2020 NFL Season

PittsburghSucks

19 hours ago, FiddySicks said:

The first quarterback I think of for the Bears is Kordell Stewart, and holy :censored: that’s sad.

Kyle Orton Rules (@KyleOrtonRules) | Twitter

"Kyle from Schaumburg, you're on the Score"
"hey guys well I was AT the game, and"

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/15/2021 at 3:08 AM, FiddySicks said:

The first quarterback I think of for the Bears is Kordell Stewart, and holy :censored: that’s sad. But not as sad as realizing that his replacement was named Rex Grossman and he took that sad sack franchise to a Super Bowl.  

It's like I've been saying: Chicago is where quarterbacking careers go to die. 

It's not Mitch Trubisky being bad, it's more that even Patrick Mahomes can't succeed in an organization stuck with Halas nostalgia. 

17 hours ago, AustinFromBoston said:

Gordon got his ring. He has no incentive to quit at this point. 

As for Deshaun, he needs to tell McNair to :censored: off & request a trade. He's a black QB in Houston, when has that ever ended well?  

Warren Moon's in the Hall, dude.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Oilers made the playoffs his last seven years, with a smaller field for most of that.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

18 minutes ago, AustinFromBoston said:

Sure, doesn't mean Houston didn't waste his talent like they're doing with Watson. 

It's not Warren Moon's fault that Bud Adams spent more time bitching about the Astrodome than he did on making sure Houston had some kind of defense.

5 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

They went to the playoffs 7 times in his 10 seasons with the team

And never made it past the 2nd round. One of the greatest Quaterbacks of his generation and never got close to a championship. 

Watson is looking to be the same way. 

2 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

It's not Warren Moon's fault that Bud Adams spent more time bitching about the Astrodome than he did on making sure Houston had some kind of defense.

That's exactly my point. 

16 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Is it just weed? If so, weed is legal in like half the United States.

If it's not just weed, that's something else.

It’s probably cocaine or meth. Maybe if the NFL wasn’t so draconian in their drug policy, maybe Gordon’s addictions wouldn’t have escalated.

16 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Speaking of football McNairs, sometimes I think great QBs of the 2000s and marvel that Steve McNair was murdered. Crazy world sometimes.

I just get sick of the “don’t stick your dick in crazy” jokes that follow McNair’s story everywhere.

2 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

Go Browns! Beat the Chiefs.

I won't front: I'm rooting hard for the Browns, but I think I'll be okay with either result.

On that front...if the Chiefs do win out,  I suspect by the start of next season they'll go the way of the Seahawks and become everyone's new favorite team to hate (on). Championship fatigue is something else, ain't it? It may just be due to living up here in South Dakota now, but I promise I never saw as much red and yellow until after they won the SB and now everyone and their auntie seems to be donning the red and yellow around here (in territory that's decidedly purple and yellow along with green and yellow--along with a surprising small scatter of black and teal; I sure didn't expect that). I personally have no reason to hate (on) the Chiefs--unless these fans up here become just insufferable and then it could change, haha. (Also, I'm in and out of KC these days almost as much as I'm in and out of SD, so I've gotten to know some of the town and it's people rather well.)

But that ain't got nothing to do with this weekend's games...go Bills, Browns, Packers and, I guess...Bucs??? (Wow...how long has it been since I said THAT??)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Hell, even as a Chiefs fan, I wouldn't be too bummed out by the Browns winning so long as they go onto win the Super Bowl. If they were to then get creamed in the AFC Championship Game, I'll be pretty PO'd, though. 

Frankly, the Browns have a better shot than most people think. If they can use that ball-control offense to limit the number of possessions Mahomes has the ball, victory isn't out of the question. 

However, my bet is Chiefs 31, Browns 24. However, it's the kind of 31-24 victory where the Chiefs are going in the 4th quarter up 31-10 and the defense decides to take the rest of the game off thus pissing off gamblers who seem to miss the end goal of every football game: Whoever has more points wins.

37 minutes ago, AustinFromBoston said:

Is there anyone that doesn't want to see The Browns make it (outside of Chiefs & Steelers fans)?

Can't think of a team/fanbase that has suffered more than them. 

Bills/Browns in the AFCCG is what America wants.

Chiefs/Ravens is what I expect. I'm keeping the faith though!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

36 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Is NBC using Natalie Merchant music for outros because the game is in upstate New York? That's wonderful. Do Ani DeFranco next.

I liked Depeche Mode It's No Good after the last missed FG.  Nice touch.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived