NHL’s New Seattle Kraken Announce Name & Logos

crashcarson15

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blech.  Logo is cool.  Uniform is...fine?  I mean, it's not garish, fine.  But major swing and miss at what they had.  They had a beautiful salmon and it's a tertiary, barely there color.  Dark colored uniform.  

There were better options out there.  The uniform isn't bad...but it's a miss from me.  

I'm so dissapointed, honestly. The jerseys look sick, but uuuuugh, the name is such a terrible choice. Sounds like a minor-league club or some kind of roller hockey team, not a professional sports franchise.

It doesn't even have any local connection, it's just trying way too hard to be "cool".

WLh07Qdd.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

7 minutes ago, Brian in Boston said:

Whelp. They went trendy. On the plus side, the logo and uniforms are spot-on. The name? Brutal.

That's my feeling as well. The wordmark doesn't work for me though.

I saw, I came, I left.

Logo, colors, and uniform? Awesome.

The name, though?

spacer.png

This may be the biggest discrepancy between the quality of name and rest of identity that I can recall; yes, more so than “Wild”. For them to pick “Kraken”, they absolutely HAD to knock everything else out of the park to get by, and to thier credit, they really did. But yikes, the name.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

2 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Well, twenty year cycle. They join the Wild in the “horrible name, but amazing logo and uniforms” club. It took twenty years for another name this trash heapy.

Well said.  They've won me over with that sweater.  I can tolerate the dumb name for something that looks that good

90758391980.gif

The sweater is slick. The logo is good. 

I get that Kraken is very meme-ish and the explanation behind why that's not good, but I'm having a hard time understanding why a giant mythological squid is a bad hockey team nickname. I mean, Kraken rum is decent and their branding doesn't seem terrible. 

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

Archived