2020 NFL Season

PittsburghSucks

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

The touchback rule on a fumble through the end zone is crazy. I get it, I guess... I mean I don't know what else it should be, but it's such a killer. Seems like the "penalty" is so extreme for such a simple mistake.

I'm not sure why it isn't treated like any other fumble that goes out of bounds, where it's returned to the offense at the point where the ball came out of the player's hands.  It's too big of a swing to have it be a touchback.  It's really one of the worst rules IMO.  That ended up being a 10-point swing, and you simply can't come back from that against a team like the Chiefs.  It was properly called, just a lousy rule.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

The touchback rule on a fumble through the end zone is crazy. I get it, I guess... I mean I don't know what else it should be, but it's such a killer. Seems like the "penalty" is so extreme for such a simple mistake.

It's possibly the dumbest rule in football. Fumble out of bounds anywhere else and the offense retains possession, but fumble in the end zone and the defense gets possession? Makes no sense. Move the offense back to the 20 or something, but making it a turnover is brutal.

spacer.png

9 hours ago, AustinFromBoston said:

Would you rather lose in the divisional round, or would you rather make it all the way to the actual game? 

It doesn't really matter if you don't win it all, does it? 

27 minutes ago, AustinFromBoston said:

Chiefs had their moment last year & I’m quickly getting sick of them. They’re the only team I don’t want making it. 
Actually Saints too, :censored: them for trying to murder Favre for their only ring. They don’t deserve :censored:. 

Brown, Bills, Bucs deserve it more. 

We've only had one year and you got to experience 20. Lighten up, Francis.

4 minutes ago, burgundy said:

It's possibly the dumbest rule in football. Fumble out of bounds anywhere else and the offense retains possession, but fumble in the end zone and the defense gets possession? Makes no sense. Move the offense back to the 20 or something, but making it a turnover is brutal.

Yeah, I don't really get the logic. Like, you can stretch the ball over the pylon and it's a TD. Fumble it, and it's catastrophe. Doesn't make sense.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

6 minutes ago, burgundy said:

Fumble out of your end zone = defense gets points and the ball 

Fumble out of their end zone = defense gets the ball

Not that crazy

2 minutes ago, AustinFromBoston said:

You can't win it if you don't make it. 

You're really trying to be a reductive know it all aren't ya? 😆

Is trying to prove that Dan Marino technically "almost won" a Super Bowl so you can say Warren Moon and the Oilers failed because of racism that important to you? You picked the wrong hill to die on. 

BTW the last Houston Oilers starting QB was Steve McNair. Another black guy. He made it to the Super Bowl with that team. Granted it was after they moved to Tennessee, but they had the same ownership structure in place. 

And McNair came a hell of a lot closer to winning in his Super Bowl appearance than Marino did in his. 

18 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I'm not sure why it isn't treated like any other fumble that goes out of bounds, where it's returned to the offense at the point where the ball came out of the player's hands.  It's too big of a swing to have it be a touchback.  It's really one of the worst rules IMO.  That ended up being a 10-point swing, and you simply can't come back from that against a team like the Chiefs.  It was properly called, just a lousy rule.

Honestly, the touchback is besides the point. The refs ignored a dangerous helmet-to-helmet hit on that play and once again made the league's rhetoric on "player safety" look like a joke.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

17 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

We've only had one year and you got to experience 20. Lighten up, Francis.

Patriots fans shouldn't get to complain about being "sick" of another team until at least 2040. 

That's really really scary to watch.

Mahomes' brains turn into scrambled eggs and then 2 minutes later we all cheer for the big play.

Ugh. I don't feel so good now.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Wellp, sounds like Mahomes may be out for the rest of the game with a concussion...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived