2020 NFL Season

PittsburghSucks

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I'm not wishing bodily harm on anyone, just saying that it would have been more poetic if it was him rather than Dak.  Even if you want to twist it so it seems that I am wishing it on him, that would mean that I'm wishing it off of Dak, so it nets out and Prescott leads the Cowboys to the division title.  Either way, the same amount of people are hurt.

And I believe in comeuppance.  Is a compound fracture comeuppance for arrogantly asking to wear an "unusable" number?  That might be a little extreme, but it also might not be.

Since it's possible to almost lose the leg, I think it's a little extreme. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

30 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

It's really fun watching the Bills stomp the faces off New England.

It's crazy to see that Buffalo is this good and New England being this bad.

Bills rest on their laurels, though. Miami is going to be more then ready for them next week.

So Eagles LT / rugby player Jordan Mailata is in concussion protocol because of this:

Dude straight up headbutted him for no reason (besides he had been pancaked the three previous plays.)    His comeuppance should be far worse than an owy on his leg.

Dude literally does nothing but wait for Mailata and then headbut him.  Didn't even have anything to do with the play.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

It's really fun watching the Bills stomp the faces off New England.

For those who don't remember the Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed, Bruce Smith, losing four straight super bowl days.... 

(Edit: and how can I forget Marv Levy?)

I saw, I came, I left.

18 minutes ago, DEAD! said:

For those who don't remember the Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed, Bruce Smith, losing four straight super bowl days.... 

(Edit: and how can I forget Marv Levy?)

Don Beebe!  Shane Conlan!  Steve Tasker!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Okay, I looked around about the roof.

Jerry Jones opened the roof for Cowboys home games in 2020 because of Covid-19. https://www.fox4news.com/sports/jerry-jones-willing-to-open-roof-end-zone-doors-at-att-stadium-for-2020-games

He only has the roof open for night games. Prior to 2020, the last time Dallas opened the roof for a daytime game was the 2014 game against the Arizona Cardinals.

Kyle Shanahan had the roof closed when his 49ers were temporarily playing home games at State Farm. https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/why-kyle-shanahan-will-keep-roof-closed-49ers-arizona-home-games

Bill O'Brien probably was the reason the Texans went so long with games under a closed roof. JJ Watt tweeted this after his firing. 

16 minutes ago, Sport said:

Welcome to how the rest of us live, Pats fans. Sucks, right? 

It's odd.  My 25 year old son bascially only knows a Packer team Quarterbacked by Hall of Famers. He doesn't realized how spoiled he is. My 20 year old son, who only REALLY started to follow football 7 years ago has no idea how to handle a bad game from the Packers, and it annoys the crap out of me.

I can smile and recall the days of David Whitehurst and Jerry Tagge and Scott Hunter and Jim Del Gaizo, and I appreciate how good we have it now. I hope anyone who has been a fan in the good times can behave the way they should, but better yet, can ENJOY it while it happens, because you never know when a collarbone will get broken, or a contract situation will boil over, or someone's ego will get in the way and it all goes south.

It's where I sit.

2 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

It's odd.  My 25 year old son bascially only knows a Packer team Quarterbacked by Hall of Famers. He doesn't realized how spoiled he is. My 20 year old son, who only REALLY started to follow football 7 years ago has no idea how to handle a bad game from the Packers, and it annoys the crap out of me.

As a Bears fan, I have no faith at all your sons will ever know a Packers team with a bad quarterback.  I've accepted I'll go to my grave with the Packers having Hall of Famer after Hall of Famer at the QB position while the Bears sit in the corner eating paste.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

14 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Wait, that happened again? Or what was the other thing he did on the bench last season, like a selfie or something?

From what I read the true last straw was that he bolted after the game, ignoring the PR rep trying to make him available for the media, only to have a change of heart and take Zoom questions at home.

VmWIn6B.png

1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Is that because the Packers have been mostly good in his time as a fan or because he's 20? When I was 20 I was a real pill to be around for hours or even days when the Bengals lost. I'm older, have gained some perspective with age and experience, and found I just don't care as much as I did then. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, CS85 said:

As a Bears fan, I have no faith at all your sons will ever know a Packers team with a bad quarterback.  I've accepted I'll go to my grave with the Packers having Hall of Famer after Hall of Famer at the QB position while the Bears sit in the corner eating paste.

Time will tell on Jordan Love.

3 minutes ago, Sport said:

Is that because the Packers have been mostly good in his time as a fan or because he's 20? When I was 20 I was a real pill to be around for hours or even days when the Bengals lost. I'm older, have gained some perspective with age and experience, and found I just don't care as much as I did then. 

He's a good kid, so I think this is totally due to him never dealing with a crappy team.

His first season of being into football was when we choked away the NFC Championship in Seattle. We were on vacation in California watching the game at a sports bar, and he cried uncontrollably outside for a half hour after the game. We weren't supposed to lose, you see, and he had no idea how to deal with that. Still can't. He was NUTS Sunday night when the Titans cut the lead to 19-14, even though both of us expected a loss when we talked about the game before kickoff.

He's got the worst part of my fandom - devotion. Utter devotion.

It's where I sit.

8 minutes ago, Sport said:

When I was 20... the Patriots had not won a Super Bowl yet... 

I saw, I came, I left.

I remember opening packs of trading cards in the early 1990s pulling random Green Bay Packers and being surprised that team was still in the league. I didn't watch football then, I only knew players from commercials, video games, or Starting Lineup figures. So basically, I knew Joe Montana, Bo Jackson, and the Buffalo Bills based on where I lived.

Anyway, I knew the Packers won the first two Super Bowls, but they seemed like a total zero after than. I was really surprised to learn the Packers made the Super Bowl a couple of times and actually won one of them! And they've basically been good ever since.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I remember opening packs of trading cards in the early 1990s pulling random Green Bay Packers and being surprised that team was still in the league. I didn't watch football then, I only knew players from commercials, video games, or Starting Lineup figures. So basically, I knew Joe Montana, Bo Jackson, and the Buffalo Bills based on where I lived.

Anyway, I knew the Packers won the first two Super Bowls, but they seemed like a total zero after than. I was really surprised to learn the Packers made the Super Bowl a couple of times and actually won one of them! And they've basically been good ever since.

Similar to my experience.  I only knew of them from reading SI when Don Majkowski was the savior and they drafted Tony Mandarich, who was supposed to be the best player ever.  Then some guy named Dilwig, and I think even Mike Tomczak played there.  I too couldn't understand how there could be a team in Green Bay Wisconsin, and how they were still in the league when they were always bad. Then Bryce Paup wrecked Randall Cunningham's knee, and I decided I hated the Packers forever.

It all changed when after suing for free agency, Reggie White said (literally) that God told him to sign in Green Bay.  That made them relevant again, then obviously Favre and we know the rest.

Archived