PittsburghSucks

2020 NFL Season

Recommended Posts

That hit at the pylon, though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn, gutted for Cleveland. They should have had it. Great game. 
 

KC better hope Mahomes is a go for next week though. Buffalo is good enough to beat them with Mahomes but without him, they should be favored. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

Bills vs Chiefs.

 

 

@DG_ThenNowForever, may the best team win.

 

I feel like that's KC, but I'm just happy my team will be there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poor Browns, they legitimately had a chance. 

But that playcalling on their last drive was atrocious. Needed to take a page out of Buffalo & KC's playbook & have Mayfield run a few times. 

Of course now everyone is just going to talk about the uncalled Helmet-Helmet & touchback costing Cleveland the game. 

 

I have no doubt Mahomes is going to be "fine" next week.

Hope Bills win, they deserve a chance to end their legacy of Failure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What sad excuse for a defense allows Chad frickin' Henne to ice the game?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the way Mahomes was wobbling after that hit, I think it'd be a miracle for him to be back in by the time they play Buffalo. He looked like he was out on his feet, that's a clear as day concussion.

 

And if you think KC risks the long-term health of their biggest player for even a single game, you're crazy. They'll be super cautious; better to just lose this one playoff game than risk permanently damaging Mahomes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, habsfan1 said:

My goodness, that was brutal. The replay of that touchback was hard to watch. So close to the pylon...

 

🤬.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

 

I feel like that's KC, but I'm just happy my team will be there!

 

Mahomes likely being out is definitely an equalizer, though. It'll be a hard-fought game, that's for sure.

 

6 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

With the way Mahomes was wobbling after that hit, I think it'd be a miracle for him to be back in by the time they play Buffalo. He looked like he was out on his feet, that's a clear as day concussion.

 

And if you think KC risks the long-term health of their biggest player for even a single game, you're crazy. They'll be super cautious; better to just lose this one playoff game than risk permanently damaging Mahomes.

 

I think a lot of people forget the Chiefs plunked down half a billion dollars on Mahomes going into a season where they're practically guaranteed to bleed red ink. They aren't going to take any bit of this lightly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now Hopefully Brady torches Brees. 
 

I’ll never forgive the Saints for trying to murder Brett Favre (among other players) hope they never win another Superbowl as long as Payton & Brees are on that team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the NFL actually cared about player safety like they claim to, Mahomes would be out next week. They don't, though, so Mahomes is almost certainly playing.

 

The bigger question is how effective he'll be with both the concussion and that foot injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

If the NFL actually cared about player safety like they claim to, Mahomes would be out next week. They don't, though, so Mahomes is almost certainly playing.

 

The bigger question is how effective he'll be with both the concussion and that foot injury.

My thoughts exactly. 
 

One of their most popular young QBs in one of the biggest games of the year, of course they’re going to “twist” the rules to ensure he can play. 
Unless Mahomes says otherwise, which of course he won’t.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a rule that a player with a concussion has to sit out an entire week? I don't know the protocol and I don't get why everyone is immediately assuming Mahomes shouldn't play

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

Is there a rule that a player with a concussion has to sit out an entire week? I don't know the protocol and I don't get why everyone is immediately assuming Mahomes shouldn't play

 

He shouldn't play because you could see his brains leaking out of his nose 75 minutes ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

If the NFL actually cared about player safety like they claim to, Mahomes would be out next week. They don't, though, so Mahomes is almost certainly playing.

 

The bigger question is how effective he'll be with both the concussion and that foot injury.


Agreed. But the NFL doesn’t actually care about player safety. Just care about the appearance that they do. 
 

That concussion was honestly one the scarier ones I’ve ever seen in the NFL, purely because it seemed like he suffered it with minimal contact, especially to his head. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DG_ThenNowForever said:

 

He shouldn't play because you could see his brains leaking out of his nose 75 minutes ago.

Right but does that kind of thing not clear up in 7 days? I've never paid attention to concussions before. Also he looked okay in the tent and was tweeting during the game. I've been knocked loopy before, I was certainly fine a week later. But maybe the protocols are very strict and catch things you would never notice otherwise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

Is there a rule that a player with a concussion has to sit out an entire week? I don't know the protocol and I don't get why everyone is immediately assuming Mahomes shouldn't play

 

I think the fact that Mahomes could barely stand up or walk has a lot to do with why people think he should sit this one out. This wasn't just an average concussion, it was one of the worst-looking concussions we've seen in a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

Right but does that kind of thing not clear up in 7 days? I've never paid attention to concussions before. Also he looked okay in the tent and was tweeting during the game. I've been knocked loopy before, I was certainly fine a week later. But maybe the protocols are very strict and catch things you would never notice otherwise

 

I can't answer that. Steve Young and Troy Aikman started collecting concussions at the ends of their careers. One doesn't lead to another, of course, but the Chiefs just invested a ton of money in Mahomes. Should they risk him getting hurt again -- which could be career-altering? -- or sit him and protect the next ten years?

 

I totally expect him to play. The prudent decision to me, as some dude on a coach, is for him to watch from the sidelines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sit Mahomes. 

 

The Chiefs still have all their other playmakers. Win, and you'll likely have Mahomes back by the Super Bowl. Lose and go at it again next year with a Mahomes who isn't risking becoming a vegetable. Frankly, making the AFC Championship Game at least satisfies the base expectation I had all year. 

Edited by Red Comet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.