled at any point this season. Would they consider BAL-PIT “meaningful”? Probably, but maybe not. I also wouldn’t be surprised if we got a Week 18 for any make up games resulting in a playoffs delay.

So basically they're going to cancel games and go by winning percentage (and then add a couple extra teams) rather than require forfeits.  

Seems like it rewards the teams that slip up.  Even if it's only one player or coach that slips up and ends up bringing it into the locker room, that's still a lack of control and the teams need to be punished for it.

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

So basically they're going to cancel games and go by winning percentage (and then add a couple extra teams) rather than require forfeits.  

Seems like it rewards the teams that slip up.  Even if it's only one player or coach that slips up and ends up bringing it into the locker room, that's still a lack of control and the teams need to be punished for it.

The Bills had to simultaneously plan for games against the Chiefs and Titans this season without knowing when each game would happen because of the Titans' COVID failures. They ended up losing both.

The Titans should have forfeited then, and the Ravens should now.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-covid-steelers-20201125-rqcrll7xgvgidghaoqg36j6nhi-story.html

The Ravens announced Wednesday night that they had disciplined a staff member amid the coronavirus outbreak that led the NFL to postpone their Thanksgiving Day game against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

According to the NFL Network, the staff member was a strength and conditioning coach who had failed to report symptoms and had not consistently worn a mask or tracking device, as required by NFL protocols.

lol hey guys we heard your mill needed some grist

3 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Are You Sure Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Well, for the most part, he is haha.

I’m no Joe Buck fan personally and I think he’s an overrated play-by-play, but I don’t find him to be very biased, for or against any team. 

3 hours ago, BBTV said:

This game will probably be the first game moved to a possible "Week 18."

5 hours ago, AustinFromBoston said:

I just want the team with no name to win the NFC East. 

God Damn that would be hilarious. 

At this point, literally anybody winning the NFC East is going to be hilarious. The Eagles and WTF are the closest things to real teams since they have normal(-ish) QB's, so I'm rooting for Dallas or the Giants.

Joe Buck's only crime as a commentator is that he's the boringest person ever. He has the voice for the profession, but not the audible love of the game. I'll take local announcers being obvious homers over him even if I hate the team they work for because there's actual energy behind their words. It's even better if they feel that their team has been slighted.

27 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

At this point, literally anybody winning the NFC East is going to be hilarious. The Eagles and WTF are the closest things to real teams since they have normal(-ish) QB's, so I'm rooting for Dallas or the Giants.

I want Washington to win because I'd love to see the Hat & Shirts that say "Washington Football Team, NFC East Champions" 

Man, that whole NFC Least is that pathetic.

The teams combine for 13 wins and one tie, but 9 of those wins were within the division.

That leaves four wins outside the division. Mind you, the AFC North, save the Bengals, is pretty tough. 

Each team has a negative point differential, but the fact that Washington is only -2   is a miracle.

At this stage, a win over the Eagles, the Bengals and two wins over the Cowboys is what put Washington at the top.

4 hours ago, DEAD! said:

Man, that whole NFC Least is that pathetic.

The teams combine for 13 wins and one tie, but 9 of those wins were within the division.

That leaves four wins outside the division. Mind you, the AFC North, save the Bengals, is pretty tough. 

Each team has a negative point differential, but the fact that Washington is only -2   is a miracle.

At this stage, a win over the Eagles, the Bengals and two wins over the Cowboys is what put Washington at the top.

It’s gonna be great when Washington (hopefully) ends up hosting a 12-4 NFC West runner up in the playoffs