Next NFL team to rename

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, pianoknight said:

New York Giants - They prefer the term "persons of height." 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

New York Giants - They prefer the term "persons of height." 

I could see them rebranding if Vince McMahon bought the team, from the New York Giants to the New York Big Shows.

31 minutes ago, DDR said:

I could see them rebranding if Vince McMahon bought the team, from the New York Giants to the New York Big Shows.

somewhat ironically, Titans would likely be VKM’s choice for a NY football team. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Third time’s the charm.

St. Louis, as much as I love to trash that town has been hosed by the NFL. The NFL Cardinals were basically the old Clippers minus the market. The Rams had a massive history in the country's second-largest market and really belonged there. St. Louis deserved better. Again, I say this as somebody who will jump at almost any opportunity to say St. Louis sucks, in great part because of my hatred of the baseball Cardinals.

5 hours ago, Sebastianm said:

That was a joke, right?

It's Right-Wing Onion.

How do we ban satire? We should probably do that for a while. I'm pretty sure anti-vax and flat-earth movements have their origins in internet jokes that were taken seriously by simpletons. Should we ban free speech regarding those or just ship those people off to compounds in Montana, so proper society doesn't have to deal with them?

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

somewhat ironically, Titans would likely be VKM’s choice for a NY football team. 

I was joking, because he rebranded WCW’s The Giant as the Big Show

The original plan for his name was Titan - the Corporate Giant. 

10 hours ago, DDR said:

giphy.gif

Eh, I thought it was solid. Giants. Big Show. C'mon. 

I liked it.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

7 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

The original plan for his name was Titan - the Corporate Giant. 

That would have been clever. I think they tried "Big Nasty" for a week but it didn't take. Thankfully, we got the greatest couplet in wrestling theme history:

get ready for something that you'll never know,

you won't see it coming, but I promise you'll know

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

9 minutes ago, the admiral said:

That would have been clever. I think they tried "Big Nasty" for a week but it didn't take. Thankfully, we got the greatest couplet in wrestling theme history:

get ready for something that you'll never know,

you won't see it coming, but I promise you'll know

I think they went with the worst option.  I get that it's supposed to signify that Ram is the true "big show", but I don't think anyone actually made that connection at the time.  IIRC, he went by Paul Wight for a few weeks, Big Nasty, and then Big Show.  I think The Corporate Giant, Titan would have been the best, and then he just sheds the first part when he turns face for the first of 500 times.

Since no NFL team is renaming any time soon, this thread should turn into Let's All Choose the Best Never-Used Name For Paul Wight.

46 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I think they went with the worst option.  I get that it's supposed to signify that Ram is the true "big show", but I don't think anyone actually made that connection at the time.  IIRC, he went by Paul Wight for a few weeks, Big Nasty, and then Big Show.  I think The Corporate Giant, Titan would have been the best, and then he just sheds the first part when he turns face for the first of 500 times.

Since no NFL team is renaming any time soon, this thread should turn into Let's All Choose the Best Never-Used Name For Paul Wight.

By the time this thread is renamed, Paul Wight will have turned both heel and face at least 100 more times....in one match.  

It'll probably be the Jaguars moving to London, St. Louis, or maybe even San Diego. But I don't see anyone moving anytime soon. The Chiefs could end up changing eventually, but that's a conversation for another time.

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

Archived