AC St. Louis MLS Concept: Updated 7/30

8BW14

So I’m trying a whole new shape and arrangement of the logo altogether after thinking on the comments of @-kj, @OmegaRed and @Brian in Boston. I totally ditched the arch. I agree that it creates a really awkward space for the statue. I also couldn’t some up with a great shape for the bottom of the badge that didn’t just plain look weird. Now the Apotheosis stands on top of of the crest which features the team name and year 1764, separated by the river stripe. I think it gives everything some more room to breathe and puts the Apotheosis in a place of prominence at the top of the crest. I also switched up the monogram to be inspired by a Cardinals hat logo from the 1940’s.

spacer.png

Let me know what you think of the new design and thanks for taking a look.

Nice! I think you have a much tighter execution here.

You could probably go a touch smaller on the year so it's centered within that space at the bottom at not so close to the edge. Also maybe play with the kerning on the year slightly. 

It's just a little different between each numeral. Other than that, great update! I like that there are so many possibilities for secondary and tertiary logos. The statue on it's own.... the crest on it's own... the monogram. Really cool stuff man.

spacer.png

17 hours ago, 8BW14 said:

So I’m trying a whole new shape and arrangement of the logo altogether after thinking on the comments of @-kj, @OmegaRed and @Brian in Boston. I totally ditched the arch. I agree that it creates a really awkward space for the statue. I also couldn’t some up with a great shape for the bottom of the badge that didn’t just plain look weird. Now the Apotheosis stands on top of of the crest which features the team name and year 1764, separated by the river stripe. I think it gives everything some more room to breathe and puts the Apotheosis in a place of prominence at the top of the crest. I also switched up the monogram to be inspired by a Cardinals hat logo from the 1940’s.

spacer.png

Let me know what you think of the new design and thanks for taking a look.

Ooooooooooh now this is beautiful. This is art. This could be announced on August 13 and I would be elated. 

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

Archived