2020 NFL Season

PittsburghSucks

2 hours ago, leopard88 said:

The Philadelphia-WTF game was the only game all week that was guaranteed to be "win and in" (or at least "win and clinch the division") without other backup scenarios.  That made it the best candidate for SNF since the league prefers to have games played simultaneously when they affect each other.

If the Titans-Texans game was played on SNF, there was a chance of it being meaningless if the Colts lost earlier in the day.  Meanwhile, most of the 1:00 games also involved "____ win OR _____ loss OR ____ loss" clinching scenarios.

Rams-Cardinals for a playoff spot.

Granted both are smaller fanbases and much of the Rams offense was riding the pine for injury and COVID reasons.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, rams80 said:

Rams-Cardinals for a playoff spot.

Granted both are smaller fanbases and much of the Rams offense was riding the pine for injury and COVID reasons.

BUT...

Since Green Bay would have already beaten the Bears (assuming that result doesn't change), that changes the 'care level' of this game, meaning the Rams are in, and they could lay down for the Cardinals. Same problems, just different teams.

NBC was screwed in that there was no 'the winner of this game is in and the loser is out'. Maybe next year they'll consider not having an SNF game unless that is the case.

It's where I sit.

Rams might have tried anyway because it doesn't feel good to go into the playoffs on a 3 game losing streak, but yeah, that was a concern.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The best option is probably to do nothing, but just for the heck of it...

If a game gets flexed into primetime, there's an XFL-style prize for the winning team. The $30M QBs won't care, but the average career for 45 guys on the roster is like 11 quarters before the team disposes of them (really I think it's two years).

22 minutes ago, See Red said:

Elway is stepping... uh... up from his GM role with the Broncos and will be the President of Football Operations.

Screams "kicked upstairs" to me.  Elway's probably done meddling with the roster.

Today, we are all otaku.

5 hours ago, See Red said:

Elway is stepping... uh... up from his GM role with the Broncos and will be the President of Football Operations.

Keep up the good work, Elway. You're totally not turning the Broncos into Mile High Cleveland and by that, I highly doubt the stadium is the only thing that's a mile high associated with the Broncos. 

6 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Anthony Lynn is fired. I didn't think Dean Spanos would do it.

The Chargers have to get the HC hire right this time.

Eric Bienemy??  

(I mean shoot--it ain't like Jacksonville has him on their radar, so...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

5 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Which football team? There are 32 of them.

The one scheduled to play against the Patriots Bucs this weekend.

Archived