2020 NFL Season

PittsburghSucks

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ridleylash said:

Holy :censored:, are the Texans seriously about to lose both DeAndre AND Deshaun for completely stupid reasons?!

How are they losing Watson?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

22 minutes ago, BBTV said:

How are they losing Watson?

He was told he’d be involved in the hiring process of a new coach yet hasn’t even been approached about it nor has his input even been taken into consideration.

It’s obviously pure speculation on all ends. Except for Watson. Only he knows what he wants. If he wants out then he wants out. Why keep a disgruntled star QB on your roster knowing that he doesn’t really care to be there anymore?

48 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Watson to WFT would be sick.

Wouldn’t it? I’m not sure it could really happen, but it’s wishful thinking. One could make a case of swapping Landon Collins’ contract plus a hefty load of picks to Houston for Watson and his contract. This is under the assumption that Alex Smith retires (betting he does, unfortunately). Also, Collins’ replacement, Kam Curl is having an incredible year and is on pace to outperform Collins during his current tenure. From a monetary standpoint, they’d be paying far less for better production. Why pass that up?

I wonder how many teams could really trade for him though?

Texans would obviously ask a lot, especially if they're not really interested in trading him

Jet's are probably the first team to come to mind, but they aren't that smart. Though it would be hilarious to see Houston actually jump ahead of the #3 pick they gave Miami. 

It's a shame that this came out after BOB was fired, because I bet the Panthers could've gotten Watson for a fifth-rounder. I'd love to see us trade for him but I doubt either team is willing to do so.

the user formerly known as cdclt

I don't understand how to value NFL draft picks, but if a #1 would get Watson (and he's clearly first-round talent, just like the Diggs trade), WFT or any other team should do it. Franchise QBs are the best NFL asset. They're more valuable than potential assets. Watson is trading the near-future (but, you know, not like Mike Ditka did with the Saints or Kevin Costner did with the Browns).

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

5 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I don't understand how to value NFL draft picks, but if a #1 would get Watson (and he's clearly first-round talent, just like the Diggs trade), WFT or any other team should do it. Franchise QBs are the best NFL asset. They're more valuable than potential assets. Watson is trading the near-future (but, you know, not like Mike Ditka did with the Saints or Kevin Costner did with the Browns).

Watson is worth far more than 1 1st round pick, I could see him going for as much as 2 1st, no less than a 1st and a high 3rd

2 hours ago, dont care said:

Watson is worth far more than 1 1st round pick, I could see him going for as much as 2 1st, no less than a 1st and a high 3rd

I saw a tweet yesterday that suggested Watson is worth three first round picks, three second picks, and a player... minimum.

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

I saw a tweet yesterday that suggested Watson is worth three first round picks, three second picks, and a player... minimum.

That's silly.  You'd wreck your franchise and any chance of being able to add players around him.

If he demands a trade because he wasn't able to select the coach and GM of his team then his value plummets in my eyes and there's no way I"d trade for someone who lacks such basic understanding of how business works.  I understand asking key players for input, but apparently he doesn't understand what the word 'input' means.  If they hire a coach that he lobbies for, then how much clout does that coach really have, and will that coach have the nuts to sit Watson down or discipline him if it's necessary?

At some point if you just let the player make those decisions, it becomes his franchise.  QBs come and go, but the people routing our direction and driving the car are put there for the long haul.  He sounds like a whiney [female dog].

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

11 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

I felt the need to add that, since no matter how talented a QB is, they need to be protected. Look at Andrew Luck.

...and my boy Joe Burrow...

It is what it is.

4 hours ago, BBTV said:

That's silly.  You'd wreck your franchise and any chance of being able to add players around him.

If he demands a trade because he wasn't able to select the coach and GM of his team then his value plummets in my eyes and there's no way I"d trade for someone who lacks such basic understanding of how business works.  I understand asking key players for input, but apparently he doesn't understand what the word 'input' means.  If they hire a coach that he lobbies for, then how much clout does that coach really have, and will that coach have the nuts to sit Watson down or discipline him if it's necessary?

At some point if you just let the player make those decisions, it becomes his franchise.  QBs come and go, but the people routing our direction and driving the car are put there for the long haul.  He sounds like a whiney [female dog].

If you say you want that player to be involved, then go out of your way not to involve him, it's on you when he wants out. The Texans have been doing a good job of shooting themselves in the foot lately I wouldn't be surprised if he and Watt want out. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, Sport said:

He's way too cool for that tumor of an organization. 

Remember those couple of weeks when it felt like RGIII was going to change everything?

You're not wrong that a Daniel Snyder-led team destroys everything it touches. But I like the uniform colors and want to see them in greater success. Maybe in a post-Snyder world.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Speaking of Washington, sometimes I like to think about the fact that the team essentially got Alex Smith for free.

Back in early 2018, the Chiefs traded Alex Smith to Washington for CB Kendall Fuller and a 2018 3rd round draft pick.

That draft pick was then traded by Kansas City to Cincinnati who selected LB Malik Jefferson.

Since being drafted, Jefferson has been a member of four different teams (CIN, CLE, TEN, LAC (x2)) in 3 seasons and has a grand total of 16 career tackles.

CB Kendall Fuller was a member of Kansas City for two seasons, winning a Super Bowl in his second season, before returning to Washington on a free agent deal this year.

Washington didn’t really lose anything out of that trade. They basically gave up a well below average linebacker, loaned a player for two seasons, and got back a QB who is now 11-5 (6-4 before injury/5-1 post return) in games he’s started for Washington.

21 hours ago, AustinFromBoston said:

I wonder how many teams could really trade for him though?

Texans would obviously ask a lot, especially if they're not really interested in trading him

20 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

15 hours ago, dont care said:

There's one team out there that has the draft capital to make this work:

Jacksonville.

But they won't do it because 1/ they're too far up the rear of the Trevor Lawrence train at this point (I just am not at all sold on that guy supposedly being the "next great hope" everyone in whatever exists of Jags Nation think he is), and because 2/ Houston would be hesitant, at the very least I would think, to trade Watson in the division.

From a business standpoint (and like you, DG, I ain't astute on draft pick valuation either, but) it'd eat up a lot of salary cap room for Jville to pull off something like that, considering Watson's current contract is like 104 mil or so over the next 5 years (someone feel free to correct that). That plus giving up at the very least a 1st and possibly a 2nd plus some more could be too steep a price for Super Mario to want to pay. BUT, If Khan really had the heart to do it, pairing Watson with all that young offensive talent could turn the Jaguars into a SERIOUS problem on offense for the next several years AND at the same time give them a force of their own to go up against King Henry and the Titans in the division. (And, of course, by default, those same Texans.)

But all that is a dream scenario and it won't happen, though, because again they done dunked Lawrence in all kinds of teal-colored Kool-Aid and they dranking by the pitcher down there. And then of course, less sarcastically, between the cap and draft capital, Jacksonville is in a rely great position to do some building--if they do it wisely. And to that point... 👇

20 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

I felt the need to add that, since no matter how talented a QB is, they need to be protected. Look at Andrew Luck.

+875,439,627. And the sooner teams figure this out, the better.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

23 hours ago, QCS said:

It's a shame that this came out after BOB was fired, because I bet the Panthers could've gotten Watson for a fifth-rounder. I'd love to see us trade for him but I doubt either team is willing to do so.

Could have dumped Jared Goff on them straight up.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived