2020 NFL Season

PittsburghSucks

7 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Yeah, Philadelphia sure is tanking this game, aren’t they?

Don't worry - Hurts probably won't play the second half.

Half the names I'm hearing tonight are ones I'm hearing for the first time.  Even the radio guys have to look up info on some of these jabronis.   Theres a few regulars in there, but not many.  Hurts is basically doing the offense all by himself since none of the receivers, backs, and 3/5 of the OL have any experience.

WFT is simply not good - but they're 6-9, so we already knew that.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad Miami missed the playoffs; It just would've been an extra L to the season. Expectations have already been passed, though they need better offensive weapons.

It's also weird seeing the WFT's logo on the NBC scorebug.

20 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Half the names I'm hearing tonight are ones I'm hearing for the first time.  Even the radio guys have to look up info on some of these jabronis.   Theres a few regulars in there, but not many.  Hurts is basically doing the offense all by himself since none of the receivers, backs, and 3/5 of the OL have any experience.

You've lost the ability to say 'BBTV is always right' after this crusade. You're yelling at clouds over something that isn't broken.

If this is the hill you choose to die on, it looks like you will do it alone.

It's where I sit.

31 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Weird, I don’t see any starters, including Hurts, resting to start the half.

4 hours ago, See Red said:

I'd guess the pressure to succeed at Florida and Ohio State is considerably greater than the pressure to coach the Jacksonville Jaguars.

I was referring to Meyer's health problems; that was the reason he ultimately stepped away from coaching both times, IIRC. (I should've been more clear about that.) Work-related stress and pressure don't work too well with the type of issues he was having.

2 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

Almost like Cody Parkey.

Only this time, it went through where it should, so the kick was good. That was close.

And the fact that they had to win the division on a doink was about one of the Statitest results that could've happened. 

I don't know, maybe they'll pull a rabbit's foot and actually make a run of it...but that defense, though...hoo boy, suspect as all get-out. 

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

9 minutes ago, tBBP said:

I was referring to Meyer's health problems; that was the reason he ultimately stepped away from coaching both times, IIRC. (I should've been more clear about that.) Work-related stress and pressure don't work too well with the type of issues he was having.

Was it health problems at Ohio state or was it that he was about to have a Joe Paterno situation where he knowingly had a wife beating coach on his staff, and got out with enough time to save face.

12 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Weird, I don’t see any starters, including Hurts, resting to start the half.

By "starters", do you mean "people that started this game", or regular starters?  Because there's very few of the latter out there.

This hasn't gone according to the plan I was expecting.  Definitely didn't expect Hurts to be playing at this stage.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

24 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

You've lost the ability to say 'BBTV is always right' after this crusade. You're yelling at clouds over something that isn't broken.

If this is the hill you choose to die on, it looks like you will do it alone.

But I am right.  The Eagles aren't playing the overwhelming majority of their regular players.  Not my fault WFT is terrible.

10 minutes ago, BBTV said:

By "starters", do you mean "people that started this game", or regular starters?  Because there's very few of the latter out there.

This hasn't gone according to the plan I was expecting.  Definitely didn't expect Hurts to be playing at this stage.

9 minutes ago, BBTV said:

But I am right.  The Eagles aren't playing the overwhelming majority of their regular players.  Not my fault WFT is terrible.

Spare us all the ego-padding

The Office Reaction GIF

18 minutes ago, BBTV said:

No. You're wrong about trying to fix the broken draft because reasons.

It's where I sit.

1 minute ago, Sec19Row53 said:

No. You're wrong about trying to fix the broken draft because reasons.

Maybe. That’s opinion. The fact is that a team just put it’s seldom-used 3rd-string QB into a close game with a playoff spot on the line for two other teams - and said QB promptly turned the ball over TWICE. 

Do they make that move if it doesn’t benefit them to lose? Doubtful. The draft rules influenced the NFC East championship. I’m not sure how there’s any other reasonable way to look at it. 

As insanely stupid as it is that  7-9 Washington Team is going to host an 11-5 Bucs team in the playoffs, I'm kind of happy for Ron & Kirk. They both fought through ALOT (not just on the field) to get to where they are. No one really deserved to win that division, but since 1 team had to I'm glad it was them. 

Also yeah, Lmao. The Team with no name actually won the division. 

15 minutes ago, AustinFromBoston said:

As insanely stupid as it is that  7-9 Washington Team is going to host an 11-5 Bucs team in the playoffs, I'm kind of happy for Ron & Kirk. They both fought through ALOT (not just on the field) to get to where they are. No one really deserved to win that division, but since 1 team had to I'm glad it was them. 

Also yeah, Lmao. The Team with no name actually won the division. 

You mean Alex?

It's where I sit.

10 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

256 games and 17 weeks were scheduled for the 2020 NFL Regular season.  All 256 games and 17 weeks were played and completed, despite shuffling of some games.  

They always would, the responsibility to advertisers, broadcast partners, and the public was too much not to power through. Whether they should have played and completed the full schedule in the allotted time is up for debate, but they were always going to.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I don't get the fear of Urban leaving. I would take 6 years and 2 championships. I'd take 7 years and a championship. Hell, I'd take 3 years and a championship. If he leaves the Jags while they are winning, they will get the pick of the litter when it comes to coaching choices. If he leaves because things are bad, he was probably going to get fired, anyway. He is arguably the strongest coaching candidate out there. This would be a home run hire for a franchise like Jacksonville. 

9 hours ago, dont care said:

Was it health problems at Ohio state or was it that he was about to have a Joe Paterno situation where he knowingly had a wife beating coach on his staff, and got out with enough time to save face.

Since the coach was fired 2 years before and he'd already been punished, I don't think he had to worry about a Paterno moment. He'd already been dragged for it. In the NFL he won't have to deal with boosters and administration, just the press and fans who have no control over his contract. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

So I was right (as usual) and the draft system encouraged a team to tank and potentially alter the playoff landscape.  Saying otherwise is basically saying that 2 + 2 = 5.  It's 4, and we all know that.  It was no worse than 50/50 that they would have beaten WFT even with the players they had out there to start the game, regardless of whether they were backups or not.

Besides Collingsworth roasting them on national TV, Seth Joyner (one of the guys on the post-game show and my favorite football player from when I was a kid) went berserk on the team, and basically said he was embarrassed to work for them and he didn't sign on to commentate on illegitimate games.  Pretty sure he's fired.

From what I've gathered from the local media, this decision was outlined by GM Howie Roseman, and Doug Pederson had very little to do with it.  He was basically told that they're protecting a certain list of players, and to get Jalen Hurts out of there if he started to get hit or if it was clear he was going to win the game.

Archived