2020 NFL Season

PittsburghSucks

7 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Can we also note how awesome it was that the Browns did this while looking like the Browns instead wearing those clown suits they had been wearing the last few years?

I was about to say this...yes, did we all see how GOOD the game looked on the field? You couldn't have asked for better contrast. And if that game didn't make the case for why orange pants are the superior choice, I don't know what else to say. 

6 hours ago, AustinFromBoston said:

Have to see what happens next season. 

But needless to say this was a huge statement by The Browns. 

Steelers really need to do something though. Tomlin is a good coach, but my god can he not coach in the playoffs. It's a wonder he managed to win a Super Bowl at all. If not for Santonio Holmes, he'd be known as one of the most inept playoff coaches in history.   

The only reason Tomlin still has a job is because Rooneys don't fire head coaches. (At least not yet.)  IMO, dude should've been canned at least three seasons ago, and if this had been any other club he probably would have. He also has a serious issue maintaining discipline amongst his players, and has for a while now.

Anyway, @infrared41 (and, if you should somehow be seeing this, @kris_bazen), this one's for you...

giphy.gif

Cheers, mate(s).

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, PittsburghSucks said:

So, are the Browns/Steelers a rivalry again?

Ever since I've moved to Pittsburgh half the Steeler fans I interact with have said "I want the Browns to be good again, I miss the rivalry." Well, they got their wish. 

T1oYViW.png

I must admit I'm green with jealousy for the Browns right now. The Bengals had the Steelers beat in a playoff game five years ago and fumbled it away. 

I don't hate the Browns. They've never given me reason to and I'm friends with many Browns fans who truly know the game and it's their turn to experience some fun football times. I'm happy for them (for the time being). 

As for the Steelers - DRINK ALL OUR FARTS. Go away forever. Literally everyone hates you, nobody feels bad for you. Watching your demise tastes better than the Patriots a year ago. At least the Patriots never won a super bowl by tearing a rival QB's knee, or employing an a$$hole rapist quarterback, or having coaches step onto the field of play, or coaching late hits coaching dirty play because you know the uniform affords you more leeway than your opponent. While the rest of the league's fans were distracted by the Patriots you guys didn't recognize the closest thing to evil that a sports franchise can be in the Steelers. This season was perhaps most annoying of all as a mediocre team got fat and cocky on some of the worst outfits in the league while shouting at anyone who dared to point out their very visible flaws. You lost a game to Ryan Finley who might be the worst quarterback to ever win an NFL start. 

Is Roethlisberger washed? Looks like it. He looked like 2010 Brett Favre the last month. I hope he comes back next year and hogs that giant amount of capspace while 1/3 of the team leaves in free agency, while being unable to throw a deep ball, while continuing to have linebacker blindness. He f******* sucks and it rules. It's sweet sweet karma. He's holding you guys hostage and it's what every single one of you deserves. Deep down you know it too. F*** that vile excuse for a human being forever. Sports will be improved by his absence. 

21 minutes ago, selby56 said:

Ever since I've moved to Pittsburgh half the Steeler fans I interact with have said "I want the Browns to be good again, I miss the rivalry." Well, they got their wish. 

That's the most Steelers fan thing I've ever heard. Only people who've never experienced the constant boot on your neck from a rival would wish for something like that. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

3 hours ago, tBBP said:

I was about to say this...yes, did we all see how GOOD the game looked on the field? You couldn't have asked for better contrast. And if that game didn't make the case for why orange pants are the superior choice, I don't know what else to say. 

[...]

1 hour ago, infrared41 said:

Thank you, my friend and stay safe out there in the BBP.

Let's address this - what is "BBP"?  I've been assuming it's something I read in Urban Dictionary which makes me giggle every time I see a post, but that's probably not correct.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

As for the Bears, I've always said that the Bears think they're the Steelers, but they're really the Bengals. A funny thing about the Bears is that from 1995-2019 (really 2001-2018 because of that '90s drought), they never played a postseason game on the road, meaning that when they did enter the playoffs in 2001, '05, '06, '10, and '18, it was as division champions, with all but 2018 coming with a first-round bye as well. When they lost in the playoffs, it was because they were either fool's gold all along (2001) or something went terribly wrong (couldn't stop Steve Smith, Bad Rex, Cutler injury, Double Doink). This game was another step toward Bengaldom: one of those where they got in as a wild card and not a particularly good one, a game where nothing was expected, nothing was delivered, and nothing will be remembered.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, Sport said:

I must admit I'm green with jealousy for the Browns right now. The Bengals had the Steelers beat in a playoff game five years ago and fumbled it away. 

I don't hate the Browns. They've never given me reason to and I'm friends with many Browns fans who truly know the game and it's their turn to experience some fun football times. I'm happy for them (for the time being). 

As for the Steelers - DRINK ALL OUR FARTS. Go away forever. Literally everyone hates you, nobody feels bad for you. Watching your demise tastes better than the Patriots a year ago. At least the Patriots never won a super bowl by tearing a rival QB's knee, or employing an a$$hole rapist quarterback, or having coaches step onto the field of play, or coaching late hits coaching dirty play because you know the uniform affords you more leeway than your opponent. While the rest of the league's fans were distracted by the Patriots you guys didn't recognize the closest thing to evil that a sports franchise can be in the Steelers. This season was perhaps most annoying of all as a mediocre team got fat and cocky on some of the worst outfits in the league while shouting at anyone who dared to point out their very visible flaws. You lost a game to Ryan Finley who might be the worst quarterback to ever win an NFL start. 

Is Roethlisberger washed? Looks like it. He looked like 2010 Brett Favre the last month. I hope he comes back next year and hogs that giant amount of capspace while 1/3 of the team leaves in free agency, while being unable to throw a deep ball, while continuing to have linebacker blindness. He f******* sucks and it rules. It's sweet sweet karma. He's holding you guys hostage and it's what every single one of you deserves. Deep down you know it too. F*** that vile excuse for a human being forever. Sports will be improved by his absence.

😄

Tell us how you really feel, homie. Short of some of the, um, more colorful language, I'm right there with you, though. Oh I got me a good laugh out of that game (& your post) while thinking about all the Steelerheads I know who no doubt were ungluing by the minute. Then one of them wrote on a post, "They have six rings...they'll be alright," to which I responded, "yeah, but Green Bay has THIRTEEN", to which said Steelerhead replied, "Green Bay has 4 Super Bowls", to which I replied, "Let me remind you all that the NFL existed well before Super Bowl I...", and then I proceeded to list the Packers' nine previous titles--tp which a different Steelerhead chimed in, "Yeah but how many teams were there back then, like six?", to which the previous Steelerhead added, "did they even have rings back then?"--after which a third Steelerhead appeared and added, "what happened back then isn't relevant; Super Bowls are relevant," at which point i started to reply, "whatever makes you feel better; keep telling yourself that"--but then just gracefully bowed out. Some folks you just can't say nothing to.

2 hours ago, Sport said:

That's the most Steelers fan thing I've ever heard. Only people who've never experienced the constant boot on your neck from a rival would wish for something like that. 

I heard it a few times myself while living there, 12 or 13 years back. 

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

Let's address this - what is "BBP"?  I've been assuming it's something I read in Urban Dictionary which makes me giggle every time I see a post, but that's probably not correct.

It's right there in my avatar, playa. :)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

16 minutes ago, tBBP said:

It's right there in my avatar, playa. :)

When did you change names? I was reading your post and thought "this dude sounds a lot like Buc" - and then I read this comment, looked at your avatar, and it clicked.

Paging @BBTV regarding the latest Eagles news, I don't know what your response will be but I'm sure it will be entertaining.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

34 minutes ago, sc49erfan15 said:

Paging @BBTV regarding the latest Eagles news, I don't know what your response will be but I'm sure it will be entertaining.

I'm guessing he's too busy celebrating, but his response should be epic.

2 hours ago, BBTV said:

BBP = Big Black Peterbilt. It's a truck.

4502162383_35cacd7067_z.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

BB52Big.jpg

17 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

BBP = Big Black Peterbilt. It's a truck.

4502162383_35cacd7067_z.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

well... I had the first two words right. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 hours ago, Sport said:

I think they do it as a pity thing or a weird brag, like "oh no, it isn't fun when we just stomp you every year. I wish the rivalry was back so the games could be fun again." 

I'd rather them just say my team sucks - the fake pity stuff is stupid and annoying. 

T1oYViW.png

2 hours ago, tBBP said:

Tell us how you really feel, homie. Short of some of the, um, more colorful language, I'm right there with you, though. Oh I got me a good laugh out of that game (& your post) while thinking about all the Steelerheads I know who no doubt were ungluing by the minute. Then one of them wrote on a post, "They have six rings...they'll be alright," to which I responded, "yeah, but Green Bay has THIRTEEN", to which said Steelerhead replied, "Green Bay has 4 Super Bowls", to which I replied, "Let me remind you all that the NFL existed well before Super Bowl I...", and then I proceeded to list the Packers' nine previous titles--tp which a different Steelerhead chimed in, "Yeah but how many teams were there back then, like six?", to which the previous Steelerhead added, "did they even have rings back then?"--after which a third Steelerhead appeared and added, "what happened back then isn't relevant; Super Bowls are relevant," at which point i started to reply, "whatever makes you feel better; keep telling yourself that"--but then just gracefully bowed out. Some folks you just can't say nothing to.

I will never understand when fans pull this argument, especially Steeler fans. Yeah, there were not nearly as many teams back then...but guess what...YOU WERE ONE OF THOSE TEAMS. The Steelers had just as many opportunities to win 9 NFL Championships back then, but they didn't, because they sucked. 

T1oYViW.png

Archived