crashcarson15

NHL’s New Seattle Kraken Announce Name & Logos

Disappointed at the name, but love the logo and color scheme. 

I must say though, that wordmark font would look great for the Baltimore Ravens

Well, twenty year cycle. They join the Wild in the “horrible name, but amazing logo and uniforms” club. It took twenty years for another name this trash heapy.

3 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

kraken-jersey-lg.png

God DAMN. For a :censored:ty name, they absolutely KILLED it with logo and jersey design. It’s like successfully polishing a turd.

Blech.  Logo is cool.  Uniform is...fine?  I mean, it's not garish, fine.  But major swing and miss at what they had.  They had a beautiful salmon and it's a tertiary, barely there color.  Dark colored uniform.  

There were better options out there.  The uniform isn't bad...but it's a miss from me.  

I'm so dissapointed, honestly. The jerseys look sick, but uuuuugh, the name is such a terrible choice. Sounds like a minor-league club or some kind of roller hockey team, not a professional sports franchise.

It doesn't even have any local connection, it's just trying way too hard to be "cool".

WLh07Qdd.png

4 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

kraken-jersey-lg.png

Now that's a Quackin' uniform.

7 minutes ago, Brian in Boston said:

Whelp. They went trendy. On the plus side, the logo and uniforms are spot-on. The name? Brutal.

That's my feeling as well. The wordmark doesn't work for me though.

I can see the S logo being worn on so many rapper's hats. It will be the new White Sox or Raiders when it comes to gear being worn by hardcore rappers.

Logo, colors, and uniform? Awesome.

The name, though?

spacer.png

This may be the biggest discrepancy between the quality of name and rest of identity that I can recall; yes, more so than “Wild”. For them to pick “Kraken”, they absolutely HAD to knock everything else out of the park to get by, and to thier credit, they really did. But yikes, the name.

The colors, logos, and jerseys are top notch.  Incredible work whoever did these.  

2 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Well, twenty year cycle. They join the Wild in the “horrible name, but amazing logo and uniforms” club. It took twenty years for another name this trash heapy.

Well said.  They've won me over with that sweater.  I can tolerate the dumb name for something that looks that good

The sweater is slick. The logo is good. 

I get that Kraken is very meme-ish and the explanation behind why that's not good, but I'm having a hard time understanding why a giant mythological squid is a bad hockey team nickname. I mean, Kraken rum is decent and their branding doesn't seem terrible.