PittsburghSucks

2020 NFL Season

Just now, ManillaToad said:

Mets fans have always had a little brother syndrome with the Yankees. it's Yanks fans who don't care about the Mets

Well as an Arkansas State fan I don't know anything about that. No idea what it's like to constantly scream that I matter to those that don't care. No way no how.

The New York Jets are almost as bad at tanking as The Montreal Canadiens.

4 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

The New York Jets are almost as bad at tanking as The Montreal Canadiens.

You can't be known as Chief Buttfumbler of the NFL without failing at failing.

With the 1st pick in the 2021 NFL Draft, The Jacksonville Jaguars select......Trevor Lawrence, QB Clemson

Hurts is really good. I hate that the Eagles got him, but damn he’s good. 

He should be their starter going forward. I don’t see how Wentz takes another snap for the Eagles barring any injury to Hurts. 

41 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Oh no, I totally didn’t expect Haskins to play like complete ass today 🙄 

Haskins is garbage. He has shown zero improvement or willingness to improve since his first game last year. And of course there's his complete lack of maturity. The only good thing to come out of drafting Haskins is that he had them draft McLaurin along with him.

Take note, NFL: Do not draft Ohio State quarterbacks. Their receivers make them look much better than they actually are.

7 minutes ago, burgundy said:

Haskins is garbage. He has shown zero improvement or willingness to improve since his first game last year. And of course there's his complete lack of maturity. The only good thing to come out of drafting Haskins is that he had them draft McLaurin along with him.

Take note, NFL: Do not draft Ohio State quarterbacks. Their receivers make them look much better than they actually are.

If you’re watching the game (I assume you are), did you see him sleeping on the sideline?

Just now, DNAsports said:

If you’re watching the game (I assume you are), did you see him sleeping on the sideline?

I've been on the computer while watching, so I missed that one. Totally unsurprising though. He's probably still tired from partying with strippers.

24 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

He should be their starter going forward. I don’t see how Wentz takes another snap for the Eagles barring any injury to Hurts. 

Wentz will likely be back in 2021 due to his contract, which makes it super difficult to trade or release him.  Same situation for Matt Ryan and Matthew Stafford. I think Ryan may have the same attitude about any potential first round QB replacing him as Roethlisberger will have.  

9 minutes ago, burgundy said:

I've been on the computer while watching, so I missed that one. Totally unsurprising though. He's probably still tired from partying with strippers.

What was hilarious about this was how just before this, at halftime the announcers and commentators were absolutely railing his work ethic and how he just doesn’t seem to love the game anymore.

The fact that Nick Foles dragged the Eagles to a Super Bowl win becomes more impressive every single day.

6 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

The fact that Nick Foles dragged the Eagles to a Super Bowl win becomes more impressive every single day.

To be fair, that Eagles team was really, really good. They convinced everyone that Wentz was an elite, franchise QB. 

I've said before, Eagles don't win that Super Bowl if Wentz didn't get hurt. 

Carson doesn't replicate the same performance Foles did to beat Brady. 

I really don't know what will happen with Wentz. Eagles will probably be forced to keep him next year because no team will take the cap hit for him.

I could see a team going in on Stafford if The Lions are willing to trade him, he could benefit the most from being on a new team, but the asking price for him will be pretty high.  

13 minutes ago, burgundy said:

Benched for a practice squad QB. Fantastic.

He gave the team some life

Taylor Heineken

spacer.png

Judging by the social media comments, this might be the 1st game I've ever seen where both fanbases are equally furious with the outcome of who won, lmao.

Can't wait for The Tree video on this.

51 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

That Eagles team was legitimately a great team, before and after the Wentz injury.  That was not a fluke.

What's become of that team is a testament to mismanagement at all levels.

43 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

To be fair, that Eagles team was really, really good. They convinced everyone that Wentz was an elite, franchise QB. 

They didn't convince everyone - Wentz did, by his legit great play.  He was the presumptive MVP, and that was coming off of a very good rookie season.  Torn ACL, broken back, concussion, and the mental makeup of a guy that played at North Dakota State U and never in any kind of pressure big-market situation were his downfall.

He's a great example of why great D1-AA players should be looked at with a lot of skepticism.  He definitely has a ton of talent, but doesn't have the mental makeup to handle it when things don't go his way and it's in Philadelphia and not north-east nutsack Dakota.  He's never been challenged with adversity like he has in the NFL, and he's failed those challenges.  All he cares about is praying to Jesus 12 hours a day and praising his lord and savior.  Maybe he should spend that time practicing.

1 hour ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Still sure about that?  The injuries aren't helping him, but he's making some bonehead decisions and looking every bit the rookie that he his.  I'm not saying he can't be very good, but he's looking like a rookie today.