NHL’s New Seattle Kraken Announce Name & Logos

crashcarson15

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Well it's certainly unique. Although, I think it's kind of weird to consider an entire team to be one singular creature. Krakens probably would have been an easier sell for some people.

I dig the logos, and the jerseys look alright. The number outline of the blue jerseys probably should've been red, but it's solid.

There is no Krakens. It's sheep, fish and kraken.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

15 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

according to the mothership, the script was always the primary. 

https://www.sportslogos.net/logos/list_by_team/30/washington_capitals/

According to the mothership, George W is still president, preceded by Michael Dukakis.  Let's all pick Michael Dukakis' best logos!

(OK, I'll stop now - couldn't resist one more shot at an easy target.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

49 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

“Krakens” is an acceptable alternate, according to some sources.  But “kraken” is also plural. 

Just saw it. However, Krakens sounds wrong to me; acceptable or not.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

For those who love the name "Kraken" -- Would you feel the same about the name if the current Washington or Edmonton football teams adopted Kraken as their mascot?

I mean, same thing, right?

6uXNWAo.png

22 minutes ago, Cujo said:

For those who love the name "Kraken" -- Would you feel the same about the name if the current Washington or Edmonton football teams adopted Kraken as their mascot?

It's clearly not.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

28 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Are you (still not) aware of the situation in Washington regarding their football team – for the past 40 years? Textbook case of apples-and-oranges comparison intended?

7 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Because a silly name like Kraken doesn't belong in pro football, but for hockey it's ok?

You think it's a silly name. Other people love it. Who's right?

11 hours ago, selgy said:

The blue of the jersey bleeding into the negative space of the S and becoming the "testicle" is what makes the blue work so incredibly well for me.  

It’s sack-religious to not like that use of negative space.

Names like Kraken, Express, even Iron or any other plural nouns like that would all be a little weird to see in the NFL and even CFL. However, I wouldn’t mind either Edmonton or Washington choosing a name like those. It’s weird to see it as common in leagues like MLS, NBA, and now NHL, but nowhere in the MLB & NFL.

1 hour ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Make it ice blue and take my money!!!!

Anyone know if Fanatics flex-fit sizes are similar to New Era's 3930s?  I'm a S/M in the 3930 and want to get the flex version of that hat, but I've never owned a Fanatics-branded product.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

45 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Because a silly name like Kraken doesn't belong in pro football, but for hockey it's ok?

I'm not going to explain context to people who willfully choose not to understand.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

Clearly since they are both seaports.

Oh, wait...

It's where I sit.

Archived