2020 NFL Season

PittsburghSucks

2 minutes ago, goalieboy82 said:

so what happens if it doesn't happen on Wednesday. at this point, who knows since its the NFL.  

They announce a week 18, pushing the postseason back a week or even getting rid of the bye week between the conference championship games and Super Bowl.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GDAWG said:

They announce a week 18, pushing the postseason back a week or even getting rid of the bye week between the conference championship games and Super Bowl.

i think that is what is going to happen (is there contractual obligation for game to be played via the TV contract).

so long and thanks for all the fish.

13 minutes ago, goalieboy82 said:

i think that is what is going to happen (is there contractual obligation for game to be played via the TV contract).

I don't know if there's a contractual obligation but the NFL is determined to play all 256 regular season games, including adding a week 18 if they have to.

15 minutes ago, dont care said:

If ravens refuse to play then that’s a forfeit in my book. Stop the charade, and make them feel the hurt for not controlling their outbreak

they should but the NFL is gutless to do it (maybe in the old days but not now)

20 minutes ago, dont care said:

If ravens refuse to play then that’s a forfeit in my book. Stop the charade, and make them feel the hurt for not controlling their outbreak

The NFL should require a forfeit of the team for not containing an outbreak, especially when it started with someone on the team staff and not the players.

The players should strike because the NFL's treatment of COVID outbreaks has been inconsistent.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Weren't there reports around training camp that the NFL was watching how baseball was handling this wasn't going to repeat the mistakes baseball made?  Outside of the Justin Turner debacle during the World Series, MLB was able to prevent another outbreak for the last month of the season and the majority of the post season.  Out of the Big 5 (if you count MLS, but how they handle the recent outbreak from the Columbus Crew remain to be seen) I think the NFL has handled it worse. 

3 minutes ago, DEAD! said:

... oh, and that game is now scheduled for Wednesday at... 3:40. What a joke. (The circumstances, I mean)

why is that, does NBC want to show there prime time shows instead.  i would think they (NBC and the NFL, would get more people watching at 7 or 8 pm then 3:40pm)

21 minutes ago, DEAD! said:

... oh, and that game is now scheduled for Wednesday at... 3:40. What a joke. (The circumstances, I mean)

So, like in the early afternoon on the west coast?

LONFL

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

So,

BAL-PIT now Wednesday afternoon (was Tuesday night, previously Sunday afternoon, and before that, Thanksgiving Night)

WAS-PIT now Monday evening (was Sunday afternoon)

DAL-BAL now Tuesday night (was Monday evening, previously Thursday night)

Did I get all that right?

1 hour ago, goalieboy82 said:

why is that, does NBC want to show there prime time shows instead.  i would think they (NBC and the NFL, would get more people watching at 7 or 8 pm then 3:40pm)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30423599/baltimore-ravens-pittsburgh-steelers-game-postponed-again-wednesday-source-says

The game is kicking off at 3:40 p.m. because NBC, which is broadcasting the game, wanted to honor its commitment to broadcast the 88th Rockefeller Center Christmas tree lighting ceremony on Wednesday night, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

I saw, I came, I left.

What makes them so sure they'll be able to play on Wednesday?  It's only one day from Tuesday, and if MFers are still testing positive, the math doesn't work.  Then Pittsburgh has to play 5 days later?  They really don't deserve this BS.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, dont care said:

So who has the worse contract, Goff or wentz?

Wentz was asked if he's still feeling effects from the concussion he got from that disgusting sub-human biped Clowney.  That's how bad it's gotten - it's being speculated that he has brain damage.

That concussion must have been so bad that it affected the coach's brain too.  That's one hell of a cheap shot.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

21 hours ago, Sport said:

The favoritism is on the Ravens end here, but it's sort of a stew involving the Steelers too.

The part about the league wanting to play this game due to the rivalry and playoff implications is true, but continuing to postpone the game is definitely a benefit to the Ravens and a detriment to the Steelers. The longer the game is delayed, the more players come off the COVID list for the Ravens, who are essentially getting rewarded for being unable to contain their outbreak (and due to them disciplining their S&C coach, being rewarded for at least partially causing it).

I really don't understand why the Steelers-WFT matchup was only moved to Monday while the Ravens-Cowboys was delayed to Tuesday. That makes no sense whatsoever.

NSFCvyu.png

It's really cool how the Broncos were forced to play Sunday with no quarterbacks when the NFL can apparently delay a game for six (or more) days. The Broncos' QB's are cleared now by the way, so they could have played today or even tomorrow along with the Steelers and Ravens. This season really is a joke. I'm sure everybody in the NFC is thrilled that the Saints got an auto-win. Sure, they likely would have won anyway, but come on.

Could be worse. It could be college football's asterisk-filled season. More asterisks than normal, I mean.

Man I am just enjoying the games that are getting played. I really enjoy the NFL game though with some exceptions. A very small percentage of these games are being moved or having issues so I think the NFL has done a pretty good job considering the circumstances. I sure wish everyone held themselves accountable like they try to hold everyone else accountable. I believe the world would be a better place. I hope they play a full season and keep making moves when needed.

Archived