2020 NFL Season

PittsburghSucks

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NFL really needs to 86 this timeout-before-the-kick thing.  It got annoying two years ago.

But dude...three straight 50+-yard kicks. All good. Butker earned every piece of that paycheck today.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

3 hours ago, ninersdd said:

The 49ers have lit into the turf at Metlife, as Bosa and Thomas are probably done for the year. In addition, several players for both teams had incurred injuries. There's more bad news for the Niners as they have to go back there next week.

Is that turf new this year? I don't recall hearing issues with it before. 

I'm not arguing with you -- just curious. 

It's where I sit.

Regarding the Covid rules

1) If everyone on a team is tested all the time, including coaches, why do the coaches need to wear masks and the players don't?  Don't the league protocols ensure that everyone on the field is clean?  I know that tests aren't 100% accurate, but it would seem to me that the coaches should have a choice.  Maybe some would still choose to wear it, but obviously most wouldn't.  There's not even sideline reporters - so who do they come in contact with (on the sidelines at least)?

2) Edited out.  Basically a rant about the people of Texas and Florida.  Low hanging fruit at this point.  I hope none of them get Covid.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

17 minutes ago, AustinFromBoston said:

I swear, Chiefs could be losing 52-10 with 10 minutes left in the4th, and they’d still win. 

It’s crazy. 

You’re better off spotting the Chiefs a lead. LOL

With next week's Monday night marquee on the horizon for my team, I'll pass on that. I'm willing to bet we'll play more to our strengths throughout the game if all goes well.

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

7 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Regarding the Covid rules

1) If everyone on a team is tested all the time, including coaches, why do the coaches need to wear masks and the players don't?  Don't the league protocols ensure that everyone on the field is clean?  I know that tests aren't 100% accurate, but it would seem to me that the coaches should have a choice.  Maybe some would still choose to wear it, but obviously most wouldn't.  There's not even sideline reporters - so who do they come in contact with (on the sidelines at least)?

2) Edited out.  Basically a rant about the people of Texas and Florida.  Low hanging fruit at this point.  I hope none of them get Covid.

I'm guessing the concern is that a player is breathing heavily a mask could impair his ability to breath properly.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'm guessing the concern is that a player is breathing heavily a mask could impair his ability to breath properly.

No I'm fine with that - I'm specifically referring to why the coaches have to if everyone else is tested.  There really shouldn't be anyone on the field that hasn't gone through the testing, so it should theoretically be a safe place.  The protocols seem to be working, so I'm fine with the players not wearing them, as long as the penalties for violating the protocols are very harsh.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just now, BBTV said:

No I'm fine with that - I'm specifically referring to why the coaches have to if everyone else is tested.  The protocols seem to be working, so I'm fine with the players not wearing them, as long as the penalties for violating the protocols are very harsh.

Because the stadium staff may not be getting the same level of testing as they are. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived