PittsburghSucks

2020 NFL Season

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

Don't forget about Kyle Orton.

I never have. I never could.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Broncos tried to get an assistant whose last season of competitive football was 2012 as a backup to Bortles. He threw four whole passes that season. What a joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So let me get this straight:  The Ravens were not able to control their outbreak, so they get to wait until guys are healthy in order to field a team against their top rival.  The Broncos were able to contain it, so they get rewarded by playing on schedule even though they have no qb.  In what stupid world does that makes sense?  If a team's star player tests positive, they're better off either letting it spread - or lying about other positive tests - so that they can get him back for the game.

 

This league is really messed up.

 

Also - up until a couple of weeks ago, the Eagles had Josh McCown under contract but living in Texas just for this exact situation.  Since he was technically on the practice squad or some other list, the Texans were allowed to sign him so he's no longer an option for the Eagles, but at least they had thought ahead.  Ironically, they'd have been better off starting McCown and sending Wentz down to Texas to just hang out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BBTV said:

So let me get this straight:  The Ravens were not able to control their outbreak, so they get to wait until guys are healthy in order to field a team against their top rival.  The Broncos were able to contain it, so they get rewarded by playing on schedule even though they have no qb.  In what stupid world does that makes sense?  If a team's star player tests positive, they're better off either letting it spread - or lying about other positive tests - so that they can get him back for the game.

 

This league is really messed up.

 

Also - up until a couple of weeks ago, the Eagles had Josh McCown under contract but living in Texas just for this exact situation.  Since he was technically on the practice squad or some other list, the Texans were allowed to sign him so he's no longer an option for the Eagles, but at least they had thought ahead.  Ironically, they'd have been better off starting McCown and sending Wentz down to Texas to just hang out.

 

For real. COVID gamesmanship is really perverse, and seems mostly to benefit teams that the NFL wants to be good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If only the Rams didn't have the worst backup QB situation in the league to protect Jared Goff's fragile psyche.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BBTV said:

So let me get this straight:  The Ravens were not able to control their outbreak, so they get to wait until guys are healthy in order to field a team against their top rival.  The Broncos were able to contain it, so they get rewarded by playing on schedule even though they have no qb.  In what stupid world does that makes sense?  If a team's star player tests positive, they're better off either letting it spread - or lying about other positive tests - so that they can get him back for the game.

 

This league is really messed up.

 

Also - up until a couple of weeks ago, the Eagles had Josh McCown under contract but living in Texas just for this exact situation.  Since he was technically on the practice squad or some other list, the Texans were allowed to sign him so he's no longer an option for the Eagles, but at least they had thought ahead.  Ironically, they'd have been better off starting McCown and sending Wentz down to Texas to just hang out.

 

I'm sure Mike Florio will have at least 100 rants about the NFL's lack of consistency with protocols on Pro Football Talk as he's done every week.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

The Bucs, as I know them, are back.


I mostly agree, but that was a three point loss to the juggernaut Chiefs coming off of a Monday night game. Those are games that they usually get blasted in. They have some serious issues on both sides of the ball, but at least they’re still fighting at the end of games. 
 

Whatever. They’ve got a break next week and then the Vikings, Falcons twice, and the Lions to finish up the season. They could (but won’t) still end up with 11 wins. I’m sure they’ll dumb themselves out of one of those Falcons games, but if they can end the season with ten wins and a playoff berth, I’ll be satisfied. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FiddySicks said:


I mostly agree, but that was a three point loss to the juggernaut Chiefs coming off of a Monday night game. Those are games that they usually get blasted in. They have some serious issues on both sides of the ball, but at least they’re still fighting at the end of games. 
 

Whatever. They’ve got a break next week and then the Vikings, Falcons twice, and the Lions to finish up the season. They could (but won’t) still end up with 11 wins. I’m sure they’ll dumb themselves out of one of those Falcons games, but if they can end the season with ten wins and a playoff berth, I’ll be satisfied. 

 

I understand but also, frankly, disagree. That game was one Mecole Hardman dropped-TD away from being a complete blowout in the 3rd quarter. That game wasn't as close as the final score indicated it was. It flattered the Bucs. 

 

If you want to call yourself a contender, you need a better record than being 1-4 against teams currently in playoff positions, and 1-3 at home. This Bucs team got its hype defensively from one game where Aaron Rodgers had one of the worst games of his career, which was the far more atypical thing that happened that day. All hype, no substance. Good enough to beat the teams they're better than, not good enough to beat teams that might be better than them. Probably a playoff team, but absolutely no threat to do anything once they get there. People just want to believe there's more potential there because of who the quarterback is.

 

(Mind you, I'm the same person who criticized Andrei Vasilevskiy as being a "goaltender who you could never win a Stanley Cup with" about eight weeks before he became a Stanley Cup-winning goaltender. I either could be writing this to channel the spirit of what happened then, or I could be writing this because I'm a dumbass with zero clue what the hell he's talking about. You guys can decide for yourself which one it is.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah this team has always been the same old rickety ass ride but everyone got all excited because it had a fancy new coat of paint. They’ve still got the same core problems they had a year ago. But this is still better than what we’ve grown accustomed to, and I can see the growth from the rest of the roster. 

 

It’s been forever since this team has been worth talking about. Us Bucs fans should at least enjoy some of it! 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Texans, Falcons, and Lions fired their head coaches. The Jaguars fired their GM. But the Chargers don't do anything to address their losing? This is serious BS.

 

Does ownership care about their fanbase?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

The Texans, Falcons, and Lions fired their head coaches. The Jaguars fired their GM. But the Chargers don't do anything to address their losing? This is serious BS.

 

Does ownership care about their fanbase?

Is that a serious question

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gothedistance said:

The Texans, Falcons, and Lions fired their head coaches. The Jaguars fired their GM. But the Chargers don't do anything to address their losing? This is serious BS.

 

Does ownership care about their fanbase?

What fanbase?  Spanos killed that off years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Does ownership care about their fanbase?

 

The fanbase that couldn't fill a tiny soccer stadium which created a road-game scenario for the team even when in LA?

 

Firing a coach mid-season does nothing other than let you start interviewing other candidates early.  It never has any impact on the current season and I wouldn't be worked up about having to wait until after season for changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.