Next NFL team to rename

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Sebastianm said:

Which is the next after the Redskins, another thread will be posted on Expansion.

None, branding is to connected to the name to change. If a team did change it would most likely be chiefs for the same reason the redskins changed but it’s extremely unlikely.

I could see the Chiefs getting rid of the arrowhead and going with a freestanding KC (or a KC enclosed in something else). Look for it to come alongside selling naming rights to Arrowhead Stadium so that we can praise a Brand.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 hours ago, the admiral said:

I could see the Chiefs getting rid of the arrowhead and going with a freestanding KC (or a KC enclosed in something else). Look for it to come alongside selling naming rights to Arrowhead Stadium so that we can praise a Brand.

For some reason I thought KC's "Arrowhead" was the same as Anaheim's, and was one of those naming rights deals that didn't seem like one (like Rich Stadium or Great Western Forum).

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, Sebastianm said:

Honestly, the Texans are the next one, it sounds bland and generic.

They've had a consistent brand that's had absolute minimal changes in the past 2 decades almost. They aren't going to change on the basis that it's bland? The only team possibly changing names is the chiefs but I think it's still not incredible probable. This whole thread seems like waste of time. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

11 hours ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

This whole thread seems like waste of time. 

Why so harsh bro?

Obviously the thread starter and those discussing it here do not seem to think it's a waste of time. In fact you even found it relevant enough to comment in the thread. 

The only way an NFL team changes its name in my opinion is 1) with a move (and that's a maybe, see Oakland/Los Angeles/Oakland/Las Vegas Raiders), 2) with an ownership change (the last one I can think of is Titans to Jets in the early '60s), or 3) outcry that builds to a crescendo.

Now that Washington changed, I don't know if we can anticipate that any others will, even the Chiefs, since that's not really a pejorative, like that other name was. 

Archived