Next city to get an NFL team

Sebastianm

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Sebastianm said:

What will be the next nfl city?

There's 32 teams in 30 cities - and it could easily be argued that there aren't 30 NFL cities.

1.  Look at who needs wants a new stadium and isn't getting it.  Then...

2.  Look at what cities are willing to give a billionaire a tax-payer-funded multi-billion-dollar stadium.

I'm not sure there's anyone begging for a stadium right now, and due to the pandemic, it's unlikely that any city could possibly commit that kind of money to something considering how many are going broke and having to raise taxes just to try and make up for billions in lost revenue.  

Don't forget - cities are businesses too, and this isn't a great time for many businesses.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, BringBackTheVet said:

There's 32 teams in 30 cities - and it could easily be argued that there aren't 30 NFL cities.

1.  Look at who needs wants a new stadium and isn't getting it.  Then...

2.  Look at what cities are willing to give a billionaire a tax-payer-funded multi-billion-dollar stadium.

I'm not sure there's anyone begging for a stadium right now, and due to the pandemic, it's unlikely that any city could possibly commit that kind of money to something considering how many are going broke and having to raise taxes just to try and make up for billions in lost revenue.  

Don't forget - cities are businesses too, and this isn't a great time for many businesses.

I’m asking for the community’s opinion.

1 minute ago, Sebastianm said:

I’m asking for the community’s opinion.

Am I not a member of this community?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Utah is a great city.

9 hours ago, Sebastianm said:

Utah, San Diego, San Antonio, St. Louis, Portland, Orlando, and Birmingham are all great reps!

San Diego won’t pay for a new stadium. San Antonio, Portland, birmingham don’t have the infrastructure. St. Louis has already failed 2x. Orlando is too close to both Tampa, Jacksonville, and even Miami for any of those teams to agree to a new team taking part of their market

I'm going to throw a curveball and say that someone in San Diego decides to build their own stadium, buys the Chargers from Spanos and brings the Chargers back to where they belong.

As it is, I don't see the world economy, much less the US economy, recovering in the near future. The potential collapse of Three Gorges Dam in China will not help matters either. So expansion is out and relocating is the only way I can see new markets in the NFL.

After the relocations of the Rams, Chargers and Raiders, the NFL is going to want a measure of franchise stability for at least the next decade.  The Raiders to Las Vegas will be the last relocation for a while.  

Archived